Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
New member, need recommendations! :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I recently joined this forum and am overwhelmed by the number of posts, topics, and information! Very Happy

I am 44. My skin is in pretty good shape. I get Botox every 3 months for an eye lift and to prevent creases in outer eye area. I used copper peptides for about a year and I am not sure if I saw much improvement. Everyone tells me I look early 30s, but when I look in the mirror I see a million flaws!

My problems are loose, sagging skin, stretch marks, and a few age spots. I have gone up and down in weight my whole life. This past year I lost 85 pounds and am having a lot of trouble with loose, sagging skin. I work out at the gym regularly and do FlexEffect facial exercises daily, but still have loose, sagging skin. Sad

I have never smoked, I eat a vegan, mostly raw diet, no junk food or sodas, but I do like red wine and coffee. Those really are my only vices.

I noticed on one blog that Skin Actives creams are recommended, specifically "Bright I" cream and "Be Kind Rewind" cream. What do you ladies think of these?

Also, I saw a ton of posts here about dermarollers. I am totally unfamiliar with this. Would it be something that would help with my skin issues? How do I get started and where do I buy these?

Any other recommendations? Thanks!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it's true that everyone is their own worst critic! I'm sure you're way more hard on yourself than everyone else is. But regarding your skin concern, dermarolling may probably be your best and most effective option. It will help with stretch marks and any discolouration, but I'm not sure it would help with sagging skin. However, you need to be very careful when dermarolling because there is potential for injury. E.g., you may press too hard and cause way more irritation that could lead to scarring. But if you're extremely careful, it should be fine. You should also look into a post-roll serum as well.

If copper peptides aren't working, you could try Retin-A. I believe this is more common with anti-aging (and probably more effective) than copper peptides.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hope you don't mind a newbie responding! I work in physical activity so may give a different response to the more experienced forum members.

Does your current diet include sufficient complete protein and essential fatty acids (esp. EPA & DHA)? Exercise alone cannot build or maintain muscle mass: the body needs a regular supply of amino acids, the building blocks of protein. Being highly active and dieting increase the body's need for protein and EFAs, but raw/ vegan/ reduced calorie diets can be deficient unless carefully structured. Based on research, my clients aim for 2g pure protein per kilo of bodyweight and at least 1g of long chain omega-3s per day.

HTH!

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and thanks for the replies! So where do I buy dermarollers and which size needles should I get? Also, which serums are good to apply after dermarolling?

I watched a bunch of Youtube videos on dermarolling after I posted my question. So basically you do this every day with light pressure? Do you dermaroll the whole body or just the face?

I also do dry brushing (face and body). Can I dermaroll if I dry brush too?

As far as protein, I make sure to get enough. I also sprinkle hemp seed on my salads which is full of EFAs and protein.

Thanks!
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:15 am      Reply with quote
http://www.owndoc.com/category/dermarolling/

Lots of information. Also downloads.

Fairydogmother....how many dogs do you have?
Fairydogmother
5% products discount

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Drago,

Thanks for the link. Which size needles should I start with? I have never done dermarolling. And am I supposed to put vitamin C cream on my face afterwards?

I have 4 dogs of my own and currently 2 foster dogs! Smile

Thanks!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hemp seeds do not contain the long chain O-3s we need, and the conversion rate of the short form is ~10%, so it's challenging to take in sufficient vegan omega-3. To absorb the full 'dose' of EFAs from seeds you would be grinding them as the fibrous structure inhibits full digestion. TBH supplementing with DPA-rich marine algae is easier and more efficient!

Nuts and seeds are not complete proteins, presumably you always combine them with wholegrains or pulses? It may be worth reviewing the amount of pure protein you currently consume - the best vegan source is certain nuts and seeds, but you are unlikely to be eating large quantities on a reduced calorie diet.

HTH.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 am      Reply with quote
I would agree that dermarolling and retin a are probably the best places to start.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |