Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

facial exercises for a beginner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Prettycurls

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
No worries TheresaMary Hopfully this will go through Shock I wrote out the 1st one and it did not go. Anyway yes I love Gua Sha, I do it daily or at least 3 times a week. Since I have been doing it, I do see a difference in my skin. More lift, firmness, more tone in neck by a little, no more laugh lines and no puffiness in my face. Very Happy . I am so happy about that! I was even wondering if facial exercises is necessary? Thanks for posting the links since I am unable to.

I did finally hear back from Patricia, she answered my questions she is kind of dry. I learned her books have been on back order but I should get my order soon. Anway they do not post before and afters due to privacy she said.
I got CFF in the mail last night but now I am not motivated to do her's. After looking at her live on FB she looks a little to tight. I wonder is that is just from exercising? I guess it is ok seeing she is in her 80's. Or maybe she over works now?

I took a look at the Face Yoga Method by Fimiko they have such a different philosophy when it comes to face exercises. She looks good for her age but I notice the neck area on many of the clients is not as tight as some of the other trainers like Carolyn for example and Carol Maggio. Just a observation. I will most likely do a combination like many of the people here in this group.

Thanks again and happyfacercise! Very Happy
carolynCFF

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pretty Curls! Carolyn here. You are absolutely right that the CFF Gua Sha does not follow along with Chinese medicine. The CFF Gua Sha is electrified and is addressing the fascia to smooth the skin, with vibration and microcurrent, heat to help penetrate skin care products deeper into the skin and red-light therapy to even out skin tone and lessen hyperpigmentation. The Gua Sha shape was chosen for the way it conforms to the shape of the body. You can read about the CFF Gua Sha on my blog on my website. The Gua Sha is older than Acupuncture, I’m told, and the one used in Chinese medicine is usually jade or quartz and is used to scrape the body by pulling up the petechiae. This is why the Gua Sha we use is called the “CFF Gua Sha”, so as not to confuse it with the ancient Gua Sha method of scraping the skin. Just wanted to clarify this for all of you. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Carolyn, with PrettyCurls suggestion is there any benefit to reducing the speed of your movements so it kind of ties in with the original gua sha procedures she mentioned? Also with what you are saying, is this also why you dont start at the back as per the original. Is it only for fascia as I thought the exercises would also impact the fascia?
carolynCFF

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TM! The speed of the movement for the electrified CFF Gua Sha is so different than the ancient art of the Gua Sha that you, Pretty Curls are using - they are not comparable. As I understand it, the ancient Gua Sha method is scraping the skin to bring up the petechiae and address the lymph system and more. The electrified CFF Gua Sha has nothing to do with this “method”. It is working on the skin in a different way, as described in my earlier post. The CFF Gua Sha is a modern tool using the ancient shape of the Gua Sha to make the experience easy to apply. With the CFF Gua Sha, we start at the front of the neck. You must be sure you work all of the neck in order to have good results for the face with facial exercises, btw. You can go and check out the blogs and FAQs on the Carolyn’s Facial Fitness website if you wish to learn more. And, yes, of course, facial exercises also impact the fascia. I also have a blog about that! LOL! My latest blog is all about this electrified CFF Gua Sha and explains everything in detail with links and footnotes to the scientific articles, of course.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I think there will no doubt be confusion as you have called it "CFF Gua Sha" so people may mistakeningly think it is related to Gua Sha whereas it clearly isnt.

I don't know if you read Pretty Curls message fully but she clearly explains there are differences between face and body gua sha.

I note you start at the front of the neck (whereas Pretty Curls mentions traditional Gua Sha starts at the back and its clearly a widely known practice in Gua Sha circles). What is the reason for this?
carolynCFF

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi TM! Thank you for your interest in the CFF Gua Sha! As you probably know, the muscles in the face attach differently than the muscles in the body. In the body they attach mostly bone to bone so you can easily isolate and work your biceps, for example. In the face, the muscles attach one end into a bone and the other end into another muscle or through the skin. Of course, this means if you work one part of your face, you are also engaging other parts, naturally. In fact, it’s my understanding that you must work the front of the neck in order to lift hooded eyelids easily. CFF starts with the front of the neck for convenience. Just as you can work your face exercises in groups or individually in any order you wish, the same is true for the CFF Gua Sha. Please visit the CFF blog on the website for an in depth explanation.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |