Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Name the ONE very Best Thing You have tried for your Skin???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Firefox,
Which marine algae supplements with omega 3 would you suggest?
TIA

No specific recommendation because I live in the UK and take fish body oils! Simply check the DHA & EPA content, you want to be taking in 1-3g per day.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Believe it or not, eliminating peanuts from my diet. Second would be discovering face mists. Cured dehydration.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Once I used Aloe vera gel for curing acne scars which helped me a lot.I can see now it worked for me.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think the best thing I've tried for my skin is following advice I received from my brother!!!

My brother always had (and still has) the most perfect skin growing up - no acne, small pores - his skin is like a baby's, except of course with hair.

I on the other hand struggled with acne, large pores, very oily forehead and dry cheeks. Anyway, one day I was just commenting on the difference between our types of skin and he just casually mentioned that he doesn't wash his face, and he basically never has. He just rinses.

That was a long time ago, and I finally tried doing the same thing and my skin improved drastically. I only wash my face now with a mild non-detergent cleanser like PSF green tea to remove makeup (or I just use bioderma to remove makeup and rinse). I don't wash my face in the mornings anymore.

There was also an improvement when as a kid a long time ago I switched from using detergent cleansers for oily/acne prone skin to using detergent-free cleansers.

So I really think those harsh cleansers are what affect people's skin the most.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I agree! My sister told me to rinse, not use any soap or detergent, to prevent acne and whatever trouble my skin is giving me, acne never was a concern.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Borage oils has helped my skin be soft and the pores and lines less visible. Exfoliation also helped my skin a lot too to reduce the aging appearance.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Naming one best thing....There are so many I intimately believe in and have seen results.

If I had to choose it would be Diet: green drinks: green smoothies, vitamineral drinks, etc. Drinking your water as what happens when you regularly indulge in green smoothies and support internal health comes FIRST. And being gluten free - absolutely no Wheat belly for me and a trim, toned physique with less time at the gym.

What do you put in your green smoothies so that they are good for you but don't make you gag? TIA
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Hard to pick just "one", but if I must I'd say exfoliation.. It's the best preparation for everything else I do, and keeps my skin turnover like that of a 30 year old.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
simplyjo

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I had a lot of hyperpigmentation, acne scarring and wrinkles and I have been using the gorgeous peel, the super white bio serum and the TCA cleanser from I'M FABULOUS COSMETICS and my skin has improved by 60%. I buy the products directly from their website. I am very impressed by those products! Does anyone try the Bio Gorgeous peel?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Naming one best thing....There are so many I intimately believe in and have seen results.

If I had to choose it would be Diet: green drinks: green smoothies, vitamineral drinks, etc. Drinking your water as what happens when you regularly indulge in green smoothies and support internal health comes FIRST. And being gluten free - absolutely no Wheat belly for me and a trim, toned physique with less time at the gym.

What do you put in your green smoothies so that they are good for you but don't make you gag? TIA

Today's green smoothie had organic baby spinach, blueberries - fresh frozen/picked in summer, a banana, spring water and maybe a stalk of celery.

I often use fresh pineapple and apples and also lemons squeezed in, or oranges. It varies considerably. I truly enjoy the honest, fresh taste.

Visiting my Army girl and she's a smoothie junkie like me

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:59 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Today's green smoothie had organic baby spinach, blueberries - fresh frozen/picked in summer, a banana, spring water and maybe a stalk of celery.

I often use fresh pineapple and apples and also lemons squeezed in, or oranges. It varies considerably. I truly enjoy the honest, fresh taste.

Visiting my Army girl and she's a smoothie junkie like me

Thanks. I definitely need to improve my diet in 2012.
Heaven white

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:49 am      Reply with quote
The best things have used on my skin are as follows. 1. Dudu osun soap- it is the best soap i have used, it rilli controlled ma mild pimples n made my skin tone even, eventhough nt totally even bt with time it will b flawless. 2 i use clear essence beautifyin milk @ nite n jergens natural fairness lotion during the day. 3 drinking 8 glasses of water a day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh, I need to change my answer, sorry! Eliminating sulfates has been the hg for my skin. So simple I forgot about it.
Rolling Eyes

Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am going to say hemp seed oil. I have only been using it for about 2 weeks but my skin is really nice and I am not breaking out from using it! Some people say any oil is comedogenic but this one doesn't seem to be. Also, it sinks into your skin really quickly and doesn't leave too much of a residue. Everything lives a film on my skin but this is not bad.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Another here going gluten free.

I was gluten free 7 months up till a weekend or so ago- really makes a big difference. Have felt kind of down ever since having the wheat.

Copper peptides are the best thing I ever used on my skin. 2nd would be the Clarisonic.
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
natural ingredient: aloe, manuka honey (cures EVERY type of breakout and cured my acne skin), green clay

beauty serum: SK-II facial treatment essence - smooth, bright skin

antioxidants: Garden of Wisdom, any antiox serum really! - brightens up the skin, anti-aging

sunscreen/makeup base: shu uemura UV base for its lightweight and mousse like texture with zero stickiness
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
natural ingredient: aloe, manuka honey (cures EVERY type of breakout and cured my acne skin), green clay

beauty serum: SK-II facial treatment essence - smooth, bright skin

antioxidants: Garden of Wisdom, any antiox serum really! - brightens up the skin, anti-aging

sunscreen/makeup base: shu uemura UV base for its lightweight and mousse like texture with zero stickiness
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
#1 for me was giving up gluten. No more cystic acne after that! My skin really improved after going grain-free and eating a Primal/Paleo diet. My muscle tone improved, too.

Getting the dark blue veins under my eyes lasered away was one of the best things I've ever done. I have fair skin and they were always hard to conceal and made me look tired.

Other things that have helped:

NCN 2% retinol- I LOVE it!! I've been using it for about 6 weeks and my skin is looking a lot more even toned and refined. I've had minimal flaking and I can even use it under my eyes with no problem. My melasma patch on my forehead is fading and blemishes/blemish marks heal SO much faster. I alternate it with 302 Plus Serum and the two seem to compliment each other well. I had been using 302 Clarity, but wasn't thrilled with it, so I switched it out for NCN. I can't wait to see the longer term effects.

NCN Rhassoul Cleansing Bar- my skin really likes this. I have a terrible time finding cleansers that don't totally dehydrate my skin yet still work well for congested/combo skin. I alternate it with:

Honey/castor oil mixture- I stumbled on this while trying honey cleansing. I've done OCM with castor oil a few x/week for a couple of years and I wondered what would happen if I mixed the two together. Wow. It's very decongesting to the skin but more conditioning than either honey or castor oil on it's own and much less drying than OCM.
I use about a 4:1 ratio of raw honey (the thick stuff) to castor oil. I really massage it into my skin and then do a tapping massage and remove with a warm wash cloth. It helps my giant congested pores on my cheeks on either side of my nose.

Olivado extra virgin avocado oil- this is my favorite skin oil. I like this brand better than others- it's just so much nicer in texture and smell. On my body, it keeps my skin from drying out better than other oils I've used and on my face it works wonderfully for dehydration and oil control (I make an emulsion of the oil and water or toner to apply to my face). It makes my skin glow. It doesn't clog my pores, either. I've used rosehip oil, argan oil and others but avocado is it for me.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks for posting hzzyjane! What an interesting idea, mixing castor with honey.. can't believe I haven't heard anyone mention it before.

I've posted here before, but people keep mentioning things that hadn't thought of before! i.e. giving up soap, exfoliation... its impossible for me to nail it down to one thing.
Eating Gai-Lan (chinese broccoli) is probably one thing no one here has mentioned though. Its definitely day before date night food for me!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:45 am      Reply with quote
hzzyjane wrote:

Honey/castor oil mixture- I stumbled on this while trying honey cleansing. I've done OCM with castor oil a few x/week for a couple of years and I wondered what would happen if I mixed the two together. Wow. It's very decongesting to the skin but more conditioning than either honey or castor oil on it's own and much less drying than OCM.
I use about a 4:1 ratio of raw honey (the thick stuff) to castor oil. I really massage it into my skin and then do a tapping massage and remove with a warm wash cloth. It helps my giant congested pores on my cheeks on either side of my nose.

I have never heard of this idea before! Thanks for sharing. I also find OCM extremely drying (even the DIY rinse off formula). I am going to try this mix!
lulu68
5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
LacSal serum - after years of dealing with cystic acne and big blackheads/clogged pores, I was acne free for ~6 months, my hyperpigmentation from acne scars also started to settle down. Since then, my diet and lifestyle took a bit of a wrong turn, so I do occassionally have a breakout BUT if I just continue with the LacSal, I find that it's gone within 1-2 days (as opposed to months, like in the past). It's a small bottle but it lasts a long time.

I also got the copper peptides when I was ordering but they gave me wrinkles that I hadn't previously had - in 4 months, the wrinkles were only getting worse, not better, so I stopped using them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Very hard to pick just one, and I'm always trying new things and changing my HG products...but the one thing I've stuck to consistently over the years is taking powdered vitamin C internally. It helps keep my acne at bay and I *believe* it helps my overall skin tone.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
If it's only product we're talking about, then Dr. P's Protect & Restore cream.

I recently discovered facial exercise, and am still kicking myself for not starting them ten years ago.
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Royal Jelly.
Within 2 weeks i saw my face transform to a much glowing and younger expression, and a lot more effective than skin care products.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I'd say, Obagi product kit lines, Orlane extreme eye treatment, vitamin C serum, MD formulations face/body scrub, Exuverance, St-Yves apricot scrubs, Aveeno hand cream... to name a few. I can not do without these products for sure...

But still searching for more good skin care products in conjunction with above products....

No wrinkles yet. I have a younger-looking skin (though I am not young) because of these products and would like to keep this way since I can not afford plastic surgery / laser treatments and all that. I would like to grow old gracefully.

Aside from these products, I am also into clean living, proper healthy diet, exercise, no smoking and no drugs....

Stork wrote:
Hi Everyone:

Thought this may be an interesting post for us to participate in.

What has worked the VERY BEST for you?????? o

Was it a particular moisturiser, Led Treatment, Dermarolling ?

And how much improvement did you experience? And have you kept it up or not???

Warm Regards,

Maria (STork)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |