Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Questions about DHC Cleansing Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma413

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm totally new to cleansing oil. I bought my first DHC cleansing oil yesterday and I'm not sure how to use it. Can I use it to remove mascara? I tried to remove my mascara with it last night, the remove was fine, but everything I saw was blur for a while. Is it normal? Or was I doing it the wrong way? And how long should I massage? Since it's DEEP CLEANSING OIL, is it okay for daily use?
Thank you so much.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Check the DHC site.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Emma413 wrote:
I'm totally new to cleansing oil. I bought my first DHC cleansing oil yesterday and I'm not sure how to use it. Can I use it to remove mascara? I tried to remove my mascara with it last night, the remove was fine, but everything I saw was blur for a while. Is it normal? Or was I doing it the wrong way? And how long should I massage? Since it's DEEP CLEANSING OIL, is it okay for daily use?
Thank you so much.

You should check the website but the protocol with DHC cleansing oil is fairly similar when compared to other cleansing oils, it will remove the makeup and give you a more thorough clean (especially if you use allot of makeup during the day time) but then use a normal cleanser over the top to take it all off.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the step:

1. use 3-4 pumps of cleansing oil on dry hands.

2. spread gently and thoroughly over dry face.

3. add a few drops of lukewarm water to face to emulsify.(oil will turn milky white).

4. wash off any milky oil on your hand

5. use you hand (left with some water after washing) repeat #3

6. rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water.

DONE !!!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Try Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil. The product contains plant extracts, including Rose Hip oil and Green tea catechin oil (not to mention, preservative free). Mild enough for sensitive and baby skin. Not sure you have it in your country though.
Hope this will help you!! Smile
Emma413

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys. But the DHC site didn't mention about blur vision after use. Is that normal? And I wonder if it can actually eliminate blackheads.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 am      Reply with quote
The DHC cleansing oil reminds me of Dessert Essence cleansing oil I used to use.

Also very similar to Dr Bronners soaps/oil cleanser.

The DHC one is nice too,I used to buy it,but not lately.

I like DHC products,but some of the ingredients in the products kind of gross me out so I buy less of that line now.

I'm sure the cleansing oil is fine,but some of their moisturizers contain PLACENTA bleh!!

If you order the DHC catalog, they always have a sample of the oil and something else that comes with it!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Emma413 wrote:
Thanks guys. But the DHC site didn't mention about blur vision after use. Is that normal?

You have to keep your eyes closed really tight if you are going to use to remove eye makeup.

I also wanted to add then when I used this I found no need for an additional cleanser. It works really well alone and rinses totally clean.
natieya
5% products discount

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
marklee wrote:
Try Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil. The product contains plant extracts, including Rose Hip oil and Green tea catechin oil (not to mention, preservative free). Mild enough for sensitive and baby skin. Not sure you have it in your country though.
Hope this will help you!! Smile

This raises a good question. I have only tried the fancl mild cleansing oil. Has anyone tried this one and the DHC cleansing oil? How do they compare? They both have excellent reviews on makeupalley. I think the prices are similar, too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I know DHC is primarily olive oil (whic is gd in a way) that it has a thick touch and so tends to blur eyesight easily.

Some people might experience breakouts after washing cleansing oil, i guess it is caused by the film of oil it leaves on skin after washing. If u hv oily skin, u better wash agin with bubbly cleanser. People with dry skin might be benefited by it, so see for yourself.

I diy my cleansing oil by adding 15ml emulsifer (tween 20 or 80 to 100ml grapeseed oil of which i like the light texture. Cheap but superb! I even use it on my body (esp back) once a week and hair scalp.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Also, to me, cleansing oil is just like OCM without the need to cloth off the oil.

I was once told that you can use it to remove stains on leather eg. couch or other surfaces. Rub oil on stains, let it melt the dirts and swipe with a wet cloth.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |