Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
FACIAL EXERCISE FOR EYE BAGS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:18 am      Reply with quote
hi Ihave eye bags that are making me so depressed I'm only just forcing myself to leave the house for work and won't go anywhere else. I have been looking at facial exercises to help this. Please could anyone point me in the right direction of some to Do..... maybe a few on kind with pictures to start off with and then I aao konk at Igetting a book or somethingafter trying a few first. I did find a couple but found without pictures I'm not sure I'm doing then right. I keep putting compresses on my eyes and drinking nothing but water. I just don't know what to Do. I would year sunglasses permanently if it was summer Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean. I have the same situation. I have tried everything from cucumber slices to tea bags over 20 years and NOTHING has helped. If you eat lots of salty or convenience foods that can't help. I can only suggest you keep the eye area well moisturized or go with plastic surgery. Crying or Very sad
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I struggled with the eye bags and Easy Eye Solutions has been my answer and now Nanci's DNA serum is helping really hydrate the under eye area. I did read that someone has very good results with the small vaculifter on eye bags. I have done facial exercises for four years and they have nicely lifted on toned my upper eye but I haven't had any improvement with eye bags. I think if your eye bags are due to allergies and reaction to foods facial exercises might bring the puffiness down. My eye bags are due to the grand old aging process because I didn't have them until my 50's. Some members have also reported that the Tanaka massage helped. Hope you find an answer but if you are truly depressed to the point of not wanting to be in public surgery might be in order for you. Many members have reported great results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:28 am      Reply with quote
aww thank you both for taking the time to reply. I would very much like to try facial exercises. I have found a couple on the internet. ( I will get a book at a later date but wanted to have a go first) some jsut tell you what to do and i find it hard without a picture to see if i am doing it right. I will also have a look at the vaculifter. I dont add salt to my food as i believe things have enough of it in them but i dont eat a lot of processed foods to be honest. My only downfall is crisps Sad but i dont think a couple of packs a week will hurt me. Ive cut down on coffee to one a day now and drink water the rest of the time (usually boiled and luke warm)

i desperately need to get a skincare regime going but im also at a loss to where to start with this. I read so much on here and i just seem to be getting more and more confused. I find everyone on here is just so knowledgable and im sorry if i am always asking questions over and over but i always feel i have more confident in the ladies on here and trust than to go into shops and salons etc.

Thank you once again

Sally xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Toby could i ask where you found your facial exercises. I would actually like to try ones for the whole face. Many thanks Sally xxx

5% products discount

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I found if it is not fat pads or an allergy then it’s your diet that is causing eye bags. I found out when I had to go on a very strict diet for a serious stomach problem. My eyes became completely smooth! NO GRAIN CARBS and obviously very little salt. Try it for a week and see what happens. The worse that can happen you might loose some weight.
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Tony1 wrote:
I found if it is not fat pads or an allergy then it’s your diet that is causing eye bags. I found out when I had to go on a very strict diet for a serious stomach problem. My eyes became completely smooth! NO GRAIN CARBS and obviously very little salt. Try it for a week and see what happens. The worse that can happen you might loose some weight

Yes! My skin texture and elasticity has definitely changed for the better since MDA (MarksDailyApple). No wheat, no grains, no rice, no oats. Just veggies, fruit, meat, fish, eggs, olive oil, butter. And the bonus, apart from staying trim and slim, my tummy (IBS) problems are a thing of the past!

CFF's eye exercises are great, my husband is now doing them too!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Honey if you are becoming so depressed it is affecting your life, please please seek medical support. One highly effective treatment for low mood is regular exercise (full body!), which may also help your eye bags by boosting cardiovascular and lymphatic circulation.

Please do not be tempted to try any diet that cuts out entire food groups without professional advice. Eliminating grains can leave you deficient in a raft of minerals, your brain starved of fuel and your body dehydrated. Sorry to appear rude to earlier posters, but losing a little weight is not the worst thing that can happen - cardiac arrhythmias (heartbeat irregularities), fainting at the wheel of your car or overheating in the gym and having a fit are. Crying or Very sad

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
lawmom
5% products discount

Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
I keep putting compresses on my eyes and drinking nothing but water. I just don't know what to Do.

salster68, be careful not to drink too much water, either. Once after getting really dehydrated I went to the other extreme and started drinking ten or more glasses of water every day. The under-eye area became really puffy, and I got dark circles under my eyes.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:36 am      Reply with quote
That same thing happened to me!
lawmom wrote:
salster68 wrote:
I keep putting compresses on my eyes and drinking nothing but water. I just don't know what to Do.

salster68, be careful not to drink too much water, either. Once after getting really dehydrated I went to the other extreme and started drinking ten or more glasses of water every day. The under-eye area became really puffy, and I got dark circles under my eyes.
killy
5% products discount

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone been doing Faceworks exercises ? I've heard of them and watched a couple on You Tube. I've been doing Facercise for a few months but find it hard going trying to visualise and pulsing etc !! Faceworks looks as if it's quite achievable.
Hope someone con confirm my thoughts before I go ahead a buy. Rolling Eyes
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Before buying anything, try the free eye exercises Tom Hagerty shows at shapeyourface.com. Idea
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
killy - I purchased Faceworks approximately 2 weeks and so far I am really enjoying it - too early of course, to comment on the effectiveness. I did so after doing the 2 sample exercises on youtube for 2 weeks. For a year's subscription, it costs less than $25.00 CAD. Ask questions and you will get a personal reply from Elaine Barrett. I like the program and I like the cost.
killy
5% products discount

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Stovetop,
I looked at the videos on you tube they look quite good and not too expensive - AND EASY TO DO
so I think I'll give it a go Very Happy
killy
5% products discount

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information AmazingRacer.

I will check out Tom Hagerty before I buy anything Question
wailanf
5% products discount

Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:09 am      Reply with quote
may try to drink tea and do some eye massage........... if it really can't help. may need to consider to have botox
killy
5% products discount

Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I have bought the Faceworks excercises which are on you tube. Really like them, suit me much better than Facercise, and Tanaka which I love !!! Used my new 1.0 dermaroller last night for the first time - no blood Confused but my skin feels great and the crows feet are starting to fade
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:12 pm      Reply with quote

Hi,

I hope my image posts. I am almost 53 and this photo was taken November 26, 2011. I used to have under eye bags and to work on them I have done facial exercise from 2002 to present, ice compresses, green tea bags, serums and lotions, and easy eye solutions. Other things can make eye bags better or worse including diet, exercise, meditation, rest, exposure to chemicals, medications, allergies, and stress.

The most effective practice for me was using Karie Wagner's lymphatic massage instructions:

http://allnaturalbeauty.us/ani10.htm

The instructions are clear. The massage takes less than 5 minutes and I do it during OCM. I began the lymphatic facial massage once a day for two weeks; then I practiced it once to twice week; now I forget to do the massage but shoot for once a week from about 2010.

I saw a dramatic improvement within two to three months and it seems like it keeps getting better. I can not remember the last time that I put a cold compress on my eyes to reduce the bags.

Not sure if I read this but I believe that the massage could reduce congestion in the neck and improve the jawline.

I love this massage and what it did for my under eye area.

Smile

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I forgot to provide details about my photo. I do not use a special eye cream. I use my face products on my eye skin. When my photo was taken I had used a DIY glucosamine/niacinimide serum, followed by a DIY Vitamin C/E/Ferulic Acid serum, followed by a DIY peptide lotion and then an antioxidant physical sunblock. I used coverup on the inner corner of my eyes and mascara. I may have had some mineral powder blush on my cheeks and mineral powder on my nose only. My DIY recipes are based on recipes on this site and my own formulations.

Smile

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Hydrogeogirl! Your eye area looks fantastic! My eyes have been really puffy lately so I think this massage technique may help. I just tried it and I must say the area around the cheek was a bit sore. I have bags right on my upper cheeks that are very noticible at times, so I am hoping this will at least get them managable.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 am      Reply with quote
THANKS for the link! I have been doing the Tanaka massage around the eyes a few times per week hoping to get rid of my bags and it does help, but this massage may just have a bit more oomph and your results are lovely! So there is hope!
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
HippoMe wrote:
Tony1 wrote:
I found if it is not fat pads or an allergy then it’s your diet that is causing eye bags. I found out when I had to go on a very strict diet for a serious stomach problem. My eyes became completely smooth! NO GRAIN CARBS and obviously very little salt. Try it for a week and see what happens. The worse that can happen you might loose some weight

Yes! My skin texture and elasticity has definitely changed for the better since MDA (MarksDailyApple). No wheat, no grains, no rice, no oats. Just veggies, fruit, meat, fish, eggs, olive oil, butter. And the bonus, apart from staying trim and slim, my tummy (IBS) problems are a thing of the past!

CFF's eye exercises are great, my husband is now doing them too!

I love MDA:-) I've found that not eating grains has helped my skin on so many levels. No more cystic acne and my upper lids are less puffy in the morning.

One cause of horrendous eye bags is hypothyroidism. A coworker of mine started having thyroid problems and her face got really puffy and her undereyes were puffy to the point of looking like she had been socked in the eyes! It reversed once she was being treated.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks Swissmom and Lotusesther! I cannot rave about this massage enough. I used to have little tricks to minimize the puffy under eye area which seemed to get worse when I traveled or had any out of the ordinary experience. Now, I do not even think about having special products or using cold packs to reduce the puffiness.

It has worked wonderfully for me. Stick with it because the results continue to get better (for me), even after a year of doing the massage weekly.

Best, HGG

lawmom
5% products discount

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I'll have to try this massage. I'm getting to that age where eye bags are starting to be an issue.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Firrfox about not eliminating the grain category but it can be done in ways that will still work with your goals. Grains that are acceptable within the parameters mentioned would be quinoa and I believe flax breads would work. I eat flax bread and love it. I have also cut out wheat and most rice and oats. I have noticed a flat tummy, slimness and better facial contour without sacrificing the grain quotient. It just takes using different grains.
If you are going to use ANY wheat I would be certain it is considered true sprouted wheat and not just "whole grain" which is not the same thing.
Firefox7275 wrote:
Honey if you are becoming so depressed it is affecting your life, please please seek medical support. One highly effective treatment for low mood is regular exercise (full body!), which may also help your eye bags by boosting cardiovascular and lymphatic circulation.

Please do not be tempted to try any diet that cuts out entire food groups without professional advice. Eliminating grains can leave you deficient in a raft of minerals, your brain starved of fuel and your body dehydrated. Sorry to appear rude to earlier posters, but losing a little weight is not the worst thing that can happen - cardiac arrhythmias (heartbeat irregularities), fainting at the wheel of your car or overheating in the gym and having a fit are. Crying or Very sad

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |