Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Moisturiser for sensitive elbows, feet & depilatory stuf
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skywolf
5% products discount

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for 2 items.

1. A moisturiser for very very sensitive elbows (not caused due to allergic reactions - its a heretiory issue). Docs had prescribed creams, etc, but it didnt work but instead, looks to be drying up the elbows and top part of feet. It dosen't help that my husband's hand is forever scratching his elbows Brick wall Brick wall

2. Any post depilatory products for recommendations, for after-shave/wax for ladies? Meant for sensitive skin...

Thanks!
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I highly recommend both Dermaveen and Eucerin for areas of really dry skin. Using the Dermaveen first and then applying the Eucerin over the top increases results.

As for the second question, I love Avon, none of the products contain any wonder ingredients but they just seem to give my skin back any lost moisture.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
What did the dermatologist diagnose and prescribe? What have they advised about the drying effects? How do you know the condition is entirely hereditary? Have you tried eliminating substances rather than adding new products?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
skywolf
5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Echoecho - thanks, will go read up those that you had recommended.

Hi Firefox7275 - Doc had prescribed a type of cream called Uniflex 0.1%. Had been applying it for mths but not much effect. As he didnt want to get another type of cream for it, so I thought of checking this forum if there are other moisturisor type-based rather than cream-based. His mother is having this issue and some of his cousins too, so it is a hereditary issue. And its the first time we are trying non-medical products, thus the recommendation post...
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Skywolf have a look on makeupalley for it, it gets rated really highly.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
What did the dermatologist diagnose and prescribe? What have they advised about the drying effects? How do you know the condition is entirely hereditary? Have you tried eliminating substances rather than adding new products?

I have the "luck" of most of the time when I went to a derm for some skin conditions (not face stuff but skin allergies that were very bad),
I got the most unhelpful derms who don't even prescribe anything useful Rolling Eyes

For skin allergies was told to use cortisone cream, then a day later that made my skin worse and felt more burned.
I go back and am told "here is another prescription for a stronger cortisone cream".

-even though the first kind burned my skin??

After a lot of trial I found a brand called Dermamed at the natural food store.
Their "natural cortisone" cream really worked well for me.
It does not contain any cortisone,but they say it is supposed to work in a similar way.
-only thing is I do not like the smell of some of their products- they have tea tree oil in some.
But they work so well I buy them still.

or Derma E psorzema cream and lotion are really good too!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |