Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I REALLY NEED HELP!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Dark_boi07

Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am a 15 year old african american male. I am very dark skinned and I want to be a brown skinned complextion. I don't have that much money. Will someone please tell me what to do?? I am using a skin whitening cream. I have been using it for about two or three days now. This is my first time ever using a skin whitener and its not working fast enough. It was only $6.00 and I dont think it will ever work. Should I give it some time or should I find something else????? Please give me some advice.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Are you aiming for that attractive Michael Jackson look? That's what you get with skin lightening creams. If you really hate your skin colour so much, and I can't for the life of me see why you would, the only thing that will lighten your colour is to wear a high factor sunblock. This will give you the skin colour you were born with. Using skin bleaches will damage your skin and you will end up looking hideous!
Learn to love your skin colour...it is part of who you are Smile

you may find this helpful...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3524&highlight=skin+bleaching

Liz
Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
If you are serious about lightening your skin I'd suggest visiting a dermatologist. We get many posts about people who have used lightening products and resulted in pigmentation problems. Please be careful using them...and be patient. The slower you go, probably the less likelihood of damage.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with lianne on this one....
good luck!
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:16 am      Reply with quote
You won't be able to lighten your skin color to a shade that is lighter than what you were born with. The safest way (but probably slowest) is to use a high SPF sunblock and also exfoliate. There are many whitening products out there though. I know that Decleor has a whitening range but I'm not sure how effective it is.
healthywhite
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
hi there,
Believe it or not, skin lightening takes a relatively longtime for African-American people than other communities...and you're only 15-your whole body is going through a growth phase now and optin' for drastic measures can be ridiculous!!

If your complexion is black/dark brown, it's possible to proceed to light brown or wheatish using OTC skin lightening creams/lotions but forget emulating MJ.

Face: LotusHerbals(www.lotusherbals.com) has skin whitening clay face mask(with licorice and bearberry) that followed with Green tea/licorice fairness gel has helped me go from fair to very fair complexion. Both these pdts cost only $3 each and you have nothing to lose! Papaya soaps($3 on ebay), LO'real Deep whitening masks($10-15) are also good deals for their work done in exfoliating/lightening.

Body lightening is always goin' to be difficult for obvious reasons. Some of my filipino pals say Body Recipe Calamansi scrub and powder($3 each)are popular there for the same. You can ask most filipino sellers on ebay to list these items for nominal charges.

More importantly, you need to continually regulate the production of melanin internally to sustain lightening. This fact is lifted outa' PubMed database: " In the presence of Glutathione,enzymatic conversion to eumelanin(black tone)is suppressed to a considerable extent." So start boosting your intra-cellular glutathione levels not by costly L-glutathione pills sold on the net by rip-offs(which DON'T work coz' of poor bio-absorption) but by taking N-acetyl cysteine(NAC) caps coupled with alpha lipoic acid(ALA) and a must vitamin-C(500-1000mg a day).

NAC and ALA are precursors of L-glut inside the body and the potent anti-oxidant vit-c prevents these two substances from losing its activity. These are very potent dietary supplements sold on every nutrition related website at moderate prices and good for physical fitness/workouts as well.(Don't ya' wanna be in good shape for your prom?? Smile Smile )

This is enough info. for now and do a google search for the mentioned pdts if necessary.
Let there be light in your life!!

HW
Dark_boi07

Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Thanx for all of your advice. healthywhite you gave me some really good tips and I plan on using them. And gaupagirl your right i do need to love my skin but I just want a lighter color. I will visit a dermatologist to make sure I dont end up with worst skin than I have now. I am currently using SPF 15 sunblock but I never thought about using a higher sunblock. All of your advice I find very useful, and I hope to hear more. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |