Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any trends in the Clarisonic bad reviews?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I am really thinking about getting a clarisonic and have seen all of the raves as well as the small percentage of people who say it really made them breakout

Being prone to post-inflamatory hyperpigmentation, I am a bit nervous.

Has anyone noticed any kind of trend in the bad reviews as far as skin type, etc? Or is it just random luck?
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted a clarisonic but couldn't justify spending that kind of money on what essentially is a face brush. So opted for an Olay brush instead that spins instead of vibrating, this facial brush is good but have heard on The Truth in Aging website the Pretika is even better.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Its not recommended to use on active acne. Clarisonic didn't work for me. I am acne prone but it didn't cause more breakouts. It aggravated my mild rosacea. Definitely buy it from some place you can return if it doesn't work for you.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I have a hard time using it because I have such overly sensitive skin. So I feel raw afterward.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
There are many different brush heads you can get, Delicate has the longest bristles and is the most gentle. Clarisonic says it is safe to use on people with up to grade 3 acne. And gentle enough to use on folks with rosacea.
Try the delicate brush head and turn down the speed.
I have found what cleanser you use makes a big difference. Never use a cleanser with texture and the Clarisonic!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm one of those who rave about my clarsonic. I find it my number one beauty secret. I buy the blue brush heads for sensitive skin. I agree that the brush that comes with the clarsonic is way too harsh-- at least for my skin. I also bought the pretika for my daughter. It is a cheap version of clarsonic. I've had my clarsonic for years and it works as good as new. After purchasing it..I realized you get what you pay for..and going high end for something that works and lasts is a good investment.

I also resisted buying one for years -- thinking it was just a face brush..big deal. Then on the advice of my most respected esthetician... I took the jump.
bellableu
5% products discount

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I finally gave away my Clarisonic after attempting to use it for a year. I have rosacea, and I flared up every single time I used it. It didn't matter how often I used it (I was down to trying it only once every 2/3 weeks or so), nor which cleanser I used, I flared by the next day with redness & inflammatory papules. Perhaps it is okay to use for those not prone to inflammatory rosacea or extremely sensitive/reactive skin, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with rosacea or dermatitis-prone skin.

BTW, I kept it scrupulously clean. And used the Delicate brush. No dice.

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
jiawen xu
5% products discount

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it for a while,nothing happened, my white heads and black heads are still there. I think it's just a daily microfoliation, no other magic effects as advertised.
Btw, I gave up their attached cleanser,totally useless.
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Breakouts caused by Clarisonic could be caused by the increased bloodflow which stimulates oil production.But in generel exfoliation is good for acne. Try AHAs instead.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I love my clarsonic..but have never liked their cleansers. Maybe you should read about the OCM or oil cleansing method that a lot of acne prone folks on the forum rave about. you actually massage your face with oil and it cleans the pores.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I hate their skin care products too. I gave my husband all the cleansers that came with my PRO. And I still haven't even tried the serum that came with the Opal!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Laural...do you like the opal? what results have you seen from using it. curious.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |