Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
A classic, pink clay. It still works better than ever
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:53 am      Reply with quote
This isn't for a particular brand but for an old faithful that's been lost in the mire of the latest and greatest. Once upon a time nearly all masks were some form of clay, they toned, tightened and gave the skin a jolly good clean. Then, glycolic acid and friends hit the market and the clays were dumped in favour of resurfacing.

But I've rediscovered the revitalizing effect clay based masks can have. I'm using Kaolin that's been enriched with iron oxides. There are many different varieties of clay that all do different things. Here's why I'm loving my pink clay....

It boosts surface circulation. One of the immediate effects of a clay mask is that it stimulates the blood circulation in the skin. My skin glows and is pink and dewy after a clay mask.

Re-mineralizes the skin. The humble clay is a fantastic cocktail of essential minerals which leave your skin super soft and feeling nourished afterwards. Clay mask gets rid of that tired feeling skin can sometimes have.

Tones an tightens. Actually the jury is out on this one. Some say it does others say it's just the effect if the clay drying on your skin. Either way I love the sensation of my skin being toned and tighter. Even if it might be psychosomatic.

Detoxes. I can't believe in the age of the green smoothies and lemon diets no-one has jumped on the detoxing attributes of the classic clay mask. Clays are full of negative ions which exchange with the positive ions in your skin to leave you feeling recharged. A bit like those salt lamps and other neat gadgets. The result is that your skin feels instantly fresher. Many clays also have the ability to draw excess oil from the skin and leave it hydrated but non-oily. What a great way to get city smog off your skin.

Natural ingredient. There's only one source of clay and that's mother nature. It's complete beauty treatment in and of itself but can be made more luxurious with the addition of oils, floral waters, essential oils and other nourishing substances. I love the earthy smell of a good clay as I mix it.

I use my pink clay daily. As it's a modified kaolin it doesn't dry or overwork my skin and feels so soothing at the end of the day. After 5 consequecutive days of clay masks in the evening my skin feels baby, smooth, glows and is toned and hydrated. Since I bought it in bulk I can also indulge in a full body clay mask every week too. How day spa am I?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I still love clay masks, nothing could ever replace this treatment to me, it's just nice and relaxing plus you actually feel like your doing something good for the skin.

I am a huge fan of Dr Lewinns anti-aging mask for it's instant benefits. It really gives the skin a beautiful glow, smooths, and reduces the look of fine lines and the affects are long enough to last the whole day.

I will have to give pink clay a shot, where do you purchase yours?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
jiawen xu
5% products discount

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one Borghese green clay mask online last month and just got it several days ago. I could't wait to try it on my boyfriend's face as soon as I got it.
after applying it, my boyfriend said it hurted a bit, but didn't last long. 15 minutes later he washed the mask off, and I could see the black head all come out and can easily be picked out (We used to use needle to pick them out!)
and the face toner looks much fair. I love it!
Btw, the sponge coming along with the mask is very helpful.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Borghese green clay mask but after used my face is very dry. May be it is only suitable for oily skin.

jiawen xu wrote:
I bought one Borghese green clay mask online last month and just got it several days ago. I could't wait to try it on my boyfriend's face as soon as I got it.
after applying it, my boyfriend said it hurted a bit, but didn't last long. 15 minutes later he washed the mask off, and I could see the black head all come out and can easily be picked out (We used to use needle to pick them out!)

5% products discount

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:06 am      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
I tried the Borghese green clay mask but after used my face is very dry. May be it is only suitable for oily skin.

jiawen xu wrote:

the green one is for oily skin, try the pink one instead.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
wailanf wrote:
beauty mask wrote:

jiawen xu wrote:

the green one is for oily skin, try the pink one instead.

Thanks, I will try the pink next time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I bought the pink from amazon. Looking forward to giving this a go. It came to around $40 with shipping. If I spent more time I may have found it cheaper. It's 17.6 oz. so that should last a while using it just on the face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Yay to clay! Simple clay masks from pink clay, green clay, dead sea clay, rhausoul clay.... They are all so great! Easy to buy in bulk and have for regular use. I learned about doing this in a DIY thread here and used the recommended resources to get a great deal on a bag of green clay.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
butterflyrainbow, what do you mix the clay with?

butterflyrainbow wrote:
Yay to clay! Simple clay masks from pink clay, green clay, dead sea clay, rhausoul clay.... They are all so great! Easy to buy in bulk and have for regular use. I learned about doing this in a DIY thread here and used the recommended resources to get a great deal on a bag of green clay.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
NotMeNotYou wrote:
This isn't for a particular brand but for an old faithful that's been lost in the mire of the latest and greatest. Once upon a time nearly all masks were some form of clay, they toned, tightened and gave the skin a jolly good clean. Then, glycolic acid and friends hit the market and the clays were dumped in favour of resurfacing.

But I've rediscovered the revitalizing effect clay based masks can have. I'm using Kaolin that's been enriched with iron oxides. There are many different varieties of clay that all do different things. Here's why I'm loving my pink clay....

It boosts surface circulation. One of the immediate effects of a clay mask is that it stimulates the blood circulation in the skin. My skin glows and is pink and dewy after a clay mask.

Re-mineralizes the skin. The humble clay is a fantastic cocktail of essential minerals which leave your skin super soft and feeling nourished afterwards. Clay mask gets rid of that tired feeling skin can sometimes have.

Tones an tightens. Actually the jury is out on this one. Some say it does others say it's just the effect if the clay drying on your skin. Either way I love the sensation of my skin being toned and tighter. Even if it might be psychosomatic.

Detoxes. I can't believe in the age of the green smoothies and lemon diets no-one has jumped on the detoxing attributes of the classic clay mask. Clays are full of negative ions which exchange with the positive ions in your skin to leave you feeling recharged. A bit like those salt lamps and other neat gadgets. The result is that your skin feels instantly fresher. Many clays also have the ability to draw excess oil from the skin and leave it hydrated but non-oily. What a great way to get city smog off your skin.

Natural ingredient. There's only one source of clay and that's mother nature. It's complete beauty treatment in and of itself but can be made more luxurious with the addition of oils, floral waters, essential oils and other nourishing substances. I love the earthy smell of a good clay as I mix it.

I use my pink clay daily. As it's a modified kaolin it doesn't dry or overwork my skin and feels so soothing at the end of the day. After 5 consequecutive days of clay masks in the evening my skin feels baby, smooth, glows and is toned and hydrated. Since I bought it in bulk I can also indulge in a full body clay mask every week too. How day spa am I?

Where do you get yours?
Do you know if Aztec healing clay is just as good?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc, you can buy various kinds of clay in bulk from http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/ either from the USA or Canada.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Clays fall into basic categories. Heres a wesite that explains all about the various clays and what they do.

http://www.aboutclay.com/clay_info.htm

Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:29 am      Reply with quote
The website mentioned by russiansunshine has both australian and french pink clay. Has anyone tried both and preferred one over the other?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:40 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
oasisjc, you can buy various kinds of clay in bulk from http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/ either from the USA or Canada.

I forgot to mention, it has also stores in the UK and Australia.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 am      Reply with quote
The Australian pink clay is the one I use. Its a composite product, white kaolin thats had iron oxide mixed into it. I believe the french one is a naturally occuring pink clay.

The Australian pink clay is a great clay but turns a deep shade of red once mixed wih liquid and will stain everything it touches, although not permanently. It comes out just fine in the wash.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:49 am      Reply with quote
NotMeNotYou wrote:
The Australian pink clay is the one I use. Its a composite product, white kaolin thats had iron oxide mixed into it. I believe the french one is a naturally occuring pink clay.

The Australian pink clay is a great clay but turns a deep shade of red once mixed wih liquid and will stain everything it touches, although not permanently. It comes out just fine in the wash.

Thanks for your reply. I reply appreciate it Laughing I'm really tempted to try!
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Cool, thanks for the clay info site. An article caught my eye "Why do People eat Dirt?". My ex-mother-in-law apparently craved dirt when she was pregnant, and this article talks about exactly that.

"The dirt cannot be dirty," !

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Annas
5% products discount

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I use French clay mask as it is high in minerals content thus exfoliates my skin. And moreover I have got oily skin and clay masks are best for oily skin.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
@RussianSunshine

I usually just mix it with water. I find the clay so powerful, it just pulls the bad stuff out. If I am breaking out, I'll add a few drops of tea tree oil. Sometimes I'll use toner instead of water, but mostly just water and a few drops of tea tree.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |