Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Please help confused about vit c and retin a application
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I have been going through all the old posts and am getting more confused I know to apply the vit c in the morning but some posts say to follow this with a hyaluronic acid gel ???(what is this) can I just use a normal moisturiser and then sunscreen?
Do the moisturisers and sunscreens I use have to be "special ones" i.e have certain ingrediants in them I am on a budget and was planning to just use simple moisturiser such as nivea and a basic spf 30 do I need to invest more in order to get better results.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Not to confuse you any further but.....its now believed to apply vitamin C (LAA) at night because LAA oxidizes quickly in sunlight. If you are using a different form of C, its OK to apply in the morning.

HA just helps with moisture but is not a moisturizer it self. There is no requirement to use with Vit C to make it more effective. Lots of companies sell HA serums, I like Garden of Wisdom because they have a large variety.

You would be fine to use what every moisturizer and SS work for your skin.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm gonna be using obagi pro vit c serum 10% I ordered Retin A in 0.25 and 0.5 with the retin a do I just wash my face then tone then apply the ret a do I need to use a night cream or is it o.k just on its own.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I apply both products at night time but buffer them with Vitamin E oil. This really is a very beneficial combination of actives for the skin. I have very strong skin and still prefer to apply a hydrating serum prior (with hyalauronic acid in it) the reason for doing this is both these actives are very drying to the skin and can detract allot of water, hydrating products help replace water.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
flick24 wrote:
I'm gonna be using obagi pro vit c serum 10% I ordered Retin A in 0.25 and 0.5 with the retin a do I just wash my face then tone then apply the ret a do I need to use a night cream or is it o.k just on its own.

This will depend on your skin. If you feel your skin is drying out, then it's best to put a moisturizer on.

As for vit c application, or any application for that matter, with Retin-A, you can put it on AFTER you've applied Retin-A on for at least 30 minutes. Just never apply Retin-A on in the morning.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:07 am      Reply with quote
flick24 wrote:
with the retin a do I just wash my face then tone then apply the ret a do I need to use a night cream or is it o.k just on its own.

You can use moisturizer before retin-a to buffer it or wait about an hour after retin-a to apply moisturizer if you want to.
kaloee
5% products discount

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Not to confuse you any further but.....its now believed to apply vitamin C (LAA) at night because LAA oxidizes quickly in sunlight. If you are using a different form of C, its OK to apply in the morning.

HA just helps with moisture but is not a moisturizer it self. There is no requirement to use with Vit C to make it more effective. Lots of companies sell HA serums, I like Garden of Wisdom because they have a large variety.

You would be fine to use what every moisturizer and SS work for your skin.

I agree with this. Dr. Neal Schultz recommended using antioxidants at night for better penetration into the skin because antioxidants oxides in sunlight, but he also said it’s okay to use antioxidants during the day to fight free radicals from UV rays and apply Sunscreen on top. You can use whatever moisturizer and SS on top of the Vitamin C. For me, I apply my antioxidant serum, BHA/AHA gel, and then my Sofina Perfect UV White Protect sunscreen for my face and BurnOut KIDS sunscreen for the areas around my eyes and between my nose and lips.

Sometimes if the sunscreen is moisturizing enough, you may not need to apply a moisturizer underneath the SS.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info I've read loads about rosehip oil so I might try that first then a spf30 with zinc bit worried about makeup though, read somewhere that makeup can affect how different sunscreens work like not using mineral makeup with chemical sunscreen or something like that not that I use mineral makeup, but all these different chemicals that are in products I don't really know important it is to worry about them
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |