Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Perlane? Has anyone had it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:24 am      Reply with quote
It appears to be very similiar to Juvaderm Voluma. I believe its abit thicker.

I went to a new injector yesterday for my Botox, this is a very highly thought of clinic with a wonderful reputation.

anyway had my Botox done, ease peasy! It will be interesting to see how I go as he injected me quite differently? I only have my 11's done, but have quite a strong muscle so usually have about 25-27 units, he only did 20!! Said it was unusual to put any more into just the 11"s on a lady?

He appears to be quite confident that he can fix my 'tear troughs'that aren't really classic TT's.

The thing is he perfers to use Perlane (he uses this on him self for the same issue I have?) He will use the Juvaderm Voluma if I perfer but says he gets great results with Perlane.

I am not sure what to do, I have had the JV before, wasn't particularly excited at the results ( I had it in my cheeks)

I have been reading though that Perlane can be lumpy? he seemed very confident and says the technique he uses goes right to sit on the bone? so deep, and holds the needle straight and sort of deposits the perlane as he draws out?? so your going from down deep to up? if you know what I mean, he doesnt go along at an angle.

has anyone used perlane, any thoughts would be appreciated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've not had it myself, was thinking about this or another filler.

RealSelf does have some info on Perlane:
http://www.realself.com/site/search?q=perlane
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 am      Reply with quote
I tried Resty a few times and switched to Perlane. I much preferred it -- better results on the nasolabials. I had no issues with it, but once with the Resty the stuff migrated to my jaw. (I was told this could not happen, but it seemed to be absorbed almost immediately and then I had lumps on my jawbone. Not a coincidence.)

I have since moved on to Sculptra, but would use Perlane again if I decide to return to regular fillers. Unless, of course, I'm tempted by whatever new new filler comes along.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
I tried Resty a few times and switched to Perlane. I much preferred it -- better results on the nasolabials. I had no issues with it, but once with the Resty the stuff migrated to my jaw. (I was told this could not happen, but it seemed to be absorbed almost immediately and then I had lumps on my jawbone. Not a coincidence.)

I have since moved on to Sculptra, but would use Perlane again if I decide to return to regular fillers. Unless, of course, I'm tempted by whatever new new filler comes along.

I'm thinking of getting Perlane injections for the lips Hermosa but cant decide on if it's worth the extra money. What is your opinion besides from the migrating side affect?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Starbright
5% products discount

Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Haven't been in for a while due to family issues, but I have just started with fillers. I decided to have sculptra for cheek area and the clinician suggested perlane for NL's.

My one NL was extremely deep to the extent that it folded over, whereas the other one was none existant. The Perlane has worked brilliantly. It is injected quite deeply and I had a full vial in the one side. The line is almost gone and I am returning next week for my next Sculptra and some more fillers to finish off the NL and correct a few lip lines.

I found that no amount of topicals rectified the asymetry, so fillers were the only option. I also had a TCA medium peel a couple of weeks ago, so full works for me............ Very Happy
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I got perlane in my lips a few weeks ago and really love it. My PS gave it to me free though and I'm going to get a second round touch up in another couple weeks, wanted to do it in 2 steps so I would get it just right.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Does Perlane build up over time like Restylane does? It would be more cost effective.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think all filler promotes some scar tissue so that's a little buildup but I don't know really.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
So it looks pretty positive for perlane? I still haven't done it yet, but definitely will within the next month.

I am getting it in my TT, even though its not really the classic TT problem, more a line through the middle of my cheek? I think its called the malar? It's very annoying!
Is it painful? I have had Juvaderm Ultra before but she also used a numbing cream, this new guy says he uses nothing! Shock I think that's what's putting me off.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
My Doc used a numbing cream and so I can't say if it is painful without.
I have now had my second treatment and had two more vials of Sculptra in cheeks and a little in my jawline. I have to say that I am now really noticing the difference in my cheeks. They have filled out a little and there is definately a lifting effect.

On this visit, I had Emerval in my lips and lip lines and I really like the outcome. I was worried about having anything done to the lips as I didn't want the pouty fish look. I have to say that the clinic I go to is amazing and the doc seems to really know his stuff. Even my partner has said the difference is noticable and he didn't notice when I dyed my hair red one Christmas....Smile

I have about a 3 hour drive to the clinic, but wouldn't go anywhere else now.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I go on Thursday to get the Perlane or Juvaderm Ultra, not sure which to go for yet!

I am a little nervous.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Well, went for the Perlane, had 2 syringes (1ml in each) evenly distributed between TT (more indentations across cheeks than classic TT's) and my marionette lines.

Its been 3 days and I am satisfied with the results. The TT area looks so much better, and I think if I had had a touch more it would have been even better because it looks like the apples of my cheeks are a tiny bit better? Hard to explain, my marionette lines a little diminished, this is my worst area so I wasn't expecting miracles but I am happy with it. I had no numbing cream, and it was fine, no problem. I am bruised on one cheek, just like someone drew a faint purple line on my cheek...lol, but no biggie.
No lumps, it all seems to have gone very well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I've had Resty, Perlane and Juve Ultra and my preference is the Juvederm. Not that the Resty and Perlane didn't perform well but when it comes down to lasting effect, Resty and Perlane do not last nearly as long as Juvederm Ultra. I can usually squeeze out a year or more with Juvederm but 6 months tops with the other 2 if I'm lucky.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |