Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Apple cider vinegar
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered some ACV tablets I can't stand the taste so rablets are probably gonna be better for me.

They are supposed to help with weight control/loss anyone experienced this?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I take them daily, but I haven't noticed they help with that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've downed shots of organic ACV and I think it does help in losing weight. Just do it right before each meal. Many trainers and body builders suggest this..and research supports that it breaks down carbs..or starches.
Also..consider taking tonolin CLA...studies show it burned fat in non dieting non exercising women. I've taken that also and lost weight recently.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Shots!?? Like straight? How can you stand it? And isn't that bad for your teeth, and even going down?

Capsules sound like a good way to go... whatever it does weight-wise its supposed to help with the ph balance of the body which is good for overall heath, guarding against cancers etc. I've been meaning to incorporate it besides just on salads, but even diluted in water its so unpleasant.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
missunflower
5% products discount

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I had a acid reflux problem some months ago and my doctor prescribed me something. I read that al long term the medicine would prevent me to absorb my nutrients so I decided to go in a natural way. Im taking organic apple cider vinegar diluted in hot water and some manuka honey (I drink it by a staw) 30 minutes before my dinner and I never had acid reflux again. I also bought the pills but they dont work so good.I dont know if it had any effect on my weight because Im trying not to loose any ( I need all I have).
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:08 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Shots!?? Like straight? How can you stand it? And isn't that bad for your teeth, and even going down?

Capsules sound like a good way to go... whatever it does weight-wise its supposed to help with the ph balance of the body which is good for overall heath, guarding against cancers etc. I've been meaning to incorporate it besides just on salads, but even diluted in water its so unpleasant.

Yeah..I have a little shot glass..and bang! down the hatch. It really doesn't touch my teeth..for me it is a quick way to get it done. Also..I don't mind the taste..but if you do..try it..it is fast and overwith.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I tried to drink it diluted in a glass of water but urgh such a horrible taste I've never tried it as a salad dressing would imagine it might ruin the food, I just can't stand it.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I'll give it a shot! (see what I did there? lol). With honey, its much more tolerable and would make it easier on the throat, so maybe a combo..

Most salad dressings incorporate some form of vinegar, so mixed with other herbs etc, its actually really good! I believe that only a tablespoon a day is necesssary, which isn't all too much.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
There's a woman where I work who drinks shots of any vinegar that's available before eating usually the malt brown vinegar, I tried but can not tolerate the taste plus it's really bad if it touches your teeth, I only do it with ACV but I guess any kind of vinegar should work in theory.

hotdocgirl,
I'm really interested in the tonolin CLA you mentioned have you used it yourself what amounts should be taken ?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
missunflower wrote:
I had a acid reflux problem some months ago and my doctor prescribed me something. I read that al long term the medicine would prevent me to absorb my nutrients so I decided to go in a natural way. Im taking organic apple cider vinegar diluted in hot water and some manuka honey (I drink it by a staw) 30 minutes before my dinner and I never had acid reflux again. I also bought the pills but they dont work so good.I dont know if it had any effect on my weight because Im trying not to loose any ( I need all I have).

I know someone who drinks a glass of ACV with honey just like you do missunflower and I've been meaning to try this. I don't like to drink before a meal, but I may try it between meals or maybe first thing in the morning. I don't have acid reflux but I do know ACV is good for you. It's alkaline-causing and therefore disease preventative. My brother drinks lemon juice in warm water every morning--something I'd also like to get into the habit of doing.

flick24 as the song goes, ♫Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down♪ so maybe the recipe suggested by missunflower might be one way to get this to go down, huh?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
What if you rinse out your mouth with water after you do a shot of ACV? Would your teeth be ok then? I've done this before, but, it's been a while now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Take two CLA soft gels before each meal... the trademark brand Tonolin was used in the study..but there are others out there also... Walmart has them..GNC has them...or you could order online to get a good price.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Mars, I should think your teeth would be fine if you rinsed or if you didn't. I mean, oil and vinegar as a salad dressing is as common as salt, so I don't think it's as "dangerous" for teeth as some would have you think. I mean, there are many acidic things we put in our mouths so ACV wouldn't be a first.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:42 am      Reply with quote
A capful of ACV helps with heartburn as well!
carrie99664

Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
ACV is really helpful...but the taste of different brands varies greatly, even Organic Ciders...the mildest I've found is spectrum...don't know if it's ok to post that here...but even braggs is not palatible for me...good luck in your quest for better health!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |