Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

nancis retinol or avenes eulage
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I know this may have already been discussed before but I cant find it! So I thought I would ask.
I havent added vit A to my routine before but would like to.
So which should I start with , Nancis 1% retinol or avenes eulage?
TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Avene Eluage uses retinaldehyde which is stronger than retinol because it is one step closer to retinoic acid (tretinoin in retin a).

But you might need to take into account the base depending on your skin. Avene Eluage is in an emollient base. Not too sure about Nanci's retinol.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:21 am      Reply with quote
circus
Thankyou for answering, I think I shall start slow and gentle with the retinol first. MAybe once a week to start off with and build up to every day. With this should I still exfoliate as well?
Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi 10Sylvia5 Smile I wouldn't recommend going off a retinoid for more than 2 days in a row. Using it just once a week will result in your skin not being able to adjust to it properly. I would suggest once in 3 days to start off.

You should cut back on all other acids/exfoliation. Your skin will tell you how much more exfoliation you will need. For the peeling/skin flakes you might get from the retinoid, I've read of others who've used the microfibre cloth for this. I personally like dry brushing.

See if this helps: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html

Good luck!
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Avene Eluage product and never had any results with it and was never all that fond of the packaging with the pesky snib you have to snip off the top of the bottle to get the product out.

I have however heard some great things about Nancis products and would love to try them however my current skincare budget wouldn't allow it. Some of the great girls on this forum have recommended her line to me due to there own experiences with it.

For this reason I'm going to recommend Nancis products because Avene Eluage never worked for me.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both of you,
I am really new to Vit A , the website is brilliant Exclamation I have learned a lot. I just need to be patient and wait for the order!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:08 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
I tried the Avene Eluage product and never had any results with it and was never all that fond of the packaging with the pesky snib you have to snip off the top of the bottle to get the product out.

I have however heard some great things about Nancis products and would love to try them however my current skincare budget wouldn't allow it. Some of the great girls on this forum have recommended her line to me due to there own experiences with it.

For this reason I'm going to recommend Nancis products because Avene Eluage never worked for me.

Oh the snib is not meant to be snipped off. The product dispenses through the snib. It actually helps make for a longer shelf life, since it prevents the product from being exposed to air/light.

Hmm... I actually experienced the initial peeling with Avene Eluage and can attest to it working. Although like I said, one would need to take into account the base. I would say it is more suited for sensitive or dry or mature skin types. Smile
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I recently placed my first order with Nancy... the thing about Nancy's products is they do exactly what they say they will. Sad world we live in that this almost never happens, but Nancy's products are the real deal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Ava
You are so right
My order from nanci has just arrived so I will start with the retinol tonight, what also came was the Dna renovage which I have just put on.
I do really love her products and her customer service is second to none Exclamation
Its thanks to all of you on EDS that I found out about Nanci
So my skin thanks all of you not so sure my cc does Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:40 am      Reply with quote
As far as i know, retinol works on topper layer of skin so that peeling and flaking can be noticed. Retinyldehyde is another form of vit A derivatives that(eg Avene Eluage or Ystheal )penetrates and works on deeper layer of skin and so it does not cause peeling on top layer skin. It is however not as effective as retinoric acid but isn't it good not to experience skin peeling? In fact the wrinkle reducing effect tkes months to appear. Avene Ystheal has cream and lotion choices and is for oily skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:41 am      Reply with quote
As far as i know, retinol works on topper layer of skin so that peeling and flaking can be noticed. Retinyldehyde is another form of vit A derivatives that(eg Avene Eluage or Ystheal )penetrates and works on deeper layer of skin and so it does not cause peeling on top layer skin. It is however not as effective as retinoric acid but isn't it good not to experience skin peeling? In fact the wrinkle reducing effect tkes months to appear. Avene Ystheal has cream and lotion choices and is for oily skin.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |