Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Moisturizer is bad at night?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all!

I was just reading product info and this is what I came across:
"moisturisers, should not be used at night time as the skin uses this period to excrete toxins absorbed during the day - so any products that interfere with these natural processes should be avoided."

If this is the case , what SHOULD we use at night?

Aga
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't use a moisturizer at night for a while. I would cleanse my skin before I went to bed and then spritz on toner -- that's it!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I believe Dr. H's products suggest this. I just can't go without a moisturizer at night. I would like to hear more from people who have got great results from going this route.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I personally have gotten great results by following the entire Dr. H protocol. My skin cleared up and redness dramatically lessened. Of course I can't be happy with this and now I'm trying out a very light moisturizer at night!! Go figure.

I also want to add that I have very oily skin so skipping moisturizer at night was really no big deal to me!
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to figure this one out still. My skin seems to be getting drier the more I moisturize. I don't know if it needs a break or not. Maybe night would be a good time for a break. When I was a around 18. I got to the point of putting moisturizer on constantly, and the more I moisturized, the more I needed to. It got to the point of being rediculous. Finally, I went to a derm and they said I needed to stop and let my skin re balance and start producing oil again. I did, and my skin shrivelled up and looked like lizzard skinI couldn't leave the house, it was serious Embarassed Anyway, it eventuall all peeled right off and after a while my skin recovered. This seems to be happening again to me, though not as bad. I am trying to figure out whether I need to exfoliate more, or take a break from moisturing. The question is do I go cold turkey, or stop moisturizing at night. I really think that there is something to this. I will try to go without at night, and will update you all on whether this brings about some recovery of my skin. If it works then, maybe dr. haushka is right Wink
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your responses! Smile

So are firming creams and other "night" products ok, and just dont do a regular mositurizer?

Aga
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think I always moisturized too much also. Nowadays I let my skin tell me when I actually need it. During the daytime my sunscreen is plenty enough. My skin is looking better than it has in years, but it could be that I just have the right routine for now. I'm 44 with combination skin. I still use something around my eyes am/pm.

Try taking a break from the moisturizers for a couple of days and see how it goes. You can always go back to them if you feel the need.

-Cheri
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is combination. I use a night cream a couple times a week or when my skin is feeling a bit tight.

I ALWAYS use an eyecream at night.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:
Hello all!

I was just reading product info and this is what I came across:
"moisturisers, should not be used at night time as the skin uses this period to excrete toxins absorbed during the day - so any products that interfere with these natural processes should be avoided."

If this is the case , what SHOULD we use at night?

Aga

I don't know about that, but I use Decleor Ylang Ylang Baume, which is a purifying treatment, so does that mean that I am helping my skin along? This keeps me from drying out, so I am hoping that I am covered on both the purifying and moisturizing bases Pray

Tina
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Like Lianne, I *always* use an eye cream at night. However, when I'm using the DR H Rhythmic Night Conditioner I don't use any moisturisers at night (as per instructions). Believe it or not my face is quite fine with that - I've got normal to combo skin (depending on season).

In the end I think you just need to figure out what your skin reacts well to and stick with that (easier said than done - I change products even if I find that they work really well for me, go figure! Smile).
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
"
Try taking a break from the moisturizers for a couple of days and see how it goes. You can always go back to them if you feel the need.
Quote:
"

I have stopped for now with the moisturizer at night, and in the day just a smidge. I cannot go cold turkey yet ( lizzard skin is not attractive) Also I started cleaning my face with coconut oil,( no water) This makes it more tolerable to go without moisturizer. My skin is really dry, but I am hoping It will recover somewhat. Then I can start using moisturizer in moderation again, not gung ho and over the top like before Laughing [/quote]
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I believe Dr. H's products suggest this. I just can't go without a moisturizer at night. I would like to hear more from people who have got great results from going this route.

Actually, what comes to mind here is the texture of Dr H cleansing lotions and creams. Both the lotion and the cream leave your face a bit moisturised which may explain why Dr H can say that you shouldn't use anything else. I don't think this would apply to *any* skincare regime. E.g. if I use my Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser (which I really like) there's *no* way that I'm going without moisturiser afterwards. Whereas after the Dr H cleansing cream it's not such a big problem.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |