Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Lower Bleph - Is it Worth It??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 am      Reply with quote
So far I have been pleased with using CPs, LED, etc for my eye area but I've always had a desire to get this surgery done eventually. To those who had it done did you also get it with the laser and was it worth it? How much did it cost? And I read some did it with Anesthesia only?
Whats your input on this surgery? I read good and bad reviews about it and do most Eye doctors take payments if you pay 80% cash??
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely meet with a few dr's before deciding on one. I would look for a facial plastic surgeon. Your outcome is mostly dependent on the skill of your surgeon. This is usually done under local only. There really is no need for general anesthesia for this procedure. Most dr's don't take payment plans thru their own office but some take care credit (its like a loan for medical related expenses).

People I know IRL that have had it done look great. Average price seems to be around $3k.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have a consultation for a doctor next wed for lower eyelid just to see whats it all about. Im not making a decision just yet but he is an Oculoplastic surgeon and does the procedure in the office. The estimation is $2500-3000 .
I will keep everyone posted
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I had an upper and lower and they threw in the CO2 Laser over the whole face for 5000.00. Worth EVERY penny and I would do it again (w/o the laser) no hesitation. There was no topical or LED substitution for me that could get he same results.
My surgeon had come highly recommended and I love him!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
You have to be careful that you don't end up with eye hollows, which are just as ageing. The old fashioned way was removing all the fat, while newer techniques leave some fat in and reposition it. I learned that the hard way. I'd look for an oculoplastic surgeon -- someone who specializes in eyelids.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
My main concern is eye bags and is reading alot so when i have my consulation i ask ALOT of questioins. I read that its best to get transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Tasha,
Aren't you in your mid-20s, if I recall? I wouldn't get surgery if I was so young! Isn't there something else you can do?

I had puffy undereyes for so long, and really the one thing that has made sooo much difference is diet. I eat a ton of pineapple now. My eyes aren't puffy anymore unless I lapse on some of the other precautions I take--like elevating my head and not drinking water before I sleep. Of course not eating super salty foods at night works well, too.

Good luck, don't take such drastic measures just yet!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Some families, like my DH, just have the genetic disposition for under-eye bags. Not only does he, his mom, sis, uncle and grandfather have them, they also have the dreaded turkey waddle. He has had them since he was youg. He is going to have them removed but let me go first, sweet thing! His mom had them removed (along with that waddle)at 35.
Genetics!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:48 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Tasha,
Aren't you in your mid-20s, if I recall? I wouldn't get surgery if I was so young! Isn't there something else you can do?

I had puffy undereyes for so long, and really the one thing that has made sooo much difference is diet. I eat a ton of pineapple now. My eyes aren't puffy anymore unless I lapse on some of the other precautions I take--like elevating my head and not drinking water before I sleep. Of course not eating super salty foods at night works well, too.

Good luck, don't take such drastic measures just yet!

--avalange

Thanks!! Yes I'm in my mid 20s and even though copper peptide and AALS are helping in some ways, I do want to get it done asap. The plastic surgeon who did my fillers for my cheeks told me the same thing "Your TOO young".. Lol
when you say pineapples do u mean fresh fruit or the ones in the can?
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:50 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Some families, like my DH, just have the genetic disposition for under-eye bags. Not only does he, his mom, sis, uncle and grandfather have them, they also have the dreaded turkey waddle. He has had them since he was youg. He is going to have them removed but let me go first, sweet thing! His mom had them removed (along with that waddle)at 35.
Genetics!

Yes, mines are genetic too..
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
i sympathize with you tasha as my eyebags appeared at 31 so still very young for something which is normally associated with older people. when bags come at an early age, it is genetic as other members have said. ive found it very embarrassing and intend to get a lower bleph as soon as i can afford it. when bags are caused by fat under the skin (rather than water retention) there is nothing that can be done other than surgery that im aware of. im surprised your plastic surgeon said you were too young for surgery. Maybe he felt your under eye area is not bad enough to warrant surgery Smile . loads of luck with what ever you decide to do.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I have my consultation next wed Smile
mrvincent1959

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Tasha how did your consultation go?

If you have undereye bags caused by fat and they are really bad then I highly recommend a Lower Bleph surgery. Those topical products will do nothing to help.

The key is finding a good surgeon. I had mine done 15 years ago in Beverly Hills and he used a laser to make an opening along the lid and then used the laser to zap the fat.

Its permanent and works wonders.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Tasha-
How did your appt. go? You sounded as if you were armed with the right info going in to this!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |