Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

has anybody *not* had results with face exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
redtigerwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:11 am      Reply with quote
there are so many threads on which exercises to do, etc.

has anyone done face exercises and feel it yields little to no results?
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think most people see some effect. I became gaunt through overdoing it. I now do it twice a week with better results.
redtigerwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I find that really interesting...

At first I was aggressive and pulling on my face and things. Then i felt beat up. Maybe different strategies work for different people. Maybe it really needs to be customized and takes time to figure out. I don't know.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Redtigerwoman, I think you would think differently if you didn't start with a program that was "aggressive" or that involved pulling.

I have a few friends in their 30's and 40's and 50's who are now sold of face exercises. They didn't really believe the exercises could work previously but I challenged them to do Tom's workout and pay attention to proper form, asking Tom if they didn't understand anything or browsing his forums for suggestions on how to master some of the exercises. And each of them is now a converted face exerciser! They were so skeptical but the small changes they noticed--like the 11's between their eyebrows disappearing--were so impressive to them, they couldn't get enough. Some still do Tom's program but two have decided to add other programs to Tom's and do like I do, which is have a main program and use Tom's when short of time.

I started face exercises with Eva Fraser's program and had wonderful results with it, without any contact with Eva or needing it customized. I've never heard of anyone unhappy with the changes in their faces from this program. Some people have said they found they needed more so sort out other programs, but I've never heard of anyone complaining of getting a change that was less than pleasant.

Part of why I feel comfortable recommending Tom's program is you don't have to do anything that you wouldn't normally do and you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to. There's no stretching or pulling or dragging of your skin--if that sort of thing seems scary. (Even the mouth exercise doesn't ask you to stretch your mouth; which is why I say pay attention to proper form.) And while his program seems either too simple or may not seem like it would achieve much since it's only 5 exercises or so, one just needs look at Tom to know that his program is effective. Also what many find is, in the beginning, they cannot do all the exercises as well as Tom, but persistence, patience and attention to proper form does eventually pay off and the face becomes strong enough to do the exercises as well as he does.

I hope you will come to know the success many of us who believe in face exercises have come to know. I don't believe it's OK to feel "beat up" after face exercises. You should feel more like you just had a nice gentle facial.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
redtigerwoman wrote:
Maybe it really needs to be customized and takes time to figure out. I don't know.

This is exactly the main hurdle, imo.

I will chime in as someone who has had much better results from being aggressive and "beating" up on myself. I've had much better results in increasing the fullness of my face and eliminating gauntness by taking a bodybuilding approach to facial exercises. But these good results weren't nearly as good until I understood my face and facial structure well-enough to tailor my muscles. I not only focus more on some muscles over others, but also target particular parts of my muscles. HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Who is Tom?
I'm not familiar with Tom's workout...sounds interesting though!

Is there a link or formal name of his approach so I could check it out?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Its Tom Haggerty ofwww.shapeyourface.com and its definitely worth while checking it out for sure.

I think with any program out there, you need to kind of establish a good foundation before you begin to customise and vary things and add to. My experience has been that many people though don't and as a result rush through or add to their routine and become a little over zealous and then it takes a while to figure out what is the cause of issues etc and how to undo but even then I truly believe there is always a solution to any situation presented.

The great thing about the face is that its responsive to any form of training out there, and depending on where people are starting out or what their goals are there are plenty of programs to choose from and all have benefits.

redtigerwoman wrote:
Who is Tom?
I'm not familiar with Tom's workout...sounds interesting though!

Is there a link or formal name of his approach so I could check it out?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I think some programs suit some people better than others, and that it can take a while to find the program that suits you and gives you results. I did Carole Maggio for over 2 months without any result. But then, I bought the book because people here had good results with her program! A mystery!
The program I do now gave me results very quickly. I guess the exercises and the way they interact suit my face better.

But I also do Tom's ear wiggle exercise. I think that one is a very good extra on top of any other program!
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

The program I do now gave me results very quickly. I guess the exercises and the way they interact suit my face better.

Which program is that?
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Ageless.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Just want to mention that while it may be true that some programs suit others better than others, I do think impatience has something to do with people assuming that a program isn't working.

I say this because I don't see many people with 100% success stories, but those who seem to have them are those who didn't worry about "lack of results" but as long as a program was not giving them negative results, continued to use it and give it time to make a difference.

I've shared before how my eyes went from being hooded to what they are today. The first question everyone wishing for the same asks me is "How long did it take?" There seems to be this mad rush to get to some place. Same thing when I show people images of how I went from being cone-shaped to being hourglass, or from being overweight to being slim, again "how long it took" becomes the focus of those who'd like the same.

I don't usually time anything I set out to do. If it isn't hurting me to do whatever it is that I have been led to believe can get me there, I just commit to it and put no deadline and I'm yet to be disappointed. A watched pot never boils! I started Eva's program when I didn't think there was anything wrong with me, so I wasn't watching for changes. But years later, I saw an old photo after learning that face exercises can change one's eyes, and I was floored to see that mine really changed and what I thought were my normal eyes are not the eyes I inherited. When exactly that transformation happened, I couldn't tell you. But I can tell you that I started Eva when I was 20 and it was in my 30's that it dawned on me that my eyes were indeed different from how they used to be. So obviously the change was so gradual and so inconspicuous that even I didn't see it happening. If I had only given the program a few months to work, I'd probably have not known the success I knew with it.

So if you are doing a face exercise program that seems not to be making a difference right away, and if it isn't hurting you, I propose that it may actually being making a change that will last a lifetime if you don't quit. I could go months w/o exercising my face but my eyes do not get droopy. Why? Coz easy come, easy go, I say! It took a look time to bake them into the shape they are today and so it'll take longer to undo that than if I had just gotten the results in a jiffy.

Another thing people need to understand is muscles have memory. I have been working my face since I was 20. So I could go from "uglies" to a beautiful face in 8 months. If this is the first time you're starting face exercises, YMMV.

The world has gotten into a mad rush to get results it seems and I don't know why. The speed that thrills is the speed that kills, or at least causes accidents. I personally feel anything that comes too fast can be lost just as fast. And I'm yet to see any quick fixes coming w/o problems. I am of the persuasion that we all need to learn to slow down and give our bodies (and faces) time to adjust and respond to anything new we introduce them to.

Of course, that's just my opinion. And while I may not have lived long enough to be the voice of reason on everything, I do think my track record gives me some credibility on some of the things I suggest. What's more, I don't just talk about it, I live it and have the T-shirts to prove it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Results are unavoidable but not all programs give the results one is looking for. I've tried at least 5 programs and the results are different for each.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Results are unavoidable but not all programs give the results one is looking for. I've tried at least 5 programs and the results are different for each.

sis, what exactly are you saying here. Do you use all five (or 3 or 2) to get the results you want. Say, Ageless for upper cheeks, debs for eyes forhead and neck.....? I realize there is no formular, we need to see how our faces respond to individual programs......but....any interest in giving us your routine? I've always read and respected your experience and input. As for me,I primarily use FE, but i'm sooo busy i am not as faithful as i used to be...at some point, i felt like i stared NOT seeing results, just kept aging right thru the excercises....then i became disenchanted....and then i had to get very honest and realized i would start doing the routine and inevitably get side tracked or interrupted...
and also realized i was maybe just "checking the box" and not really engaging my self or the muscle...i'm just starting up again with renewed committments so i'd love you're input tia
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |