Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Can Infrared Sauna damage facial skin//thin facial skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yingey
5% products discount

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I love this forum and would so appreciate any help, I have been obsessing about this question for the last 4 weeks Smile I have a Sunlighten Solo Carbon Sauna (dome kind), and I used it in reverse three times (headfirst), because I had read that it was great for the face and skin. I only used it 2 times for 30 mins each and 1 time for approx. 45 mins. After the 1st and second sessions I noticed that my cheekbones were becoming more defined and chalked it up to water loss/temporary shift. After the third session, however, it seemed like my skin had thinned and the areas under my eyes are much more susceptible to the sun because of the new thinness. Skin texture is thinner. My skin seems hollow and gaunt, and I am not sure if this is water weight, or something permanent because of fat loss or toxin loss. I think I looked better before, now I kind of have a gauntish round face, which seems wierd. It seems to have (hopefully temporarily) changed the shape of my face. Previous to the sauna, I have a photosensitivity in which I burn very easily in the sun, I didn't think infrared use would be associated, but I'm not sure what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if this is temporary or if there is anything I can do. Thank you so much!!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Any weight lost in a Sauna is water weight. Your skin could just be dehydrated from the water loss.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yingey,
Have you recovered? Hope so.Smile
I'm interested in this because I'm thinking of buying a portable far infrared sauna, or a far infrared sauna blanket... trying to make up my mind.
Can't work out how you did only your face into the sauna... on the other hand, have you checked if you have actually lost weight (whether only water or fat) that would show on your face? And how many days apart from each session???
There does seem to be some controversial info, and at least a couple of posts here, about the effect of far infrared, or simply infrared on the skin, some say it is beneficial and others come up with drier, thinner skin... Probably depends on how often one uses it and what actives in creams are used too -like if you use an acid everyday morning and night will end up on skin peeling yet using it say twice a week will help skin turnover and make is supple looking.Just as an example, when I started using the led gadget AntiAging LightStim I was put off because my skin started getting very dry, specially under eyes, which started to appear crinkly and more wrinkled Mad , never heed how much water I drank before as recommended in this forum, so I stopped using it five times a week, then started only on a twice a week basis and it seems to work better.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Has no-one else around here tried the far infrared sauna?
I would be very interested in opinions. Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I have one and I also bought one for my son and DIL last Christmas and they love it.
However, since I do lose water weight from it, I am careful to not use it if ill or dehydrated. I sit in it at least once, sometimes twice weekly but they use theirs every other day at least before workout.
I do not put my face in it as I am claustraphobic and it would not help my rosacea! It makes it flare up from the heat so I am careful with that.
I got it from Amazon in the XL size since I have some big guys and I am tall myself. It folds down nicely, slides under the bed as flat as a pizza box! Love it and a great buy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have one and I also bought one for my son and DIL last Christmas and they love it.
However, since I do lose water weight from it, I am careful to not use it if ill or dehydrated. I sit in it at least once, sometimes twice weekly but they use theirs every other day at least before workout.
I do not put my face in it as I am claustraphobic and it would not help my rosacea! It makes it flare up from the heat so I am careful with that.
I got it from Amazon in the XL size since I have some big guys and I am tall myself. It folds down nicely, slides under the bed as flat as a pizza box! Love it and a great buy.

This sounds neat, can you post a link to it? How much did it cost?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:

Thank you very much Annie for the info!! Very Happy
I'm really seriously thinking of buying one, but can't find much info coming from people who have one to see if it is worthwhile or not, as it's not exactly a cheap product to buy.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
This sounds neat, can you post a link to it? How much did it cost?

Hi Toby, I've been checking out the US amazon for you, here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=portable+far+infrared+sauna&sprefix=portable+far+infra

I'm busy checking the EU amazons, but I only seem find them on sale at UK amazon, or on ebay through an UK seller.

I cannot find anything in the Spanish amazon, only one seller on UK, but many in USA... so it seems to be popular there, but not so much in Europe.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, this is type we have. Works great for the price.
http://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Portable-Foldable-Sauna-Detox/dp/B002POAYDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326139927&sr=8-1

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Mad I've tried to buy it from amazon.uk ... and they don't ship to Spain,... arrrgggghhh
So still searching the web, I can't find anything in the shops, they look at me as if I'm bonkers when I ask about a Far Infrared...
I think I'll try ebay, seen they have them on sale, but must try if they serve Spain.
If not I guess I'll have amazon send it to my brother and have him sending it to me from UK. Confused
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Finally ordered from ebay,... will take at least three weeks to arrive apparently,... can't wait for my far infrared portable sauna!! The reviews I've read seem really interesting.
Yingey,are you still reading here? How are you? Hope you've recovered well, Smile
monroe444

Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yingey,

Do you still use your Sunlighten Solo sauna? Do you like it? Do you think it helped or damaged your skin? I'm seriously thinking of buying one from Sunlighten but it worries me how many people are selling theirs.

Thank you,

Monroe
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I still use mine, but body only.
I think people sell them for the same reasons as the other gadgets, if you aren't using it enough or do not have room, it is the first to go!
We stow ours under the bed and I have lent it out to friends as well.
But if you are already dehydrated it is best to wait until your body is back to full hydration before use or frequent use.

5% products discount

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Old post but I just wanted to warn anyone thinking of this. Do not go headfirst into a dome type sauna like the Sunlighten solo. Your head is on the outside for a reason, the brain is very heat sensitive you can cause brain damage.

For this reason I'm not a fan of sauna rooms or boxes, only the ones where the head sticks out.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |