Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

In desperate need of skin care recs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
caserina69
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
I am new to these boards (obviously) and have come from sunny little Australia.
I have been a customer of EDS for almost a year now, purchasing Bare Esentuals foundations.
In November my skin went mad, it was one full pimple fest. It hadn't been that way in about 5 years. When I was younger (am now 1Cool I had problems with ance, and was prescribed Diane 35ed and some other creams. But prior to November I decided to try the Implanon. My skin was fine whilst Implanon, but when it was removed (because it wasn't the right thing for me) my skin went nuts. So I went back onto Diane 35ed and was prescribed Vibra Tabs for my acne.
I have been using Lush skin care on my skin for about a year. And I was still using it up until a couple of weeks ago when Mum suggested it could be that my skin hates natural stuff (even though I prefer it). So my Aunty brought in some Dermalogica products in trial sizes.
So I have been using the Microfoliant at night time to remove all my make up (including eye make up), the anti bac wash in the morning and the Active Moist both morning and night. I also use a Lush Toner (Tea Tree toner) before moisturizing. I also use Fresh Masks from Lush which work a world of good.
At first my skin peeled a little bit, but since I have only got one pimple!
Basically what I am asking is whether Dermalogica is the right stuff for me, or should I be looking at other options? Should I use a make up remover especially for eyes? Should I use a different eye and neck cream? I really like to keep my skin care to a minimal.
Also, should I keep using the BE or change to something else? I really want something with maximum coverage, that isn't oil or blocks my pores and stays all day. I want it to also look good under fluros!
I have a dermatologists appointment which I made back in November. However due to so many people wanting to see her I could only get in as soon as Feb 15th. Now my skin has cleared up reasonably well (and let's hope it stays that way!) I want to talk to her about evening out my skin tone, minimising freckles etc. I am thinking about IPL, but don't know a lot about it.
Anyway, I would really appreciate your opinions and responses! You all are a lot more knowledgeable than I am in this area!
Thanks!
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello fellow Aussie Smile

I think the person to talk to Diane 35ed and other pills is Caspers Mum. She has explained a lot abotu various pills and effects on acne etc in the past so I would suggest you wait for her reply.

In terms of Dermalogica, if your skin is reacting well to it then stick with it! One thing I would like to say is that you should NOT be removing makeup with the Microfoliant. This is to be used on clean skin, so after you use cleanser. I do use a separate eye makeup remover more often than not, but this depends on what cleanser I'm using. If I'm using a cleansing oil, or YonKa Gel Nettoyant, or a cleansing milk like Dr Hauschka or Janson Beckett then I just use that over the eye area. If I'm using something with glycolic acid etc then I keep that away from the eye area and go for a separate eyemakeup remover.

Since you're a fan of Lush fresh masks, I highly recommend the Cupcake mask Smile
caserina69
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy. Smile
I thought that cleansing and using the microfoliant would dry my skin out too much? I will stop doing that and use it as you directed.
So, I should cleanse with the anti bac wash (?) and then use the microfoliant at night (to remove make up) and then just use the anti bac wash in the morning?
Also, what cleanser would you recommend to remove eye make up?
Also do you think I need to use a seperate eye cream?
Thanks for your reply by the way!
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I can see your point. I haven't had problem with dryness from using the Microfoliant but some people have reported it dries them out. I think the trick is finding a good non-drying cleanser, but there is always a risk that if your skin is dry then the daily use of microfoliant will dry you out anyway. The anti-bac wash has BHAs in it so it's possible (or maybe even probable) that twice daily use and followup by Microfoliant may be too much. What skin type do you have?

If you're looking for a cleanser (rather than an actual eye makeup remover) that will remove eye makeup then there is a few that I can recommend. First oil cleansers are very good at removing eye makeup and they are non-drying for skin. Both Decleor and Babor (and also Shu Uemura) make cleansing oils but I tend to prefer the Babor one. Then you have the cleansing milks (there's plenty of them on the market) - the ones I have tried are the Jurlique, Dr Hauschka, Kosmea, Janson Beckett (of Alphaderma fame), and proably some others that I'm forgetting at the moment. YonKa Gel Nettoyant is a good gel one that you can use around the eye area with no problems as well.

Re: eye creams. I tend to use a separate eye cream but there are some face creams that are gentle enough to be used around the eye area. I haven't really used Active Moist to any great extent so I can't really say if that's a good one to use - besides that, the eye area is quite sensitive so different people will be able to pull off different things.

HTH
caserina69
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Wow, there is so much I need to learn about cleansers! I really thought they were all the same, and all I needed to do was cleanse tone and moisturize but find something that did each of those jobs and worked well with my skin!
I will have to do some research into those cleansers you mentioned.
My skin is normal-ish, has the tendency to break out (mainly on my cheeks and chin at the moment). Sometimes have an oily t zone. Have blackheads accross my nose, cheeks chin and forehead. My nose has a tendency to flake. My skin is pale and uneven, has light freckles all over and redness on my cheeks. If I look closely I can see some tiny broken veins. I have dark circles under my eyes, as well as some fine lines around them. I think that desrcibes my skin fairly well! Rolling Eyes
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm not very familiar with Dermalogica's cleanser, but I think the anti-bac skin wash is for very oily and problem prone skin? I think you should find a gentler type of cleanser for everyday use. Personally I love cleansing oils, and babor's 2-step is my favourite. But I also have a gentle non-glycolic cleanser from MD Formulations which is very good for removing blackheads.

Good luck with your search for the perfect cleanser! Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Since you have the Dermalogica cleanser already and it's working well for you then stick with it. For use before the Microfoliant I'd try to find something without AHAs or BHAs. YonKa Gel Nettoyant should be a good choice for your skin type as it's not moisturising but not drying either.

I would also say that at some stage you might want to try the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream. This is an all natural skincare line so I'm not sure if you'll be game to go back to it after your experiences but this particular cleansing cream works very well to remove blackheads and clean out pores and it does so very gently. Just something to consider in the future.

Dark circles are always problematic because they can be caused by so many things! Lack of sleep, allergies, sinus problems, just genetics, etc I had dark circles for years and tried many different creams and my saviour turned out to be Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue.
caserina69
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow you've given me a lot of things to try out!
So this is what I am thinking of:
Cleansing in the morning with the anti bac wash
Removing make up with the Yonka Gel Nettoyant and then using the microfoliant.
Toning with my Lush toner, and moisturizing with the Active Moist.
Is it ok to use two products containing an acid in them in the same day? (The anti bac and microfoliant). I just don't want it to dry my skin out that's all. And are you sure that the Yonka won't make me break out?

Does that sound OK?

What would you recommend for a high coverage foundation that's non-comedogenic, lasts all day (including through sweat!) and looks a bit dewy? I've been using BE but it tends to dry my skin a tad and definitely doesn't last through sweat!
Mabsy

Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Sounds good. You'll need to experiment with the anti-bac wash and microfoliant. If using those two on the same day makes you a bit dry then you'll need to cut down. If it were my skin I know I wouldn't have any problems but I'm not sure how yours will react.

Re: YonKa Gel Nettoyant. There is no guarantee that you will not break out from a product (whatever that product is). I have not had any problems with the YonKa Gel Nettoyant and I don't recall others having problems but everybody is different. It is recommended for all skin types and it's not oily and does not leave any residue on the skin.

Not sure the foundation though. I use Jane Iredale pressed and I'm loving it but I use it for light coverage only (although you can build it up) and I'm too lazy to go to the gym so I can't tell you if it lasts through sweat Laughing I'd suggest you post a separate question for it on the skincare forum and see what replies you get Smile
caserina69
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Alright I will do that, thanks Mabsy.
I've ended up ordering:
Dermalogica Active Moist
Dermalogica Anti Bac Wash
Dermalogica Microfoliant
Yonka Gel Nettoyant
Dr Haushka Cleansing Milk (I figured I will want this at some stage, and if I spend a tad extra I get free postage... which in a way means I am getting some money off my actual order if that makes sense Razz )
Mabsy

Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:37 am      Reply with quote
caserina69 wrote:
(I figured I will want this at some stage, and if I spend a tad extra I get free postage... which in a way means I am getting some money off my actual order if that makes sense Razz )

rofl I've used that logic when placing orders as well...
caserina69
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |