Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Have you had a colour analysis?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
papagena
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Some years ago I treated myself with a colour/style analysis by an expert. (For more information about the system, see the Colour me Beautiful website (I wanted to post the link, but I'm not allowed yet!)). I'm a "soft autumn" type, or "soft and warm" as they call it now.

I really benefited a great deal from this advice, especially for clothing. There was also make-up advice included (more about the colours I can use than about how to apply it - but that was not the subject back then anyway). I'm just curious if there are people here who have had this kind of advice too. Do you stick to it concerning your make-up, or do you just buy the colours you like?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I had this done many years ago when it was the rage. Well worth the money spent for a personal color draping session. I use those principles to this day. Highly recommend.
papagena
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
It might be worth it to redo it. It's no longer believed you stay the same season/type all your life, so if it's like 10-15 years ago you might have changed.

Anyway I've got green eyes, mostly I use brown or green tones, but I like teal/turquoise on me too. Now I ordered some mineral eye shadow samples which are either in the green range, or in the purple one. I think it might be a good match! We'll see Wink .
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I remember when it was so popular to have your colors done. Of course I got the book, and my mother and I did a group class on the topic. My friends who had the personalized analysis would not go anywhere without their swatches.

I think it was positive in that it forced people to look at themselves and think about what colors really worked for them. But it also tended to make you feel as though you had to avoid some colors.

During my second pregnancy, a blonde friend loaned me her maternity clothes. For the first time ever, I was dressing in the kinds of purples and blues I had never worn in my adult life. It was kind of cool, but I have not worn any "blonde" colors since!
papagena
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you need to avoid certain colours - at least not when I look at my colour swatch. It's rather the intensity and the (warm or cool) undertone of the colour that matters. With the exception of black and pure white.

So you take this analysis into account also when choosing make-up colours?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I look better in warm colors. When I wear pinks, I pick the warm pinks. Eye shadow is brown, not grey.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I would love to have this done. I think sometimes we might 'like' a certain colour but it might not suit us? skin tone/hair/eyes/etc

anyone know anywhere in Australia you can get this done and how much does it cost?

5% products discount

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I think you might find a consultant near you on the CMB website. But I'm still not allowed to post the link Wink .
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:12 am      Reply with quote
papagena wrote:
I think you might find a consultant near you on the CMB website. But I'm still not allowed to post the link Wink .

Here you go ... http://www.colormebeautiful.com/

I was CMB'd almost 20 years ago and still dress in 'winter' colours - no yellow undertones allowed.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm a winter; it's dark colors & white, contrast or nothing for me.

Nowadays it's called 12 Season; it's much broader than CMB. I'm actually a bright winter probably. There are a few good sites about it online....

http://www.thechicfashionista.com/your-best-perfect-colors.html

I've gone blonde, worn bronzer, grappled with brown eyeliner, suffered bad neutrals choices makeup wise. I'm done with highlights, feel a lot more cautious about any kind of bronze tone etc. There's actually an art to it; you CAN wear the "wrong" colors but not as a dominant theme of your look, unless you committ to the whole nine yards and make yourself a whole other season. Jennifer Aniston is an example of someone who has done this. She was probably a winter to begin, or possibly a soft summer. That is what the color people say. She looks great so much lighter so she may have been a mousy summer who's better off.

I went lighter a few years ago and the second the foils came off all I could think was, "what a waste of money."
3 days after I got all the highlights out of my hair someone complimented my hair, pretty much for the first time in years.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |