Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
retin a
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I just came across an article about anti aging it was talking about retin a and how the different strengths work it said 0.025 is used for general skin improvement, 0.05 is used to improve fine lines and wrinkles and 0.1 is foe acne/blackheads. I've been using 0.025 for 2 months now over the past 2 weeks I have been using it every night and I still have pimples popping up on my face.

After reading about this I am worried that the 0.025 is not really having much affect I have some 0.05 strength do you think its been long enough to start this strength and could i alternate between the two?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's been long enough and it sounds like a good idea to alternate the two until your skin completely adjusts to the higher strength. You might also want to try Retin-A Micro instead, it is supposed to be better for acne.
hellokomrade

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard this, but I'm having the opposite problem. I'm using .1% (every night for the past six months) and while it's been great for my acne, my pores are much larger and noticeable and I have many more fine lines under my eyes. I also have that dehydrated, yet oily skin whereas before I was totally normal. Has anyone else had this experience? I think I'm going to be making a follow up with my derm. I want the best of both worlds!

Oh and to the OP, my face only started to clear up around the end of month three. And once it was clear it was really really clear!
Starbright
5% products discount

Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I have been using retin a 0.05 for almost a year now. The 0.025 did absolutely nothing for me, but when I upped the strength, my face started to clear and as long as I use it, my complexion is clear. I wouldn't stop using this as I think it really works once you find the one that is right for you.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I assumed that would be the case with different strengths of Retin-A but never fully looked into it. I am pleased to hear the 0.05% is recommended for lines because that was the one that has been prescribed to me. I would think it has been long enough for you to switch to the higher strength but you might like to alternate the two before starting exclusive use of the higher percentage.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I had also read that the 0.5% is more suitable for lines and aging. A higher strength in a gel formula is more suitable for those dealing with problem skin. I use the 0.5% for fine lines and when I thought that by increasing the strength to 1% I would get better results, I was wrong!! Infact it just made my skin worst as I never got over the side effects to see any results.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Well I went ahead and started on the 0.05 cream (wish I had ordered the gel now if it works better) anyway so far so good, I used it one night then missed a night but the following morning(after the missed night) my face was covered in white flakes which washed right off and my skin is not dry or anything I'm amazed always thought I had sensitive skin clearly not so I will keep alternating between the 0.025 and 0.05 I don;t want the 0.025 I have to go to waste but when its gone and 0.05 all the way but I will be ordering gel as well.

Gotta say though I still have pimples on my face and a massive zit appeared on my forehead after using the 0.05 maybe just the "purging" process.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
flick24 wrote:
I just came across an article about anti aging it was talking about retin a and how the different strengths work it said 0.025 is used for general skin improvement, 0.05 is used to improve fine lines and wrinkles and 0.1 is foe acne/blackheads. I've been using 0.025 for 2 months now over the past 2 weeks I have been using it every night and I still have pimples popping up on my face.

After reading about this I am worried that the 0.025 is not really having much affect I have some 0.05 strength do you think its been long enough to start this strength and could i alternate between the two?

Could you provide a link to the article, please?
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ooops I found the page again and realised it was selling retin a and there was quite a price difference between strengths so maybe thats they were indicating which was better for what.

That's a relief my 0.025 is not a waste of time sorry if I confused anyone I came across this article which is quite informative.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2699641/?tool=pubmed
rainbowrider
5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Wow that article was a bit dense for me--but I can definitely say that retin-a has been the only thing that has consistently helped with my acne, and I prefer the gel over the cream. I am not sure if it penetrates better or what, but it works better for me for sure, and I have tried all kinds, all strengths. I am currently using the .1% micro.

The only drawback I have noticed personally is that my skin does not respond as well to it long term, and I have read other accounts that seem to back this up. Therefore I would recommend switching it up after you have been on it 6 mos to a year just to give your skin a break and reduce the tolerance. However I have such a hard time not using it because nothing really compares! Has anyone else experienced this?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |