Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

why is skin so different day to day?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:55 am      Reply with quote
My skin can look so different day to day I don't know what to think about what I'm doing to it.
Currently been using retin a 0.05 for about 2 weeks, I had worked up from 0.025 which I had used for 8 weeks.
My main concern was that it could make my broken caps look worse but to be honest I can't tell I have a mirror by my bed and check my skin as soon as I wake up and constantly check it in mirrors all through the day, not because I'm vain but I just feel a need to check how my skin is looking.
Some mornings I wake up and it looks really clear and the caps seem paler but the next day they seem redder and my skin looks oily but the day after it will look better again.
How can it change so much day to day Confused
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:33 am      Reply with quote
I wish I could give you a proper scientific answer. My understanding (and your not alone, many of us have that same issue) is that the skin deals with many challenges each day. Some days its over challenged with things like electromagnetic waves etc, other days its dealing with UVA rays etc. So each and every day it faces a lot of challenges. Plus if we�re not drinking enough water or eating the right stuff its running on empty. I�ve also had it where I wake up some mornings and look terrible but by mid day � I�m looking the opposite and fantastic.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Because life is different day to day - sleep patterns, diet, mood, physical activity, work pressure, pollution, pollen levels, room temperature, humidity, sunlight, beauty routine ... All these things have both acute and chronic effects.

If you feel the need to check your skin before you even arise then frequently thereafter and this is affecting your mood, perhaps speak to your doctor or therapist? Research shows clear links between mental wellbeing and physical health. Crying or Very sad

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh don't be sad Firefox I'm not it doesn't affect my mood, I am a very positve person(or so I like to think)I know how important it is to stay happy to stay young, its just not being able to really measure how effective products are being for me with such daily extremes I know its probably too soon to tell what's going to happen long term but I do need to be vigilant as I don't want to make anything worse, though maybe I do pay too much attention to my skin, Once the makeup goes on I feel good but would love to get to a point where I'm not slapping foundation on everyday.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:51 am      Reply with quote
By mood I don't necessarily mean happy or sad, your wording evokes low grade anxiety or stress. Being vigilant is one thing, but being the first thing you think of/ do of a morning and constant checking thereafter worries me. I work in lifestyle healthcare; someone who reaches for a cigarette before arising is considered heavily addicted. Someone who checks their bodyweight multiple times a day ...

Perhaps I am wrong and I don't mean any offence. It's just it's far easier to nip these things in the bud that it is to treat a full blown mental health issue. Confused

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I have this same problem - my skin is different from day to day - it's different at night compared to the morning... and I check my face first thing when I wake up...

And I definitely have stress and anxiety about my skin because it got butchered by laser and has never been the same ever since... I'll stop checking it once it is finally rectified Wink
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:07 am      Reply with quote
flick24 wrote:
My skin can look so different day to day I don't know what to think about what I'm doing to it.
Currently been using retin a 0.05 for about 2 weeks, I had worked up from 0.025 which I had used for 8 weeks.
My main concern was that it could make my broken caps look worse but to be honest I can't tell I have a mirror by my bed and check my skin as soon as I wake up and constantly check it in mirrors all through the day, not because I'm vain but I just feel a need to check how my skin is looking.
Some mornings I wake up and it looks really clear and the caps seem paler but the next day they seem redder and my skin looks oily but the day after it will look better again.
How can it change so much day to day Confused

Dont remind me, I'm just as bad if not worse Razz I just like to know how things are going, if somethings working. Its completely normal dont think to much of it, I have a closet in my bedroom with those sliding doors that have mirrors on them (I think they are called french doors) I wake up and look at my skin everyday Embarassed I think its more of a habit than anything else Cool

I have noticed the exact same thing, dossent it just make you want to put your in a zipped locked bad where nothing enviromental can touch it Razz I say this because it's my opinion that the outside environment is what causes your kin to look different everyday but just as long as your using products that are good just remember the not side nice side of it is only temporary. This is especially true of me over the last few days, my skin is rather dry and it looks like I have wrinkles. I have to remember that wrinkles wont just pop up over night and it is purely a skin hydration thing that will get back to normal in a few days.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it can vary quite often because everything else in your environment changes often as well. Your skin adapts and tries to compensate for any stressful factors, including your diet. It's important to not obsess over this as I'm sure your skin is fine - don't try to overdo it just to keep it in perfect condition. You're already using Retin-A so your skin should already be looking its beest
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Not in such a short space of time. Retin A is good but it can't do miracles overnight. The poster has only been using it some 8 weeks in total (2 months).
oasisjc wrote:
Yes, it can vary quite often because everything else in your environment changes often as well. Your skin adapts and tries to compensate for any stressful factors, including your diet. It's important to not obsess over this as I'm sure your skin is fine - don't try to overdo it just to keep it in perfect condition. You're already using Retin-A so your skin should already be looking its beest
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |