Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BE vs JI
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I was looking to repurchase some BE but all this talk about JI has got me thinking what are the differences between the two? Are liquid minerals a liquid version of the powders?

Sorry if this thread has been done before.
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I was an avid BE fan but have recently switched to JI and really prefer it. Not only is it so, so much less messy to apply and easier to take with you but it suits my skin better also. I've not tried the liquid minerals yet being so happy with the pressed base but everyone I know who has tried it loves it - just be careful with the colours as the liquid minerals are a bit different from the loose.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I just got a load of BE for me and minime, wish I had held on now! Laughing
From what i can tell liquid minerals are globs of powder suspended in a HA type liquid suspension...when you squirt them out they mix and you also mix on your face. I'm a bit hooked on the brush/powder thing at the mo, but I'd like to try the JI loose powder

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:08 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I just got a load of BE for me and minime, wish I had held on now! Laughing
From what i can tell liquid minerals are globs of powder suspended in a HA type liquid suspension...when you squirt them out they mix and you also mix on your face. I'm a bit hooked on the brush/powder thing at the mo, but I'd like to try the JI loose powder

sounds weird but something I want Laughing
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I have been using JI pressed base and am really loving it. The only problem is I can't seem to find my perfect color match. So far I have tried:

Natural- not a bad match color wise but way too light.

Satin- looks too pinky on me.

Suntan - makes my face look dirty.

Honey Bronze- way too yellow on me.

Golden Glow- a pretty good match color wise but too dark.

I end up wearing Natural as my base then going over it with golden glow to get a decent look.

Not sure what to try next but am thinking amber and warm silk.

Sherri
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I too have switched from BE to JI pressed powder - Warm Silk. BE was too pearly for me and enhanced the pores which are normally not visible at all. I love the natural looking coverage and ease-of-use of JI. A heavier application on my eyelids looks great too. Much nicer, more natural coverage than MAC pressed powder.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:11 am      Reply with quote
From what I've read here and other forums, JI is less pearly/shimmery and it comes pressed as well as loose and some like the less messy pressed powder. I've also read it is easier to match skin tone than BE but then I've read here that it's not always that way. I think the main difference is the shimmer. Good luck! I use BE but would like to try JI too, just don't know what shade to get. Smile Annette
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
The first part of the reply is to SHERRIINCANADA -- I think you should try Warm Sienna in Jane Iredale. Golden Glow is also a "pretty good" match for me but it was also TOO DARK -- Warm Sienna is a lifesaver -- it really reduces redness (for ANY skin tone) and it's just right, I think, for my skin color. I'm Asian so I have yellow undertones. I used to use a 2.3 in BE.

As for the differences between JI and BE -- pretty much agree with what everyone has said. I used BE for a long time (gave in to those informercials on TV) and it really was nice and easy to apply -- but it still looked flaky and splotchy and accented the pores on my cheeks (the area near my nose).

I tried Jane Iredale because I got some samples from a store and . . . I was SOLD. The texture felt different, did not make my face look as dewy and oily, and it DID NOT accent my pores. Instead, I looked like I had perfect skin (which is far from the truth).

I am IN LOVE with Jane Iredale products. I used to never use blush because ANY type of blush would break me out. Not anymore -- Jane Iredale blush is great -- seriously, JI stuff is GOOD for your skin. I wouldn't sleep in it (as the BE people claim you can do with bare minerals) but it just really feels like it's NOT make up anymore.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Confused OOOOOOh! I'm sooooo tempted! though I do like the slight shimmer of BE. Maybe I'll get some for mini-me for her birthday Very Happy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've used BE before and JI Liquid Minerals and now the JI Pressed Base.

I really prefer JI to BE, although for years I really liked BE (that was before I tried JI). JI is less pearly looking that BE but you can counteract that pearly look with the Mineral Veil when you're using BE. With the JI pressed base I only have one step and it's pressed so I don't make so much of a mess and it's easier to judge how much powder you're getting on the brush.

I also like the JI Liquid Minerals, which, as Guapagirl said, are spheres of powder suspended in a gel. When you pump it out the spheres go through a mesh barrier and they get mixed in with the gel. It's pretty good and I would repurchase (this is also my mum's fave foundation btw) but the one thing about it is that if you have very dry skin then you need to apply this to well moisturised skin otherwise more pigment catches on the drier areas and it's hard then to blend it in.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
All the raves about JI seem to be for the pressed base (I find it too matt). Doesn't anyone recommend the JI loose?
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

I am new to mineral makeup and went with the pressed because it is supposedly better for oily skin. I have heard great things about the loose as well, just think it depends a lot on your skin type.

Sherri
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Molly,

My mom really likes the loose, but I found it hard to use because I have a crappy brush!

I use the liquid minerals and disappear concealer. If I am having a really really bad breakout I'll put a tiny bit of powder over the bad spots and my skin looks totally clear! The liquid minerals is not as matte as the pressed powder and easy to use (as long as you're quick), that's why I like it.
mollmarie
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use the JI loose powder. I seem to have a sensitivity to brushes (I get a bit itchy). I use the application sponge from JI.
I LOVE JI!
After a few application errors, I finally got the right coverage and now my skin looks great!
You really do not need much powder at all for good coverage.
People at work have even taken notice.
My skin even looks "calm" after I remove the make-up.
Would highly recommend!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have their sponge to use with the pressed...it workes really well! Never thought of using it with the loose
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just order the JI flocked sponge, I'm all excited to try it! I know, I need to get a life. Laughing Annette
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Lolli,
I'm the same way. I'm expecting a package and have been checking the mail every half hour! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |