Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you use before and after your LED
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use something before or after and have you noticed this making a difference as compared to using nothing.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used anything that has increased the results but know that allot of the girls on this forum apply a green tea serum prior to using LED and it boosts the benefits.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I rarely put it on bare, clean skin although you are supposed to. It is just too drying for me. I use it with serums (of all kinds) but only those that are clear. The LED for me seems to help it penetrate. Then afterwards I usually put on another lotion, cream or oil (such as sea buckthorn) since I have drier, more mature skin.
No difference in results than when I did it on bare skin, just less drying out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:06 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Yes, I rarely put it on bare, clean skin although you are supposed to. It is just too drying for me. I use it with serums (of all kinds) but only those that are clear. The LED for me seems to help it penetrate. Then afterwards I usually put on another lotion, cream or oil (such as sea buckthorn) since I have drier, more mature skin.
No difference in results than when I did it on bare skin, just less drying out.

I used the LED for the first time in a long time tonight as dryness was also becoming an issue with me, and have noticed the LED always seems to plump up the skin in conjunction with a serum, it's kind of like the serum swells a little bit and just gets plump. I just dont see enough help with the fine lines.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:33 am      Reply with quote
No, I have not had any decrease in the fine lines at all and I have been using it for over 4 years faithfully. Just plumping that is temporary and a little more product penetration. Its more of a habit now than anything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
No, I have not had any decrease in the fine lines at all and I have been using it for over 4 years faithfully. Just plumping that is temporary and a little more product penetration. Its more of a habit now than anything.

Well my face is covered in them, literally, I once though it was a matter of skin hydration but not much has helped, so at the early age of 25 am unfortunately already trying everything, what is fortunate though is I'm enjoying learning about it Smile So it is starting to sound like LED wont be the huge help it originally sounded like it would be Sad

Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I find that surprising echo that you would have fine lines at such a young age... are you getting enough zinc, Vit A and protein in your diet? The skin really needs zinc for everything. There are a lot of nutrients essential for firm skin and that's why a very healthy balanced diet is essential. You do have a lot of skin knowledge so I'm sure you're doing everything right, but that's such a mystery.

echoecho wrote:
Well my face is covered in them, literally, I once though it was a matter of skin hydration but not much has helped, so at the early age of 25 am unfortunately already trying everything, what is fortunate though is I'm enjoying learning about it Smile So it is starting to sound like LED wont be the huge help it originally sounded like it would be Sad
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I know it's not fun having them either especially when not much seems to help which does indeed make it a mystery because it has everything it needs to increase it's health from every view. Exp: Vitamin C for collagen, Niacinamide for elastine, hyalauronic acid for hydration. No such luck though.

I'll have to admit my diet isnt nearly as thorough as my skin care, I do however take those things you mentioned in supplement form without any results.

Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes I just use my LED on bare skin but perfer with some type of serum beforehand. I have been using NCN DNA serum about 20 mins before the LED.Sometimes I apply my CP'S and wait about 20 mins also.
I have just ordered NCN LED pre treatment serum just for this purpose.

I too notice a slight improvement in 'plumpness' immediately after a treatment when I use a serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Do you wait the twenty minutes because you have read somewhere that there should be a certain wait time with the serum on prior to using the LED or because it fits like that?

I am interested in the Pre LED serum, have been meaning to make a purchase at NCN skincare for some time now, just haven't gotten around to it, but the LED serum sounds like just another reason to place an order.

I wonder how the skin plumps up after use of the LED in conjunction with a serum because this has never happened for me without one.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |