Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sagging jaw line - help?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Toby/Rileygirl.
I learnt various exercises from my mentor who had come up with her own, I would say they are most similar to 'Facercise' by Carole Maggio though. As to microcurrent devices (slendertone for the face!) they can and are helpful but you do need a decent machine and you do need a decent knowledge of facial anatomy to get the best results (although usually they come with detailed diagrams that can help). I found they were most helpful lifting the brow and eye area, and to a lesser extent they are effective on the jaw as its harder to get a good muscle contraction on ALL the necessary muscles to produce a lift.
As for topicals for firming effects look for ingredients such as DMAE, which can firm and tighten skin, Alpha Lipoic Acid works to give a glow (and as a potent antioxidant will help prevent further damage) Matrixyl helps collagen synthesis which will improve overall skin condition and plumpness longer term.
Other ingredients I like over all are Vitamin C, peptides and hyaluronic acid.
AHA's and BHA's can be useful but you do need to introduce gradually and wear a photo stable sunscreen (ditto retinoids. The tricky part is finding which active actually works for you, one topical will work better for you than others. (My skin hates Copper Peptides for example).

If you want to experiment on a budget, you can get samples from websites such as skin-beautiful.com or DianaYvonne (I prefer the former).

Oh and be aware that DMAE amine is not the most pleasant smelling ingredient in the world (it is derived from fish!). It is available in various concentrations from 1% to about 4%. I would suggest introducing it slowly especially if you use a higher % as it can cause irritation.

Whatever you try remember no topical is going to to be a miracle, its not going to work instantly (long term consistent use is key) although you should see more cosmetic benefits within a few weeks (so a bit more glow, better hydration etc). Patch test patch test patch test! These are actives so can cause irritation in some people. Try it in the same place on your inner arm or behind your ear at least 2 or three days in succession, then if you have not had a reaction introduce into your routine gradually.

Obviously none of these ingredients will produce an improvement as dramatic as surgery or fillers/botox would, but if you don't want to go down that route the above topicals are worth a shot.

Hope that helps. Smile

(Apologies for any spelling errors - I am trying to type around my cat! Laughing )

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I have not seen any decent photo of a facial exercise junkie. And by decent I mean a) convincing ( same light, good quality) and b) showing a face with beautiful features aka feminine and natural.

You really need to see a picture of Loli at the Flex Effect Forums. The woman is in her fifties and she looks amazing. I don't need quality photos to be convinced of her success.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Nonie, which program have you followed? Facial Fitness programme by Eva Fraser?

RussianSunshine I did Eva Fraser's Facial Fitness for 15 years. It really served me well and I had no business switching to anything else...which is why I keep emphasizing do not change a regimen that is working well. But to only make changes if not happy with the status quo. I probably would still be doing Eva's program had I had this wisdom back then. Embarassed

Well before I got ^^that wise and learned not to fix what isn't broken, I let curiosity get the better of me when I discovered Flex Effect and switched to it. It turned out that it clearly was not the program for me. I hated the changes it was making to my face, so after 4 months of it, I quit.

I took a few months' hiatus from exercising my face, hoping that it would return to how it was before Flex Effect--as is supposed to happen when you stop a program--but sadly it didn't. Then I tried Eva's program again to see if I could undo the changes I had created with the new program and get my "Eva face" back, but it seemed Eva's program was unable to correct what had gone wrong; it's as if I'd taken my face to a point of no return. Crying or Very sad Needless to say I was full of regret. Sad

I had learned of Carolyn's Facial Fitness over the course of the year following my bad experience, and 13 months later, on Jan 2007, I figured I had nothing to lose trying this CFF program, which by then, I felt pretty comfortable with. And 8 months into it, I could see my old face returning to me. Fast forward to a couple of years later, and I was pretty much back to a place where I was very happy with my face and had once more found my grail. I'm now in my 5th year of CFF.

Every once in a while, if I find myself short of time and can't spare 15 minutes to do CFF, I do Tom's program of only 5 exercises (shapeyourface.com). That's it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |