Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Your results with radio frequency for fat in the face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a plastic surgeon who suggested that I have radio frequency to eliminate the fat above the nasolabial folds, then using fillers slightly above the area closer to the cheekbones for lift and smoothing. That fat now casts a shadow and I don't really have a deep wrinkle as many do.

I expressed surprise because it seems so many these days are using fat and fillers to plump up the face. He said. "You want fat and lift in the upper, outer portions of your face by the cheekbones, not toward the nose." By using radio frequency, he'd shrink the fat pad that has slipped down toward my nose and mouth, while putting a bit of filler above it closer to the cheekbone to give me a smooth look.

I was fully expecting him to say I needed a midface lift but this is a much cheaper alternative. He said they are doing a lot of things with filler and lasers these days that they used to do surgery for.

I looked at some photos of European actresses when they were young, so not likely to have had anything done decades ago, unlike their US counterparts. They have a rather flat area from nose to cheekbone, not a full, puffy one. Of course, perhaps it depends on the person.

I found this website with lots of information. http://www.lipotherapeia.com/lipotherapeia-cellulite-london/the-most-advanced-radiofrequency-treatment-in-london-for-non.html
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
bumping
Aeonios
5% products discount

Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:10 am      Reply with quote
"RF" is basically code for 'microwaves'. I'm afraid microwaves don't work the same as liposuction.

Really not trying to be a downer but this guy is selling you snake oil Confused

Also, if you would need 'fillers' after your 'fat removal', then why not just move it from one place to the other? It really doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about, and I strongly suggest getting a second opinion before you get too knife happy. Surgery is really hard to undo if you get it wrong Neutral
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Did you read the information in that link?

Because I don't have a lot of fat in my face, I'm guessing he's doing this for a more subtle change to slightly flatten that area. I have good cheekbones. I got filler on my last visit so any he would use would be what's left over from that visit to touch up tiny areas if needed. Perhaps it would be too invasive to suck out the fat and reinject it higher up for the small amount needed. I've had fat injections from him in the past so he knows what he is doing. He is also doing another procedure on me at the same time and the RF is a freebie. I have been going to this plastic surgeon for years (as have several friends) and trust him. He always takes a conservative, natural looking approach. However, I will ask him why he prefers RF to fat injections, just out of curiosity.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I know this is somewhat off topic, but have you tried Tanaka massage? Some people report that it has reduced their NL lines and it's far less invasive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Is it similar to STOP?

SoftSkin wrote:
I saw a plastic surgeon who suggested that I have radio frequency to eliminate the fat above the nasolabial folds, then using fillers slightly above the area closer to the cheekbones for lift and smoothing. That fat now casts a shadow and I don't really have a deep wrinkle as many do.

I expressed surprise because it seems so many these days are using fat and fillers to plump up the face. He said. "You want fat and lift in the upper, outer portions of your face by the cheekbones, not toward the nose." By using radio frequency, he'd shrink the fat pad that has slipped down toward my nose and mouth, while putting a bit of filler above it closer to the cheekbone to give me a smooth look.

I was fully expecting him to say I needed a midface lift but this is a much cheaper alternative. He said they are doing a lot of things with filler and lasers these days that they used to do surgery for.

I looked at some photos of European actresses when they were young, so not likely to have had anything done decades ago, unlike their US counterparts. They have a rather flat area from nose to cheekbone, not a full, puffy one. Of course, perhaps it depends on the person.

I found this website with lots of information. http://www.lipotherapeia.com/lipotherapeia-cellulite-london/the-most-advanced-radiofrequency-treatment-in-london-for-non.html
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
UPDATE: It's been a year since my first treatment on the right side of my face where I had more fat than the left side, which emphasized asymmetry. I was so pleased with the result that I just had the other side treated yesterday. I forgot how easy it was!

First my plastic surgeon marked off the area of my cheek to the side of the nose where the fat pad was, as well as a small area near the corner of my mouth where I had a bit of fat that was sagging. In the past, I had filler placed to get rid of the fold and shadow.

Then I sat back in the chair (like a dental chair). The doc injected lidocaine or some numbing agent. Then he used a machine (don't know the name) that he operated with a foot pedal and you could hear the clicks. A needle penetrated the skin and the radio frequency caused the skin to heat up which liquified the fat underneath. He squeezed and massaged the area to break up the fad pad.

He frequently stopped to measure the skin temperature by shining a small red light. He was looking to hit a target temperature each time. He said they are coming out with a newer device with the thermometer thing built in so it would be more accurate.

After about ten minutes or so he was done. I held gauze to my cheek to prevent bruising. He said he has used this technique successfully with jowls and neck to melt the fat and tighten the skin. My neck skin is a bit loose but he said I wouldn't be a good candidate because I don't have any fat there. He also said he will be taking part in a study using the device on other parts of the body. I don't know if it's an FDA study or what.

I got a special "frequent flyer" rate because I am a long time patient. Normally I think the cost is $500. That's what I used to spend on filler but this radio frequency is permanent. I may still need filler once the area flattens out but far, far less.

I drove myself home since I had no drugs or painkillers (he did let me sit a few minutes with an ice pack before I left). Today the area is firm from the swelling and slightly pink but not much of a difference. It takes about two 1/2 to three months for the final result as the body reabsorbs the fat and fluids. A gradual process so most people won't notice anything. Can't wait for February!

If you don't mind traveling to Beverly Hills, I will give you the name of the doctor if you PM me. I plan to go back for fat injections on my hands in a few weeks if I can afford it.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention that I asked him if what he did was Thermage. He said both techniques use radio frequency but that was the only way in which they were similar.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Just now I was sitting in front of the computer and got an itchy nose as I was about to sneeze. To stop it I kind of wiggled my nose a la I Dream of Jeannie and could feel that the section of my face was still sore today. I expect that for a few more days, as well as the general swelling. Still not really noticeable.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Softskin,

Is the link you pasted a link to where you had the treatment done?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
No. That was in the early stages when I was learning about the procedure then heard my doc did it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |