Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do fillers help with slight pouches around the mouth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
What say you? Does plumping up that area with Juvaderm or Restalayne help with slight droopiness below the corners of the mouth?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:39 am      Reply with quote
With things like fillers and Botox, you really need a consultation with a dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon. Maybe if you posted a photo one of the more experienced forum members would be able to advise? What do you mean by droopiness, the early signs of jowls? Are the muscles that turn the corner of the mouth down overactive or are other muscles in your face weakening and allowing the skin to sag? Is there associated loss of volume?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. If there is a hollow it can be filled. You do have to be careful in this area as it can accentuate the problem. My injector used to actually inject right into the join of the lips (corners) when Ihad my lips done and this sort of helped the lip area turn up a little!

Also sometimes if you have the cheeks filled it actually lifts the NL folds and the mouth area a little. Its a tricky area. A good injector is the most important thing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've never had any luck with this procedure, and I've had it done a few times. The before and after photos in the clinic's office always get me sucked in and I give it another try. However, I always feel that the filler gets injected in the wrong spot and my pouches look even worse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:14 am      Reply with quote
If the corners turn down, then botox can help on the jaw muscle to "lift" them back up or relax the lower mouth/corner area. I had it done and it worked perfectly with only 8-10 units.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I see I misstated my question. I should have used "pouches" rather than "droopiness". A simple facial exercise fixed the droopy corners.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Radio frequency supposedly eliminates fat under the skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |