Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

One month post V-Beam treatment - pink and brown spots
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist was surprised that I still have pink and brown discoloration from my treatment over a month ago. She told me to use this cream for a month and then come back. What do you think of the ingredients? It's plain wrap, made for her office:

Depigmentation & Rejuvenation Cream

Hydroquinone 8%
Ascorbic Acid 2%
Kojic Acid 2%
Hydrocortisone 1%
Tretinoin 0.1%

She said to use it nightly but discontinue if there is irritation. I also have to refrigerate it.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! that's a high percentage of Hydroquinone! But at least it will bleach those marks away Wink
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Does hydroquinone work on pink spots? I know it works on age spots but the pink marks are the result of the laser. They are similar in color to the pink spots you get after having a pimple that pops and heals.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Pretty potent combination you've been given, be careful not to over use it and you should see results. Inflammation is normal after such a procedure, it's when they dont go away that it's a bad sign. Give it a few more weeks and use the combination religiously.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:13 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Does hydroquinone work on pink spots? I know it works on age spots but the pink marks are the result of the laser. They are similar in color to the pink spots you get after having a pimple that pops and heals.

I never thought Hydroquinone worked on pink spots, only brown. I will be interested to see if the cream works for you on the pink areas! Please report back.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think the cortisone in the cream is supposed to treat the pink spots.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I think the cortisone in the cream is supposed to treat the pink spots.

Hmm, possibly. I always thought the hydrocortisone was to prevent irritation.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
It's used to treat inflammations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisone

Over here cortisone creams are used, among other things, to treat eczema and other skin problems that have to do with inflammation.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

I'm definitely no expert and I'm not sure if it will help with the pink spots but the tretinoin (Retin-A) will definitely increase cell turnover and hopefully push those spots out of your skin faster.

I've never had V-beam and probably never would after some of the horror stories I've read about it - but it sounds like you've had a successful result.

What were you having for? General skin improvement? skin texture, pigmentation issues?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
It's used to treat inflammations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisone

Over here cortisone creams are used, among other things, to treat eczema and other skin problems that have to do with inflammation.

Thanks, lotusesther. I looked up a prescription cream similar to what SoftSkin was given. It had this to say about hydroquinone, tretinoin, and hydrocortisone combo:
"Hydroquinone inhibits melanin formation and functions as the depigmenting agent. Tretnoin increases the turnover rate of the skin's epithelial cells. Hydrocortisone relieves inflammation and reduces the occurrence of side effects associated with the other components in the cream. Hydrocortisone also acts to enhance the effects of the hydroquinone and tretinoin."
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:58 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin - are the pink/brown spots a result of your vbeam treatment or were they being treated with vbeam?
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:06 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
SoftSkin - are the pink/brown spots a result of your vbeam treatment or were they being treated with vbeam?

Good point as this is the case with Fraxel. When having Fraxel the laser acts as very many lasers, creating quite allot of holes in the skin rather than just one, the little pink spots can sometimes be visible after treatment. I am not sure if the Vbeam acts in a similar manner but really believe that this could be the case SoftSkin if that is how this laser works?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Vbeam was for capillaries and redness on my cheeks and chin which has somewhat improved. The brown spots have been there a while and I think IPL gets rid of those but frankly I'd rather use a cream and go slower and cheaper.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Vbeam was for capillaries and redness on my cheeks and chin which has somewhat improved. The brown spots have been there a while and I think IPL gets rid of those but frankly I'd rather use a cream and go slower and cheaper.

Some of the more expensive treatments come with a longer amount of down time because they offer better results but if you dont like the down time associated with the treatment it is best to go with IPL which requires more treatments but dosent come with any down time.

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Oops completely forgot to tell you that if your going to go down the path of topicals then there are many beneficial creams that will help with the fading of discoloration. Retin-A is incredible for this purpose but you should also look for something with Vitamin C and a good percentage of Alphahydroxy acids, like Paula Begouns Resists Weekly Serum Treatment Smile

GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:31 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

You are right IPL is better for brown spots. VBeam is a vascular laser so it really only targets the redness. I have read that people often need up to 3 treatments with vbeam to get full results but some people are happy enough after just 1.
How was the pain with vbeam?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 am      Reply with quote
The Vbeam had something like a blast of cool air which took the edge off. Not unbearable and it lasts a fraction of a second for each blast.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I also think you would benefit from IPL Smile

Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

I would agree with the creams and going slower. In my botched laser which should have gone very well as it meant to the one of the most gentle types of erbium yag laser - the nurse also used IPL and I think this is where everything went wrong for me.

She insisted that the tiny patches of pigmentation I had, which were not only tiny but very pale and they didnt bother me at all - but she insisted on using IPL and it was during the IPL where she burned me quite badly on my forehead. A big blister came up and within a few days my skin started breaking out very badly with my forehead being the worst. I've spoken to the Australian CEO of the company that makes these lasers (however, an American based company) and he agreed that he thinks it was the burn to my forehead that caused a cascade of immune system reactions that lead to my negative outcome and my skin breaking out so badly.

I know a lot of people have wonderful results with IPL, but in my mind it's not worth the risks. I actually didnt even want IPL at all after all of the negative press they've had here in Australia - just on our current affairs programs alone there have been many people who have been badly burnt and scarred by these machines.

I hate once the page starts jumping! lol I have to stop that posts otherwise I start making typos! Laughing
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Glamcat, I think you are absolutely right that in the wrong hands IPL can cause serious damage. I've seen photo's of people burned with IPL.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |