Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sounds intriguing - 37 Extreme Actives
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Just spotted this "37 Extreme Actives Cream" and wondered if anyone here has actually tried it?

http://www.drmacrene.com/
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I am a dedicated follower of "less is more".

I only use Retin-A in the pm without moisturizer.

37 actives in a jar; how many percentage of each active in the cream? Some may say synergy but I doubt it.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a jar thus summer when I went to Europe for vacation. Loved the idea of lugging around only one product. I really enjoy using it. It sink right in and skin looks healthy. It was enough even as an eye cream. I know your skin is on the dry side so ,if you want to try it, go for the new richer version.

I forgot to mention I did not get melasma this summer and I was using only this cream. I was in the sun everyday...2 months in Greece with daily trips to the beach

Ps. Love iPhone. Hate posting with it. Hope post makes sense
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was using sunscreen of course
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Poor packaging. Since its packaged in a jar any actives will quickly degrade anyway. What a waste of $300.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I must admit that the sheer number of actives together in one product did make me wonder exactly how effective it would be: for instance, would some of them cancel out the others and would there be a high enough percentage of each of them to make a difference?

Marina - Thanks so much. It's good to read about the experiences of someone who's actually used it. I did see the richer version and thought that might suit me better if I did decide to try it. The price is definitely putting me off, though. It would need to be something really, really special for me to fork out that much money.

I shall try to get a sample, I think. It certainly did intrigue me!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Thats what hooked me. I got a sample from neimans and was intrigued enough to email the company and get 2 more samples. Read in the website about how and why the formula is stable for months after opening. I also seemed to instinctively trust the integrity of this dr. I did not get the same feeling with perricone or the other one ( the one that looks like a plastic doll...forget the name)
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've just requested a sample from their website and also from the one stockist I can find here in the UK, Marina. Fingers crossed that I can get hold of some.

I'd buy it if it worked really well and could replace most, if not all, of the additional products I'm currently using on my face.

Thanks, again! Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Let me know what you think. I feel like I'm alone with this one. There are only a handful of reviews. Interestingly it was rated tops at neimans as an eye cream.
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:04 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Poor packaging. Since its packaged in a jar any actives will quickly degrade anyway. What a waste of $300.

According to the company the active ingredients are encapsulated. It has apparently been tested by an independent lab and they found the actives were 100% effective 6 months after opened.

I think the days of Paula Begoun's "the actives won't remain active" thinking are over. Encapsulation technology now exists (has done for a couple of years) so it is possible for active ingredients to remain that way when exposed to air.

It's funny this topic came up as I found out about this product a few days ago, and with winter coming and my skin drying out a little figured I'd try it! I've ordered some which will be delivered mid-week, so will report back when I've been using it for a week or two.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Will do, Marina.

Josh - Thanks for the reassuring info. Looking forward to hearing back from you once you've given it a try.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I havent tried it but thought it wise to mention that some actives cancel other actives out, so have a good look into the ingredient list before purchasing the product.

Let us know how it works for you. Smile

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds interesting,but I do not have the extra $300.

I did try a face serum from a company called Grateful Body and they use a lot of active ingredients and you can even customize your items with actives.

http://www.gratefulbody.com/

their face serum smells so nice too.

http://www.gratefulbody.com/SupernaturalAntioxidant_s/79.htm
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Well, it arrived today. I applied a very small amount to clean skin and within 15 minutes my face started to feel like spiders were crawling all over it. Within an hour I was looking quite red and decided I'd wash it off. A few hours later and I'm breaking out. This, from the regular version. It has a horrible, "chemical" smell to it as well. I sent it back for a refund.

There's also only the tiniest amount of many of the actives in there, so I really don't think this is worth the price.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that you've experienced such a bad reaction, Josh. I guess that's another drawback to a product which contains so many active ingredients - there's more of a chance of encountering something to which you may be sensitive.

Hope it calms down soon.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
That's very odd. I've had my jar for over 3 months now and there's absolutely no scent. Where did you buy it from josh?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:18 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
That's very odd. I've had my jar for over 3 months now and there's absolutely no scent. Where did you buy it from josh?

Good point, Marina. On the very few occasions on which I've ended up with a fake product, I've been able to tell immediately by the smell. Or it could even have passed its shelf life?

Worth checking, just in case, Josh.
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Definitely not fake, purchased from SpaceNK.
lizwords

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:06 am      Reply with quote
The list of actives for this moisturizer is impressive, but I truly believe it's not worth the money. You can get the majority of ingredients in less expensive, more trustworthy sources, and i'm not convinced this cocktail is appropriate for most people. I would highly suggest you do some reconnaissance on the ingredients to see if they're right for y0ou skin. I see a couple of red flags right off the bat regarding my skin, as I have somewhat acne prone skin and putting proven highly comodogenic ingredients on it always end badly.

Someone above mentioned the "independent lab studies" this company has conducted. Please don't let that marketing hype fool you, this company has NO published studies, they only allude to studies done but make no references to any source you can check out. This is a VERY common marketing strategy of most makeup and skincare companies. If they had any studies done (which is unlikely), you can bet your savings that were NOT independent, they were paid for by the company and were not double blind or in any way unbiased. Pseudoscience, that's all those studies are. Unfortunately this industry is extremely unregulated and these companies can claim basically anything they want without having to worry about consequences.

Have you seen the makeup commercials on TV lately that say they "reverse DNA damage", or "make your skin look 10 years young in under a month"? Yet these companies have no publicly reference-able studies for their "secret ingredients". And if it did work like they said it did, they wouldn't need to come out with an "all new product" with varying unrealistic claims 2 months later. It's a bunch of silliness. I used to fall for it too. Now I make sure to ready through actual independent research of ingredients listed (not the cosmetic itself as these studies are almost never available). Since I've become more critical of these claims and started carefully selecting the products and ingredients I put on my skin, my complexion has improved 10 fold.

One decent resource that can help you evaluate products and ingredients is beautypedia dotcom. Now please understand that the woman who runs this website has her own products to sell, so yes, she has an agenda, so her review of products should be taken with a grain of salt. While her reviews can be a bit suspect, her research on makeup and skin care ingredients is indisputable as it's backed by numerous studies that actually are independent, double-blind, and conducted within the SCIENTIFIC community.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with many of your points. Ive the last 25 years using all manner of products from vitamin c to retinol. I've bought from skinactives and dabbled in DIY. To be honest I just bought this product because I was you going on vacation for an extended time and didn't want to carry my bathroom with me. I had seen this doctor interviewed before and was impressed. I figured if the product lasted a couple of months and I didn't need to lug anything else along it was well worth it. To my surprise I didn't get melasma, just slightly darker spots on my chin that I could easily cover. This is in contrast to the mottled mess of previous vacations when I was armed to the gills with potions and lotions. I was also at the beach every day. For me anyway, it was proof enough.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm amazed at how expensive this cream is.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |