Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Need Makeover Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I feel ugh! Part of it is I am caring for my ailing parents and our farm and living at home. I am also looking for work. I live rent and board free and have some cash from unemployment. I took medical leave to care for my parents.

since I have been working on the farm I have toned up and lost a pants size without trying. I just went to a women's retreat and got a great new hair cut and a mani pedi today. I feel a bit better, but still feel ugh!

Does anyone have tips to improve my appearance?
I am interested in any suggestions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am      Reply with quote
You might like this book. Lots of great makeup ideas.

http://www.amazon.com/Makeup-Wakeup-Revitalizing-Your-Look/dp/0762439351/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314899404&sr=1-1
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Do you have specific concerns that you want to address?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
What is a women's retreat?
is that like a religious thing??

Well,I don't have any good appearance suggestions.
Maybe go out and have a few drinks and you might think you look better??

try a new perfume or of that is too expensive try a sample at the mall??

go out for a nice walk every day!
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa shopper,

Your suggestion is good. Go out everyday has a nice walk and you feel relax.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a picture so you can give me suggestions

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6202/6108284482_f582c79d87_m.jpg

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know what you used to take the photo -- phone camera? -- but there seems to be some lens distortion so I am discounting that.

That said, you look pretty darn good! The one aspect of your appearance that stood out to me as needing some work was your hair. Since you just got a "great new haircut" maybe the photo does not do it justice, but if your face is long (as it appears in the photo) then I think you would be better served by a shorter length that draws attention to your lovely eyes. If you want to keep your hair longer, maybe you can style it so that there is more volume higher up. Or experiment with hair accessories that achieve the same effect.

P.S. I looked at the amazon book recommended. I am always suspicious when amazon items are highly rated by people who have never rated anything else on amazon, which is the case with the majority of the reviewers of this book.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I'd kind of like to see your eyes more without distraction of your hair so close around them. I love the contrast between dark brown hair & blue eyes, so I'd highlight them. Yours are striking.

It might be fun to play with makeup a bit. I wrote out some suggestions but deleted since you seem to have such great natural colouring! Love that colouring! I'd just amplify a bit or play around with nude lips if you feel the need.

If you're feeling blah, brightening up the eye hood area & underneath with some lighter or matte shades might perk you up. Clearing the hair would automatically brighten as well. I don't think its needed, but it makes me feel better when I do it. That said highlighting with dark browns would also look beautiful with your rosy glow. Changing up the brow slightly might also be an option.

I don't think any of this is necessary though - I'm only saying because you wanted suggestions. Looking at your pic, you look so gorgeous & healthy and against the farm background, it makes me think of all the fresh air... I'm envious!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:45 am      Reply with quote
You look absolutely lovely to me. However, we all get in a rut and have periods when we can't stand the sight of ourselves. When I'm in that mood I usually do some at home pampering - masks, gadgets etc and then I buy some new makeup and some new item of clothing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:08 am      Reply with quote
You look gorgeous and also look much younger than what you probably are as well.

Having said that even perfection can be improved upon (a motto of mine) and there are a few areas you could address using different methods. However first and foremost you need to feel good about yourself as it will allow for the biggest change.

You could have highlights put in for your hair, a combination of both high and low tones will take care of your hair giving you a fresh appearance.

Experiment with makeup. It can work wonders emphasizing your already very pretty eyes and lips.

Start using a good skincare line which will improve the texture of your skin and give it a nice glow.

Most importantly though, invest in a good micro-current system. Your main concern would probably be laxity which looks as if it's caused due to the muscles under the skin rather than the skin itself. Using a micro-current system will help improve the upper eye area, nosiable folds, and define cheeks. I personally love the Face Master as it has really helped to sculpt my face.

I am not sure about your dress sense but will also add that when addressing this area never underestimate the power of tight clothing.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
You look gorgeous and also look much younger than what you probably are as well.

Having said that even perfection can be improved upon (a motto of mine) and there are a few areas you could address using different methods. However first and foremost you need to feel good about yourself as it will allow for the biggest change.

You could have highlights put in for your hair, a combination of both high and low tones will take care of your hair giving you a fresh appearance.

Experiment with makeup. It can work wonders emphasizing your already very pretty eyes and lips.

Start using a good skincare line which will improve the texture of your skin and give it a nice glow.

Most importantly though, invest in a good micro-current system. Your main concern would probably be laxity which looks as if it's caused due to the muscles under the skin rather than the skin itself. Using a micro-current system will help improve the upper eye area, nosiable folds, and define cheeks. I personally love the Face Master as it has really helped to sculpt my face.

I am not sure about your dress sense but will also add that when addressing this area never underestimate the power of tight clothing.

Tight clothing??
That is funny and made my laugh!
I guess it is good of you want that kind of attention and are looking to pick up guys??
or just getting looks from guys at the grocery store (actually the grocery store seems to have a lot of friendly single guys...really Wink

One thing I like to do though is wear different perfumes, just to smell nice.
or else maybe have a nice scented candle by your bedside- like in a tin or something that way you do not have to watch it as well.
-doesn't have to be anything expensive, could be Glade candles or a all natural candle..depends on the budget.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
echoecho wrote:

Tight clothing??
That is funny and made my laugh!
I guess it is good of you want that kind of attention and are looking to pick up guys??
or just getting looks from guys at the grocery store (actually the grocery store seems to have a lot of friendly single guys...really Wink

One thing I like to do though is wear different perfumes, just to smell nice.
or else maybe have a nice scented candle by your bedside- like in a tin or something that way you do not have to watch it as well.
-doesn't have to be anything expensive, could be Glade candles or a all natural candle..depends on the budget.

I love tight clothing Razz I have really found looking good also includes fashion. Being checked out and the attention that comes with it is always very good for self esteem. I love the attention and pretend not to notice it Laughing

I also completely agree on the candle next to your bed. Also warm bubble baths are great with some incense and a candle going.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:50 am      Reply with quote
The only way a candle would be of any help to me would be if I lit one in a church and asked for Divine intervention! Laughing

I do think that form fitting clothing makes me feel less frumpy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The only way a candle would be of any help to me would be if I lit one in a church and asked for Divine intervention! Laughing

That's funny, i like it Razz

I forgot to mention earlier that some schools have short courses based on makeup application (duration one or two days) taking a course will give you great insight into how makeup will best benefit you, what your ideal colors are, and so on without being subjected to any overly pushy cosmetic reps.

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I do think that form fitting clothing makes me feel less frumpy.

I actually have nothing against form fitting clothing. I don't wear low cut tops though- they look really bad on me I think- you can see the veins on my chest area too much and I do not like that.
Also don't wear sleeveless things, they also look bad on me (had survery on my arm a few times and think that looks bad).
Usually wear sleveless things w something sheer underneath and that looks nicer on me.

I actually do get a lot of comments on my appearance- to the point it can be annoying sometimes (I think in a month I had at least 100+ people comment on my nails after I put some Jamberry nail patterns on them...),
that's on top of random people commenting on other things.
-not saying that it is not flattering, but just kind of annoying?, well also flattering at the same time.

(like how many times do you want to hear "omg...your nails are so cute, who did your nails..." like when doing groceries,at the mall, whatever,gym).

Even small things are nice for beauty changes.
I have maybe 30 nail polishes and have fun changing my nail styles. or just a new lip glass/balm is nice too...doesn't have to be expensive either- there are some nice cheap items at the drugstore- even natural ones too!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
You look quite lovely in that photo as is. However, as you're asking for suggestions, to my non-professional and completely subjective eye, your most enviable features seem to be eyes, cheekbones, lovely lips/mouth, and brow shape.

That's pretty much all of your face, lucky girl, so difficult to suggest one feature to play up .. other than to go with the old standby make-up rule of strong lips and muted eyes, or strong eyes and muted lips. Although you have such great eyes and lips and a kind of classic/classy look, you are probably one of the few who can get away with strong make-up colours on both eyes and lips, and not look overdone.

You mentioned you just got a haircut... but I'd like to see you how you'd look with a shorter blunt cut bob, cut somewhere around the jaw bone level (at the angle part where it curves inwards). Of course, that's just what I'd like, not necessarily what you'd prefer Wink
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |