Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
So what is the verdict on Argireline and DMAE?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Is Argireline and DMAE safe to use?

Yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

jhillo
5% products discount

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to start using products with Argireline and DMAE (for example Alphaderma CE) but I have read a few threads here from 2005 to 07 saying that the Argireline or DMAE could potentially do more harm than good in the long run. Something about the cells being killed / damaged.
Mad

I am assuming there has been scientific research conducted since then.

Since all this discussion was from years ago I am very curious to know what the CURRENT verdict is regarding the safety of using Argireline and DMAE??
jhillo
5% products discount

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I really would like to know what you all think about the safety of long term Alphaderma CE (DMAE / Argireline) use?
jhillo
5% products discount

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this thread hoping someone will give me an answer Smile
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not totally sure about safety, but neither did anything for me.

I've heard that DMAE used daily will dry out the skin.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I use both together. Theoretically the two actives act in totally different ways from one another but Argeriline is a peptide and it should also plump up the skin more so than DMAE but DMAE is also a very powerful antioxidant. So even if neither of them work through the mechanisms in which they are supposed to they would still have benefits. Keep in mind that Argiriline should only be used specifically on expression lines.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
jhillo
5% products discount

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:19 am      Reply with quote
What about the study that was done saying that DMAE kills skin cells?

This one:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/04/18/health-face-lift-dc-idUKCOL85568520070418

This would be bad for alphaderma CE users I'm thinking?
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
jhillo wrote:
What about the study that was done saying that DMAE kills skin cells?

This one:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/04/18/health-face-lift-dc-idUKCOL85568520070418

This would be bad for alphaderma CE users I'm thinking?

I heard about that but dont Alpha Hydroxy Acids destroy skin cells as well in the way that they cause them to come off before ready?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
jhillo
5% products discount

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
From what I understand AHA/BHA are supposed to "unglue" or remove dead skin cells.
This study regarding DMAE says that healthy skin cells were suffocated therefore killing them. (Poor cells). Sad
Skin gurus please chime in and drop some of that enlightening knowledge. I know many EDS members use alphaderma and other DMAE topicals.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
jhillo wrote:
From what I understand AHA/BHA are supposed to "unglue" or remove dead skin cells.
This study regarding DMAE says that healthy skin cells were suffocated therefore killing them. (Poor cells). Sad
Skin gurus please chime in and drop some of that enlightening knowledge. I know many EDS members use alphaderma and other DMAE topicals.

Yes I would be interested to hear also?

Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
You might be interested in this thread. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43520&highlight=dmae

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou Smile

Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:31 am      Reply with quote
No problem, sorry for re-directing you to another thread,I have the 'dreaded lurgy' and don't have the energy to type out my opinion again. Laughing
Hope it helps anyway. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your answers. I'm still on the fence with this decision to start using products with those ingredients. I just wish a study could be done on HUMAN SKIN CELLS as opposed to rabbit cells. Confused
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |