Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermatologist Appointment Thursday - What to ask for?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:35 am      Reply with quote
What brand of foundation are you wearing if I may ask? That is very odd....
cat301
5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Mac Pro Longwear SPF 10.
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Well maybe now that your skin is shaping up you can go to more of a medium coverage foundation. I know even Mac Studio finish is pretty thick. Havne't tried the one you mentioned but if it's long wear, it probably is pretty thick. Have you tried NARS? It stays on really well and covers well too.
cat301
5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried NARS. I do use their blush, lip glosses and velvet gloss lip pencil. Do you like the Sheer Matte or Sheer Glow foundation? I'm hesitant to change because it's so hard for me to find a good match, even at the makeup counter, and now that I've found one I'd hate to start another mad hunt for a good match to my tricky skintone. I'm NW20 in MAC.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
cat301 wrote:
I stipple with a MAC 187. The difference is night and day with my oiliness. I use the Burnout Kids daily and never have to retouch my foundation or blot my oily skin.

<snip>

Like I said previously, I've tried to use foundation without a silicone primer and i just can't get it to spread. It goes on VERY thick and unevenly and I like a lighter coverage. I've even tried lightly spritzing with Evian mist as I'm blending foundation but it just kind of makes a mess and I don't get a good application.

I'm probably being dumb but I can't understand why you need to spread the foundation if you are stippling it on?? Are you blobbing the product on your face first? If so maybe blob and spread it on the back of your hand, then stipple from there a little at a time section by section. Also is your foundation the same formulation style (water-based or oil-based) as your sunscreen or are they incompatible? I can't imagine Evian doing anything but balling up on a thick sunscreen.

I haven't used the MAC 187 myself but apparently the Sigma F80 - which I adore - gives a much lighter/ finer airbrushed finish compared with the MAC duo fibre. From what I have read this is because the Sigma is a kabuki packed with super fine synthetic bristles, plus the MAC has some natural bristles which will absorb a liquid product unevenly. There are some helpful YouTube reviews and comparisons by MissChevious, VintageorTacky, Hollyannaeree and others.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
cat301
5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
What's the difference between using a super fine mist of Evian (water) and using a damp Beauty Blender?

I put the foundation on the back of my hand, put an appropriate amount on the stippling brush, touch my face with it and whatever was on the brush virtually gets stuck to the spot I first touched my face with, and it doesn't allow me to blend the foundation outward.

I guess I'll try a different brush...the thing is, before I used Burnout Kids, my foundation blended perfectly. I used to work for a makeup artist and I know a little about makeup. It seems odd that I could be doing it wrong?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
cat301 wrote:
What's the difference between using a super fine mist of Evian (water) and using a damp Beauty Blender?

I put the foundation on the back of my hand, put an appropriate amount on the stippling brush, touch my face with it and whatever was on the brush virtually gets stuck to the spot I first touched my face with, and it doesn't allow me to blend the foundation outward.

I guess I'll try a different brush...the thing is, before I used Burnout Kids, my foundation blended perfectly. I used to work for a makeup artist and I know a little about makeup. It seems odd that I could be doing it wrong?

The Beauty Blender has to be dampened to gain its full size and so it doesn't absorb too much product: you're not adding water like a fine mist would. I'm not suggesting you are wrong - I'm no guru! - just trying to trouble shoot the issues you report. Seems to me you need to downsize the appropriate amount to take account of the sunscreen (or use primer, if you prefer), maybe your current tool won't allow that?

I am aware MAC brushes are highly respected, but the new Sigma synthetic kabukis appear to be superior to the MAC duo fibres. If you watch a few the reviews you will see just how different the brushes are, and how differently they behave when picking up and depositing product. With the Sigma you can stipple on, whereas with many brushes you have to stipple off as the first bit you apply is blobby. Does that make any sense?? I will try to find a video I saw showing application of foundation on the hand with the MAC and the Sigma.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Something with a decent concentration of hydroquinone for fading sun spots, age spots, and dark circles. Works a charm.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
cat301
5% products discount

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I had an early phone conference at work today so I left the house an hour and a half earlier than normal. Got ready in the dark....Imagine my surprise when I got to work and my skin is a flaky mess! I really wish I had a microfiber cloth with me to de-flake. I have my makeup bag with me but that's not going to help. Sad
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
cat301 wrote:
I had an early phone conference at work today so I left the house an hour and a half earlier than normal. Got ready in the dark....Imagine my surprise when I got to work and my skin is a flaky mess! I really wish I had a microfiber cloth with me to de-flake. I have my makeup bag with me but that's not going to help. Sad

(((hugs))) Hopefully this bad skin day heralds plenty of good skin days to come.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:12 am      Reply with quote
cat301 wrote:

the thing is, before I used Burnout Kids, my foundation blended perfectly. I used to work for a makeup artist and I know a little about makeup. It seems odd that I could be doing it wrong?

I used the Burnout Kids version and it was very tacky and drying to my skin, and left my skin flaky. I am using the Ocean Tested presently, which is more moisturizing for dry skin. However, it also still leaves my skin a flaky mess. Wanted to mention that, as maybe it is just related to your sunscreen?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
riley, what happened to the Devita sunblock?

rileygirl wrote:
cat301 wrote:

the thing is, before I used Burnout Kids, my foundation blended perfectly. I used to work for a makeup artist and I know a little about makeup. It seems odd that I could be doing it wrong?

I used the Burnout Kids version and it was very tacky and drying to my skin, and left my skin flaky. I am using the Ocean Tested presently, which is more moisturizing for dry skin. However, it also still leaves my skin a flaky mess. Wanted to mention that, as maybe it is just related to your sunscreen?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
riley, what happened to the Devita sunblock?

Nothing, I just wanted to try some different sunscreens out after I ran out of the Devita. Very Happy (You know variety and all! LOL)
cat301
5% products discount

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I accidentally got a tan this weekend. I went to Disney for 2 days. Wore a hat and Burnout Kids. Reapplied every few hours. I'm not burnt, but I'm a little more brown. My normal color is Mac NW15 (pretty pale). I like the way I look with a little "color" but I don't want the damaging effects of the sun. Besides avoiding Disney, what else could I have done? It was a baseball cap. I couldn't find a wide brimmed hat to fit my large head.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |