Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Detoxification for the skin!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moonlight191991

Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I have read heaps of articles on different kinds of cleanses and detoxification techniques that eventually lead to better skin condition and over all health. Has anybody tried any kinds of cleanses, liver flushes or overall detoxes?

and how did it work for you?
I'm thinking I'll start with colon cleanse although I'm a bit afraid of trying colonics and enemas as part of the regimen!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would not recommend a colon cleanse. Your colon cleans itself. Unless you have a serious intestinal issue there is nothing built up in your colon that needs a special cleaning. Colonic's and enema's are unnecessary. Unless medically needed they really interfere with body's system of trying to do its own job.

You don't need to do a special cleanse of any kind. Just start eating properly and you body will take care of the rest.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I would agree with all of that! Wink

Just eat extremely healthy and the body and skin will take care of itself. The body knows what to do - it is designed to heal itself.

Now when I mean eat extremely healthy, I really mean, extremely healthy. In the book Natural Cures by Kevin Trudeau, he quotes that to get the same nutrients of an apple in the 1950's now you would need to eat 13 apples due to modern farming, nutrient depleted soils, food irradiating, pesticides and the rest of it...

Try to incorporate organic foods where possible, cut out almost all processed and packaged foods - all the chemical additives and preservatives play havoc with our bodies, try to eat at least some of your food raw like more raw vegies - try to eat a salad at least once a day or chomp on raw vegies, some fruit - the enzymes in raw fruit & veg do amazing things for our bodies, include more nuts and seeds in your diet if you can and again RAW nuts and seeds are even better - although some people will argue about phytic acid Wink some good vitamin supplements definitely dont go astray either! Very Happy
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:44 am      Reply with quote
^ Yep, that'd be ideal.

If you do a search on the forums you'll find other discussions where people decribe glowing skin & increased energy as a result of cleanses of different types.

Not that I've ever tried, but I'm not a fan of invasive treatments unless you're perhaps really blocked up or are sure there is serious toxic buildup in your body, and then I'd recommend the guidance of a doctor of some sort.

That said, some bodies aren't working as efficiently as others, so everyone needs to gage for themselves whether they could use a boost or not. I'd always start with the gentlest, NON-invasive treatments first though.

I've tried drinking clay, and salt water flushes. Both times I cramped up, and the saltwater made me gag and cramp up pretty badly, which I've decided is way too upsetting/exhausting for me. I did feel "cleansed" and got a HUGE burst of energy afterwards that lasted a few hours. And I think my skin took on a glow for a while, but nothing that a couple of good servings of broccoli couldn't have given me.

I think I'm going to try drinking lots of apple juice, or eating more apples next, which is recommended for kidney flushes. And I'm going to incorporate more apple cider vinegar into salads, or gulp a tablespoon down mixed in water as a regular thing.
Also, even though I don't eat a lot normally, excluding meat for a few days at a time and just having vegetables and rice seems to give my system a break and makes me feel lighter and "clearer". And definitely makes my skin look better.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I work in healthcare, part of my role is nutrition consultations.

The human body is able to cleanse itself as we have three excretory systems - the kidneys and bladder, the stomach and intestines, the lymphatic system and skin. These organs work most efficiently when provided with optimum nutrition; cutting out entire food groups or fasting even for very short periods downregulates the entire metabolism.

Colonics, enemas, laxatives and saltwater flushes can disturb the electrolyte balance of the body, dehydrate you and flush out beneficial gut flora - this is highly dangerous. Often the perceived benefits of a cleanse is down to eliminating junk food or other unhealthy habits, and the 'high' to the physical stress causing a release of adrenaline. Please be wary of commercial nutrition books or websites, some completely ignore published medical research!

If you would like to help the body cleanse itself, aim for three litres of water and nine portions of fruit and veggies per day; swap meat to oily fish/ plain live yoghurt or cottage cheese/ nuts and seeds; wheat and corn to beans/ lentils/ wholegrain basmati rice; no salt/ refined sugar/ white carbs/ saturated fats/ alcohol/ caffeine/ soda. You are aiming for plenty of vitamins, minerals, essential fats, soluble and insoluble fibre, small portions of complete protein and low glycaemic index carbohydrates. If you want to supplement speak to your doctor or dietician about fish body oils, magnesium, prebiotics and probiotics. Sorry to be gross but you should need to use the bathroom twice every day. Embarassed

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
The advice here about not cleansing is really good.

Maybe go to the doctor and do a test to be sure you are not missing any minerals?
I know for myself I am always short on iron and calcium and was taking much less than I needed-turns out I need TEN times more than what I was taking and was quite deficient-even though I eat what I am supposed to.

maybe if you do buy packaged snacks- try and get the things that have no preservatives and more grains.
eat organic meat and not meats with preservatives.
try and make more stuff at home, or if you eat out just get vegetable dishes and eat meats at home!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |