Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Aspirin toner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any experience/stories with an aspirin toner? Does it help with redness and inflammation? Have you noticed any other improvements?
61Apples
5% products discount

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, don't have a response but I've just popped into the forum to search on this topic so will be interested to see if we get anyone posting about using aspirin topically to reduce redness.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:05 am      Reply with quote
salicylic acid is the metabolite of aspirin, and salicylic acid reduces inflammation on your skin and is used to make pores look smaller, it's the chief ingredient in pore toners. Hope that helps

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:
salicylic acid is the metabolite of aspirin, and salicylic acid reduces inflammation on your skin and is used to make pores look smaller, it's the chief ingredient in pore toners. Hope that helps

I know that's what it does and I know what salicylic acid is, but I wanted to hear some testimonials from our members on whether those claims are true or not
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this a few times, it wasn't as magical for me as it was for everyone else it seems. Here's a link to one of the threads that has a few experiences, but for me, I'll skip it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25581

Skin felt a little dry, nothing special. I really was excited for the anti-inflamatory benefits... I was let down. It was very underwhelming. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Ive tried adding aspirins to my toners in the past because of its anti-inflammatory properties but never really had any results with it which could of been due to the small percentage I added, I was originally worried that it might be to much. How many asprins would be recommended to add too 100ml toner?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:19 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Ive tried adding aspirins to my toners in the past because of its anti-inflammatory properties but never really had any results with it which could of been due to the small percentage I added, I was originally worried that it might be to much. How many asprins would be recommended to add too 100ml toner?

I don't think much is needed because aspirin only has a solubility of 3mg/mL (according to Wikipedia). That equates to 300mg/100mL which is about 3 tabs or so. Any more and you'll be getting lumps and clumps on your skin.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for that, it's about what I was adding. Musnt have worked very well for me because it didnt do much though.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I did the aspirin mask when it was popular on Makeup alley a few years ago. I dissolved the aspirin in hot water and then added honey and or plain yogurt. I did not really see great results. It was exfoliating (chucks of aspirin).

I only did one batch of aspirin toner. I felt it was too much for my face, but good for after shaving bikini line etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat as you, it never seemed to do much for me, I'm very much one of those people that if it works for me I'll keep doing but then we all are really.

I prefer to just use a lightly exfoliating toner at night with extracts of sugar cane and other AHA based extracts. I feel instead of doing one big peel you get better results when using a slightly peeling product consistently.

simpleton2

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
New here..first post.
I can't be without a good exfoliation at least twice a week with the aspirin/aloe/honey scrub. It takes 90% of the redness out of my face and makes it feel really, really "cool" (literally). I'm sure the aloe helps that also, but it works for me without the aloe also.
I look forward to it. My skin is combo, pale and I have a red t-zone...I hate my red cheeks but "for me" the aspirin makes a huge difference to calm my face down.

I'm not sure about toning though. the homemade tend skin didn't seem to do much.
HTH
Simpleton
ava10
5% products discount

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the home made Tend Skin (aspirin dissolved in alcohol & witch hazel) and it works as well as the real Tend Skin for me. It prevented new razor bumps and got rid of existing bumps. I was very happy with it. However, it does dry out the skin so I make sure to moisturize after about 15 minutes. I would not use it on my face for this reason, except in very small areas (like after tweezing brows).

I've also used the aspirin mask, either with yogurt or honey. I don't notice any immediate benefits from that, except smoother skin b/c of the manual exfoliation. I no longer use this on a regular basis.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |