Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
The Ultimate Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
caserina69
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I was just wondering what is the ultimate foundation? I currently use Bare Escentuals, and I do like it however it tends to dry my skin a bit and doesn't stand through sweat. I am using it with the mineral veil too.
I really want a foundation that:
I can put on, in one coat and it will last right throughout the day without melting off. I don't want to use primers.
I want it to have high coverage, I like my skin to look perfect.
I want it to look dewy.
I want it to not make me break out or turn into an oil slick.
Any suggestions? Very Happy
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I don't have the answer but I hope somebody out there does. I'd really like to know too. Very Happy
I was thinking about trying BE but seeing how most people say it accentuates pores and makes your skin look shiny, combined with my recent Bisque experience, I'm not so keen to try it now. I also like to make my skin look as perfect as possible and that is not easy to do with blemishes. Some of the foundations I've tried are ok, I often find that my problem lies with the pressed/loose powder and concealers I use. After applying my concealer and powder I tend to end up looking caked in make-up. OK, I am caked in make-up but it doesn't mean I want other people to see that I am. Razz
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:33 am      Reply with quote
hmm I like the Lancome colour ID or whatever it's called. Laughing Good staying power and good coverage. Clinique do one a step or two down from the waterproof stuff that covers scars!

When I wanted to get a full coverage foundation from MAC the guy advised me against it because of my skin texture etc, he advised going for the lightest coverage you can get away with so it doesn't look like a mask.

Best bet is see if you can a load of samples and see what works for you. Wink
Mabsy

Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Well Jane Iredale Pressed Base fits the bill on all counts provided that you spritz it to set it after you apply. The only thing I'm not sure of is the sweat - I guess it depends on how much sweat we're talking. It was really hot today (it was cupposed to be cooler but the weather forecast got it wrong - now there's a surprise! Rolling Eyes ) and I was stuck wearing my jeans and long sleeve shirt. Had no choice but to take a table in the sun at lunch so I did sweat a fair bit (it's also quite humid as it's rained the last three days or so) and my makeup looked fine afterwards.
caserina69
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:59 am      Reply with quote
So is the pressed, basically a hard powder that I apply with a sponge? Does it provide excellent coverage?
Mabsy

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:54 am      Reply with quote
It's like a pressed powder but with more pigment plus it's minerals as well. I apply it with a brush but you can apply it with a sponge for better coverage. The coverage is buildable but I have never tried to go for really heave coverage. If you do I would suggest that you need to set it with a spray of some sort (which is what I do anyway).
DebL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabs, me again.. Rolling Eyes

When you say "spritz it afterwards" what do you mean ? is there another product to set the powder with ?
sorry if this is a dumb Q Embarassed

Deb.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm not mabsy, but kinda. JI has the Balance and D20 sprays that you mist your face with to freshen up the powder. If you put it on too heavily it's a great "fix" Also great if you want a more dewey look as JI tends to be more matte than the BE
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I would really recommend ERA aerosol foundation - it is my foundation holy grail, my all time favourite (Lancome Photogenic comes in second place). The coverage is buildable so you can go from sheer to full, the finish is beautiful - an airbrushed dewy totally flawless effect. And it absolutely does not budge all day until you cleanse in the evening. It was designed for cosmetic surgery patients to use so it is also very gentle on your skin (I have dry/sensitive skin).

The only negative is the price - I'm in the UK and its about £45 for a 75ml can here, I think it is cheaper in the US though. I think it is definately worth every penny.

You can get more info from their website -www.classifiedcosmetics.com

Hope that helps Smile
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
a question about that happybunny

how far away do you hold it? wouldn't it get on your hair mouth etc?
Allicsirp
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the BE, too and like some of you have stated, it accentuated my pores and found that once I went over it with the mineral veil, it helped....some! Then by accident my luggage was lost overnight for a weekend trip and I picked up a really cheap loose powder at WalMart that has been a god-send. It's plan old Coty powder. I think the real trick has been to mix the BE with the Coty and it's perfect. I apply with the BE brushes that cost me a fortune, but worth it! I try to keep the under eyes dewey by using my Obagi undereye cream and a concealer stick and use the concealer brush to blend. My skin can tend to be oily so this Coty powder gives it a nice balance. Everything else seems to melt away in few hours. This has proved to be a long lasting, all day makeup for me.
lu parneau

Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i use bare minerals. after the foundation i use a washcloth on my cheeks and wipe the powder completely off. this give my skin a more natural look. then i put a little bit of moisturizer on my cheeks. people are always commenting on how natural my skin looks. i'm sure its cause i wipe part of it off!

i'm looking for a moisturing with NO glycerin. does anyone know of one? thanks, Lu
Mabsy

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
DebL wrote:
Hey Mabs, me again.. Rolling Eyes

When you say "spritz it afterwards" what do you mean ? is there another product to set the powder with ?
sorry if this is a dumb Q Embarassed

Deb.

I'm using the Jane Iredale D2O spray at the moment but you're basically looking to wet the mineral powder on your face to make it look more natural and less like you have powder on your face - and also to give your face a bit of moisture. You can do this with any face spritzer really. After my JI D2O runs out I will probably use the Jurlique Rosewater spray I have before going back to the JI.
Mabsy

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
lu parneau wrote:
hi, i use bare minerals. after the foundation i use a washcloth on my cheeks and wipe the powder completely off. this give my skin a more natural look.

Hmmm.... but doesn't that mean that you don't need to be wearing foundation at all then? Or at least not on your cheeks? Question Very Happy
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:17 am      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
a question about that happybunny

how far away do you hold it? wouldn't it get on your hair mouth etc?

I put a hairband on before applying (comes in with the foundation) so it doesn't get on my hair. Obviously I shut my eyes and mouth too so if a little bit goes on I just blend it in and use it as eye/lip base Smile

To apply I hold it about 6 iches away from my face then swirl the can around in a kind of 'S' shape. It takes a couple of goes to get the technique the first time you use it then after that you can put your foundation on in seconds.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |