Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermalogica V's MD Formulations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Melbourne
5% products discount

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hello to all you Beauty Chicks out there...I just have a question for you all....Which is better, Dermalogica or MD Formulations...?
I'm just a little confused as to which products work best, and ideally give you the results you desire...being a glowing, blemish free skin! I would say that my skin type would be normal / oily, with the occassional breakouts, normally around the jawline/neck and on the cheekbone areas and the occassional scarring (from picking).. I have treid Dermalogica before and it worked great, but I ran out of products and coming from Australia, it's quite expensive down here, so I couldn't afford it (at the time) to re-stock. But now that I've found this website...I'm never buying it from here again!!
I haven't as yet tried the MD Formulation range, and was woundering which of the two is better..and I would benefit most from in the longrun...I just want to have clean skin, blemish free and a noticeable reduction in scarring.....HELP!!!!!!!!!! (ha-ha)
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm with you! I'm from Aus and lots of stuff has a *huge* markup here. Dermalogica isn't bad but the MDF prices are a joke in Australia!

Comparing two skincare lines is not something that can be done really. Both Dermalogica and MDF have some very nice products for various skin types and problems.

I think you and I have similar skin types - mine's normal to combo and occasional problems with pimples around the hair-line. I've tried both Dermalogica and MDF products and both have worked well. Dermalogica Microfoliant is something that I would never be without. The Dermal Clay Cleanser is also nice (love the minty feeling) and it works well to get rid of any oils. Medicated Clearing Complex is also very good for breakouts. In terms of MDF, the cleanser worked well for me (although I prefer the Physician's Choice cleanser now) as have the Clearing Masque, Clearing Complex and Antioxidant Serum.
HTH
Melbourne
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,
Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated!! I'm definently going to buy the Dermalogica Micro Exfoliant. It seems to be very popular within this forum. I've read nothing but great reveiws. I have used the Dermal Clay Cleanser once before. I spent like over $300(AUD) on Dermalogica products, which would have only been about 3 items, and being my first time, I felt like my skin was not reacting very well. It really dried me out and my skin felt really tight straight after cleansing, and for someone that has moderately oily skin, it felt very wierd. I continuted to use it for a few weeks after that.....stopped, swapped to Clinique (which is what I was originally using for years prior to) and then ran out of Clinique, couldn't afford to purchase any other products, so I thought I may aswell finish off the Dermalogica, and it was actually better the second time around. After a few months, I noticed an improvement in my skin, and continued to use it, till I ran out again. Now I'm just pretty much using things here and there, and honestly my skin is looking better that it ever has....apart from the odd breakouts and redness (broken capillaries) on the cheeks. But I do want to go back and use a product that's going to benefit me more in the longrun, that just for now..! Hence my question about which product, as I don't want to go spending all that money on something that won't work...! I've done it too many times before and that's why now I've being using products like Garnier, Nuetrogena, Olay.(purchased from Coles)! haha I figure I;m not spending much and if they don't work, well it's ok, and if they do, well it's a bonus as it didn't cost me much..! But I will purchase my products from EDS from now on.! I take it you've bought products from here..?
Anyway, nice to know your from Aus!! Take Care.
caserina69
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yay another Aussie!
I am not sure which is better between Dermalogica and MDF. However, when I tried Dermalogica for the first time my skin felt like crap. It was dry and flakey and it broke out too. I went back to using Lush Skincare, but when Mum suggested it could be Lush causing it I went back to Dermalogica. It was so much the second time around! My skin cleared up, and I only got a couple of pimples which healed up within a couple if days. They were also noticeably smaller. My skin has a tendency to get really big sore ones, but while using dermalogica they were tiny. I have been using the Anti Bac Wash, Microfoliant and Active Moist. Am now currently waiting on another supply from EDS. Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Melbourne,

I have normal to combo skin and I find that while I love the feeling of the Dermal Clay cleanser, this is not something that I can use on a regular basis twice a day - it would just dry me out. I *love* the Microfoliant - it's my favorite Dermalogica product

Once you settle on a routine I would also suggest you consider adding a vitamin C serum. In fact, if you are going to order from EDS then ask them for a sample of one of the 10% serums (probably the Skinceuticals one for your skin or the Cellex-C) and see how you go with that. Needless to say, sunblock is really important given how much sun we get here in Aus.

ETA: Sorry, forgot to add. Yes, have shopped here many *many* times before. More times than I care to admit to Embarassed Laughing
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm an Aussie too.... I'm in Adelaide! At least you lot have a Mecca Cosmetica in your cities... I believe Brissie is getting one very soon. We always miss out, I do an awful lot of mail order/internet cosmetic buying.
Melbourne.. I love Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel ( got Dermal Clay too and like that a lot as well but do find it more drying) and my oily/combo skin seems comfortably happy with that. Active Moist is another big favourite of mine ....and Gentle Cream Exfoliant works extremely well for me. I get smoother looking skin for about 2 days, which isnt bad for a 15 minute masque commitment!

Mabsy...if you read this, I was doing a search recently on Jurlique and it was YOU that invisibly twisted my arm and cause me to run out and buy Rose Silk Dust and Herbal Recovery Gel. LOVE them both, so thank you!
Mabsy

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
muzzie wrote:
Mabsy...if you read this, I was doing a search recently on Jurlique and it was YOU that invisibly twisted my arm and cause me to run out and buy Rose Silk Dust and Herbal Recovery Gel. LOVE them both, so thank you!

I'm really glad you like them! Very Happy I used my Rose Silk Dust yesterday after ignoring it for many weeks (on account of using the Jane Iredale pressed base ) and it made me remember how good it really is (and how lovely it smells!). Have you tried the rose water face spray? That's very nice as well!

I believe we have a Mecca opening up here in a few months. Not that I plan on buying much (I shop mainly on the net) but at least I can go and have a look at what I like and what I don't like instead of buying "blind" Embarassed
I think Adelaide and Brisbane might be in a very similar situation when it comes to stocking hard to find brands - in Brisbane you can't even get Giorgio Armani makeup!
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,
Yeah, no Armani here either! Not even SKII. I was interested in having a look at that range too. I scoured DJ's the other day but no. Even Napoleon, which has only just arrived in DJ's in the city only has some of the range. I went to Melbourne last year and went beserk in Mecca Cosmetica and even their DJ's and Myer are 10 times better stocked... things like Eve Lom or even Origins are not available here.Grr. We are just lucky there are nice online stores to fill our wants!

I got a little bottle of the Rosewater Freshener in the GWP that I got by buying those two items the other day and I am sure it is going to become a big bottle before long! It also had a small facewash cream, a small rose hand cream and a sample of Herbal recovery gel in a little navy makeup bag. I can see the Facewash cream growing too!
( which I nearly bought as a result of reading your reviews anyway, so this has really clinched the deal)

[/img]
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
MD Formulations is pretty good - but doesn't make you go WOW like Dermalogica products. If I had to choose between the two, I would pick Dermalogica!
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I found Md Formulations cleanser with glycolic acid to be more effective than Dermalogica (special cleansing and essential cleansing solution). The dermalogica just felt and gave me the results of a basic cleanser (not much noticeble diff.). I found the md formulations has cleared spots and made my skin really soft probably due to the glycolic acid in it Smile but to each their own, it works differently for everyone. My advice woulkd be to get samples and try both or buy travel sizes (which i did- really cheap) and try them both out.
Mabsy

Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Muzzie - sounds like you got yourself a pretty good Jurlique GWP deal! I also really like the cleansing cream - almost the same as the Dr H Cleansing Cream but it has bigger "chunks" of natural stuff in it Smile

Ps. No SKII, Origins, Eve Lom here either Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |