Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone out there have "Lumbar Stenosis"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:52 am      Reply with quote
http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/lumbar-spinal-stenosis-topic-overview

I have had 2 shots and it isn't helping. Pain in hips and legs. My doctor wants to put a foreign object between #3 and #4. Just wanting to know if anyone has experienced this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Before you have surgery, see if you can find a doctor who does prolotherapy. It seems to work for most joint and back pain. It's basically just a shot of dextrose and Lidocaine that sets up a reaction where the body can heal itself.

http://www.prolotherapyinstitute.com/case-studies/neck-and-back-pain-2.htm
scroll down that page and read about Harriet Wasserman. Sounds like she had what you have.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Before you have surgery, see if you can find a doctor who does prolotherapy. It seems to work for most joint and back pain. It's basically just a shot of dextrose and Lidocaine that sets up a reaction where the body can heal itself.

http://www.prolotherapyinstitute.com/case-studies/neck-and-back-pain-2.htm
scroll down that page and read about Harriet Wasserman. Sounds like she had what you have.

Thanks SoftSkin, I am going to check this out right away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I've got stenosis and a spur in my neck - I find that the HF wand really helps. I also have lower back problems.

Personally, I think surgery is to be avoided at all costs (unless you have exhausted every other avenue and the pain is unbearable). I'd be trying acupuncture or Bowen Therapy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/lumbar-spinal-stenosis-topic-overview

I have had 2 shots and it isn't helping. Pain in hips and legs. My doctor wants to put a foreign object between #3 and #4. Just wanting to know if anyone has experienced this.

My mother (78 ) has the same problem and is not a candidate for surgery. She gets a lot of pain relief from using an at-home spinal decompression machine. Basically, she lays on her back and places her legs on the machine, which gently raises them, thus relieving the pressure in her back. Physical therapy exercises also helped immensely, but the machine has the same effect and is easier. I would check with a physical therapist before having surgery.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was listening to the prolotherapy radio show and the doctor said stenosis is caused by loose ligaments in the back that prolotherapy can tighten up somehow. At least, that is my understanding of what he said.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |