Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best DIY lotion/serum/cream for very creepy neck skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sonja

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I hope somebody is more knowledgeable than I am, because I just cannot find the answer. there are too many posts to check out and I do not have so much spare time, although I will try to read as much as I can,

I am 53 and have very bad sun-damage on the skin on my neck.
I have looked over all of the different DIY recipes, but am confused.

Does anybody have any opinion as what is the BEST (or at least one of the most beneficial and helpful) DIY lotion or serum or cream, that can help a very bad WRINKLED and CREEPY skin on the neck?? Crying or Very sad
redtigerwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
frankly, the best DIY i ever did is a yogurt mask.

and it's ridiculously easy and cheap.

spoonful or 2 of whole fat organic plain yogurt
spoonful of honey
mix and smear it on. let it dry, it will feel tight. sleep it in if possible. if not, wash it off after and hour or 2.

it really is amazing for me, but not everybody responds to lactic acid. i love it.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Olive oil hands down is the best and cheapest DIY product for dry skin I have found.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:53 am      Reply with quote
For sun damage I think it's best to go for products with lots of vitamin A in it, get a good amount of antioxidants in, and round it off with moisturizing oils. At least that's what I do, and it takes a few weeks to see the results but my lines are definitely less deep and skin feels thicker and stronger, so I must be doing something right. But I'm no expert and what works for me (50, fair skin with freckles, sun damage and aging issues) may not work for you at all.

At night I use a home made oily serum, made of rosehip seed oil (a real MUST for older skin, I think), avocado oil, buckthorn oil, and a vit. ACE dispersion (with some essential oils added for other issues).
During the day I use a semi-DIY cream made of Nivea mixed with avocado oil, rosehip seed oil, green tea extract, grape seed extract, yam extract and CoQ10. For amounts please do your research on sites like Skin Actives and Bulk Actives, there you can also find other possible stuff that may be useful for your skin condition.

And very, very important: make sure you use a sun screen with the highest SPF you can find. Also, massage and/or dry brush. That will help to thicken your skin and lessen the crepe look.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 am      Reply with quote
What products or techniques have you tried already/ are using at present? Is your lack of spare time stopping you from achieving a healthy lifestyle? Please do not adulterate commercial beauty products unless you have done plenty of research; the preservatives can be rendered ineffective or ingredients can react in unexpected ways. There are companies selling cream bases designed to allow a certain amount of actives or oils added.

TBH it's difficult to achieve a dramatic change with a topical product alone, but you will get the best results applying actives to skin that has been thoroughly exfoliated. A weekly light lactic acid peel is hydrating as well as exfoliating, and may have some impact on hyper pigmentation over time. Rosehip seed oil is lovely to use and research suggests it can be beneficial for sun damage and ageing. I don't find oils alone absorb as well on my neck as my face, but emulsifying in the hand with a simple hyaluronic acid serum is very effective. If you want to get more technical you might add oil soluble form of vitamin C to the rosehip oil (already rich in A & E) and Matrixyl 3000 to the HA serum to help boost collagen production.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Carolhardin
5% products discount

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Oliv oil, Aloe Vera gel are natural DIY to take care of skin.
Carolhardin
5% products discount

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
sonja wrote:
I hope somebody is more knowledgeable than I am, because I just cannot find the answer. there are too many posts to check out and I do not have so much spare time, although I will try to read as much as I can,

I am 53 and have very bad sun-damage on the skin on my neck.
I have looked over all of the different DIY recipes, but am confused.

Does anybody have any opinion as what is the BEST (or at least one of the most beneficial and helpful) DIY lotion or serum or cream, that can help a very bad WRINKLED and CREEPY skin on the neck?? Crying or Very sad

Drink plenty of water, daily practice of yoga, use Aloe Vera gel and having proper nutritious diet help a lot to get the good skin. This will also be effective for the problem of wrinkles.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |