Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Going peel nuts!! Need advice on Skincare routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:31 am      Reply with quote
So I'm trying to get together a good routine. Everytime I turn around I'm hearing, do this, do that so I buy new peels hoping one will be magically better than the other but I'm just getting more and more confused.

I have Lactic 65%, Glycolic 60%, Salicylic 15% just bought Mandelic 25% (all from makeupartistschoice) and just got a Personal Microderm device for home microdermabrasions. I also have Gly-luronic serum for everyday use which I havent been using at all.

I used lactic acid ONLY... for 2 yrs and it virtually eliminated my cystic acne which made me very happy. I used it once a week, sometimes twice a week. I do love this acid but it didn't seem to help with fading some sun spots on my face so that began my quest to try something stronger like the glycolic. I really never used it long enough to know if it helped because I keep moving on to other things.

My question is...of all these products which do you think is better for fading hyperpigmentation? Which may be best for fine lines?

This week I have decided to do the home microderm and then one acid 30 minutes later but I'm not sure which one. I'm only doing one peel a week. Should I keep rotating them or should I just stick to one and see how they work. I kind of wish I got the peel that has all of them mixed in together. Maybe I can mix my own but I'm afraid my formulations may be too strong?

I always error on the side of caution so I'm not going to overdo it, thats why I'm asking you experienced ladies Smile Thank you!
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
In my experience acid peels do bugger all to help hyper pigmentation and only superficially assist in the appearance of wrinkles by having the skin less rough than otherwise. If it was as simple as doing a chemical peel to cure both of these issues then there would be no other treatments on the market.

Wrinkles - the number one treatment is still Botox and for good reason. It's the only treatment that will instantly eliminate or significantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Topical treatments can only reduce the appearance with repeated use and most of them work by hydrating the skin so it appears plumper and smoother.

Hyper pigmentation - has got to be one of the biggest concerns among women at the moment and still there is no truly effective treatment for it. Various people have varying results with one topic treatment or another. For myself topical niacinimide has proven as effective as anything else. My pigmentation is so light that a touch of foundation covers 90% of it. I get a good fade result but not much more than that.

I've used lactic and gycolic acid peels as well as high strength topical Vit C for hyper pigmentation with no net change in it's overall appearance.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Lots of products on the market, this is true. I guess I figured if I kept using them, I'd get some results with hyperpigmentation. Everytime I read something about the benefits of peels, it says reduction of hyperpigmenation.

Sounds like you've had some good results with what you've tried. I will read up on that product. I have also been reading a lot about Obagi clear. I may look into that more at a later time.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on the nature of the pigmentation. Hormonal pigmentation is very resistant to treatment and a lot of women get that from being on contraceptives. I also heard that peels were the way to go but they didn't help me at all. A least the superficial ones anyway. Glycolic and lactic peels are both superficial. I'm too scared to try a TCA as that can either fix the problem or make it worse. I'd rather live with the devil I know....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have found that using Radio Frequency on my body gives me hyperpigmentation while there dosent seem to be a problem using it on my face. Luckily I got rid of this a while back but unluckily I'm going to have to return my Rio RF body device. I have found that applying the GOW fruit enzyme 10% pads waiting 20 minutes and then applying a 5% salyclic acid cream has done wonders in the past and will be the same route I'm going to go this time.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |