Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Knee sag???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed just this year, that my skin is sagging above my knees. Seems to be a combo of loose skin and fat? My weight is not bad, on the slender side. Are there any tried and true ways to minimize the problem?
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I once read something in a magazine how a lady suffered from this but hers sounded extreme and bothered her so much that she had surgery!

Now I'm not sure if I am or not predisposed to this condition, but as a preventative I started using a bit of Retin-A mixed with body lotion on my knees and alternated that with a glycolic body lotion - so far no knee sag. Wink

One time when I went to see my doc to get another script for Retin-A he asked why I seemed to go through it so quickly - so I told him about the 'knee thing' - he had a chuckle and said he'd have to tell his wife about that! Maybe she had saggy or wrinkly knees or something!? Laughing
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
If you consciously draw up your kneecaps/ tighten the quads (muscles at the front of the thigh) what happens? When you say your weight is not bad, do you mean you are definitely a medically healthy weight for your height and bodyfat percentage? Do you do both cardio and intensive strength training regularly?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I don't have saggy skin around the knee but I do struggle with some sagging on the thighs. I am using No Lipo Lipo by Carole Maggio and have been greatly impressed with the results. Another member here is using this system and she has mentioned having sagging around the knees, this program is dealing with the issue nicely. You might want to check that thread. Wink
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6438234&highlight=lipo+lipo#6438234

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Using a rebounder (mini-trampoline) and dry brushing are a big help to tighten as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Increase the muscle size around your thighs (quads, hamstrings, abductors, adductors) to take up the slack and give your legs a more pleasing shape. As we age, our skin needs something to drape over.
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Im 5'5" and 125 pounds. Although I have more fat than muscle, probably ones of the reasons for the sag. I NEED a rebounder in the worst way, so very soon will be buying one.
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Good tip about the drawing the muscle up there, I am on me feet a lot at work, so can do it then. I will also try the no lipo again. Did it for a while, with my husbands help, but he was always looking for a happy ending, which is one of the reasons I gave it up.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:05 am      Reply with quote
momtofive wrote:
Im 5'5" and 125 pounds. Although I have more fat than muscle, probably ones of the reasons for the sag. I NEED a rebounder in the worst way, so very soon will be buying one.

If you have the space those bigger trampolines are fun and can work out all your muscles.
I used to have one from Walmart and you can leave them out in the winter too.

you can even do crunches and sit ups on them and you do not notice you are working out.

but I guess if it is all you have the space for, then they are prob good too.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I think I will have this problem in the future. When I was younger, I always had very muscular legs. I was into a lot of sports and now, I have stopped.
I wish I was younger again with less responsibilities Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:04 am      Reply with quote
My rebounder can slide under the bed and also fold in half with its own bag.
Good price and a sturdy product:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016BH04Q/ref=oh_o05_s00_i00_details

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Rebounder is good the lymph drainage and cellulite!! Win win situation Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a rebounder Just need to wait for it to arrive, but I have high hopes that my legs will look good again by spring time Smile
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and bought a dry brush and will be going back to the gym very soon!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |