Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial Exercises For Youth!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SummerSone
5% products discount

Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of any good facial exercises for the whole face?

Free would be great, but I don’t mind paying of its good.

Suggestions?
havana8

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi SummerSone, Here is a link to some of the more popular facial exercise programs on the forum:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=474344#474344

HTHs! Smile
Tony1
5% products discount

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
SummerSone wrote:
Does anyone know of any good facial exercises for the whole face?

Free would be great, but I don’t mind paying of its good.

Suggestions?

Hi SummerS

I’ve only tried a few programs but have to say FlexEffect has my vote. BTW they also have an online workshop staffed with trainers that do a great job of helping you with your training, an aspect I find extremely helpful. Most will agree it’s an excellent program. HTH Very Happy
agathatefora

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
The link havana8 provided is a great resource.

But I think still the best facial exercise there is (not to mention the easiest) is - SMILING AND LAUGHING.

Laughing for one moves about 50 facial muscles. Plus the benefits that it has for your respiratory and circulatory system! Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
agathatefora wrote:

But I think still the best facial exercise there is (not to mention the easiest) is - SMILING AND LAUGHING.

Laughing for one moves about 50 facial muscles. Plus the benefits that it has for your respiratory and circulatory system! Laughing

RIGHT ON! Laughing Laughing Laughing
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I wish that was true for me, if all I had to do was laugh and smile, but I think that this too can cause problems (think laugh lines etc) but I'd much rather have them to worry over than sagging.

Whilst it moves 50 muscles, it doesn't tone or strengthen them. However on tv last night on a news cast I saw a thing about laughing yoga which looked quite odd at first but they were saying that it had many benefits such as calming the nervous system etc so I think that its definitely something in there.

agathatefora wrote:

LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I saw this thread title and thought it was from a crazy stage mom looking for facial exercises her young children could start on, lol!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Me too.
LoriA wrote:
I saw this thread title and thought it was from a crazy stage mom looking for facial exercises her young children could start on, lol!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I disagree that smiling and laughing doesnt tone muscles.
Whilst facial exercises may be better for toning as they are more concentrated, i stll think that any movement of muscles will tone to some extent.
I dont think its any coincidence that happy people who love to laugh and are positive usually look younger too.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Sorry thats my mistake. What I meant is that smiling isn't going to increase the muscle size in the same way facial exercises can/will. For most people (and I include myself in this) when you start out usually tone isn't the goal, but reversal of sag etc. That was my challenge when I hit my 50th birthday and I know for a fact that toning exercises didn't cut it at all.

I'm not sure all facial exercises would label themselves as toning, in fact it seems they're more keen to say otherwise, but if your youngish (below 30) then toning may be fine. Even in the pros often say they started out with toning exercises and they work, so there's something in it, but if your above 40, I'm sorry but I think you need all the help you can get and just toning isn't going to cut it in my experience.
jedder wrote:
I disagree that smiling and laughing doesnt tone muscles.
Whilst facial exercises may be better for toning as they are more concentrated, i stll think that any movement of muscles will tone to some extent.
I dont think its any coincidence that happy people who love to laugh and are positive usually look younger too.
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:48 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary - has facial exercises made a noticeable difference for you in terms of lifting or plumping? Or is it more of a preventative measure as in stop more sagging etc?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
It most certainly has made a huge difference over the years I've done them, and to be honest I wish I had done them sooner as I might have been able to avoid a lot of the issues i've had for sure.

I got into them because I had lost weight as had got quite chunky, was 50 years old and didn't recognise the woman look at me in the mirror. I had a friend who was the same age who had started doing them, and so that was the inspiration and I've kept them up for well over 10 years now. I do mix and match, but as you'll see on here a lot of us do that. I definitely know I've got lift in places that I never expected and my nl's went after doing the Flexeffect cross stretching, which is funny as they were never much of an issue for me but there you go.

jedder wrote:
TheresaMary - has facial exercises made a noticeable difference for you in terms of lifting or plumping? Or is it more of a preventative measure as in stop more sagging etc?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |