Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favorite Moisturizing Foundation (Liquid and Mineral Powder)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to try the makeup forever HD that was suggested but what is your favorite foundation?

I like bare minerals but it is a bit drying. I get clogged pores easily especially with anything with silicones.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm always eternally looking for the perfect foundation, but alas I have not found it yet Crying or Very sad I just ordered some of the MUFE HF during the week so I have no idea how long it will take to arrive.

I do like Estee Lauder's Futurist Foundation - that one is ok but still not one I would consider a holy grail product.

I loved Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation (it was my HG product!) - however, the brand was discontinued - this sent me into a meltdown and I've never been able to find a worthy replacement since.

Sometimes I will mix some mineral powder foundation with some face oil such as my sesame seed oil and macadamia oil combo and make my own liquid foundation out of it - applying it in powder form just does not work for my skin as it too drying and matte and emphasises every flaw instead of concealing them Laughing
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:11 am      Reply with quote
i forgot to add that i need alot of coverage and i prefer the dewy look/moisturizing.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm exactly the same, need a lot of coverage and go for the dewy look Wink
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using NCN's Mineral Sheer Tint for about four years. It has decent coverage without looking like a mask and it gives a nice dewy finish which is perfect for mature age skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Fl... funny you should mention. It's suddenly quite cold for us in our neck of the woods. And dry. Got bored last night, and thought I wonder what would happen if I mixed my minerals with my Cucumber Calm.

I use bare minerals too. My hormones are changing, and I don't think my skin is as "moist" as it used to be. The minerals don't look as nice to me as they used to.

Soooo, I took a little bit of bare minerals. Maybe 1/8th tsp? And two pumps of cream. Blended and WOW!

Things I already had!

I tried it with a different cream this morning, NOT as nice. So I will try the CC for a few more days to decide for sure! I also blended some "warmth" with it. Hit the right spots for that.

I do like NCN's liquid minerals. Nice ingredients too!

And I've been using Juice Beauty's with sunscreen. Might not be as much coverage as you care for. More sheer IMO!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Glamcat good to see your ordered the HD MUFE. I want to try it but got NO idea what colour I would be. I figure something like a 118, 120, 125, 127or8 can't remember. LOL Question Confused Its so hard to get samples here. I'm usually like a 30 or 03 in most foundations so it's really gueswork.

Ive tried sooooo many foundations that Im also on the lookout for that HG product. So far whats come close is the Vitalumiere aqua from chanel and the lancome idole ultra. I have combo skin so these work better for me. I have tried the lancome regenerie lift which is quite moisturising. I would recommend it for drier skins. The Mac prolongwear is nice but the colours are no good for me. Im like NC25-30 but even then it doesnt seem quite right. Ther C.Dior nude is okay but again colours arent great for me. Laura mercier products I don't really like but the tinted moisturiser is nice (regular one) but its not great for UV protection. One product I don't mind ,which is quite underated (IMO), is the jane iredale liquid minerals. Its more like a tinted moisturiser coverage (buildable by layering) but it has so many nice ingredients and great for that everday glow and its mineral foundation so healthier for my skin on a daily basis.It takes a while to get used to the texture, which I didn't like at first, but I love it now. Its the only one where my hubby comments on how nice and natural my skin looks.

Okay Ive tried more but these ones I mentioned are in my top list of foundations.
GL
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dionie Very Happy Yeah I'm quite pale so I ordered the HD in 110 - I figure if it's too pale I'll just order a darker colour and mix together - that's if the consistency and coverage are right for me Wink I figure at this stage with a cupboard full of foundations that I cant really wear, 1 more isn't going to hurt! lol Laughing I'd read on MUA that even people with pale skin thought 110 was too dark - so who knows - everything is like a lucky-dip for me these days! hahaha... Laughing

Last summer my skin loved the Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation - but this year it hates it! Why, I have no idea! lol but the colour selection is weird, the Porcelain Ivory is very yellow so I bought the next colour up to mix with it which has pink undertones but it's so dark - very tricky foundation shade-wise.

A few years ago I bought the Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals but could never get it to work well on my skin - I love the ingredients and concept but sadly it just didnt go on my skin well and I couldnt get good coverage - it always looked patchy and dry.

I've really gotta get to a Lancome counter one day to try their foundations - I did try them in my 20's but never re-purchased - that was back in the day when everything was matte and I found their foundations very chalky and always had that ashen hue - but I'm sure things have changed Wink
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Glamcat,
I know what you mean about the Jane Iredale liquid. It does have an unuasual consistency and the coverage is more like a TM.But I have come to like it for my skin for more of an everday look. Otherwise if Im meeting up with people or going out I'll use my other stuff. Let me know how the MUFE HD goes and if you recommend it.The only negative review Ive read is that it lasts about 2 hrs and isnt very long wearing.Perhaps you can test it out. Smile I totally get what you mean about having too many foundations. My husband just can't understand my need to try so many. LOL Laughing

I must admit I'm not a fan of the Laurer mercier TM this year either. Last year I wore it alot but not so much lately. Weird hey?!The thing with lancome is I do like their foundations and the colour seems nice on me but no matter how good a foundation is if the colour ain't right then theres no point to it. With chanel I do find I need to mix 30 & 40 to get my colour. 30 is just too beige ash, as you put it.

One foundation I'm wanting to try is guerlain parure extreme. I've read some good reviews. Another is Armani lasting silk. But when I went to an armani counter I found the colour selection not that great.Again I would have to buy two and armani aint that cheap ....Ide be curious if anyone has tried these and their thoughts on them ? Smile
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I'll definitely let you know how the MUFE HD goes when I get it Wink I shall do a review - but bear in mind I have the most fickle skin ever! hahaha... Very Happy What some people love, my skin just hates and vice versa.

I too have read some reviews that say HD doesnt last so well - but I'm quite dry and I guess that for the people that didnt get longevity they may be oily or combo...!?

I'm still very much mourning the loss of Prescriptives Flawless Skin - it was perfect - it was oil-free but highly pigmented, and to be honest I always added a couple of drops of rosehip oil to it in order to apply and this gave it the best finish, very natural and dewy looking.

That is extremely weird that you too have the same thing going on with the Laura Mercier! Laughing Maybe they have reformulated? Last time I checked on the website a few weeks ago the Moisturizing Foundation had completely vanished!? So I'm hoping they are changing the formula and colour range - I had emailed them saying their lightest colour Porcelain Ivory is so yellow it makes me look jaundiced Bad Grin and that the next colour up is WAY TOO DARK for me. I had read a lot of reviews of others mentioning similar - so I really hope they are playing with the formula and colours Wink

I have no idea why I've never tried the Vitalumiere - so many people have told me I would like it if I have dry skin and prefer a dewy finish - just never got around it it Rolling Eyes Laughing
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale pressed foundation works well. Plus, it has sun protection.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah I've always liked the Jane Iredale pressed powders too, even though I stay away from powders now Sad

Glamcat not sure if you'll read this but I ordered some samples of the MUFE HD. The colours are awesome and I was so happy I didnt have to mix colours to achieve the right one. But after an hour or two it just dissapeared off my face Sad So upset. The finish was a bit too dewy looking for my combination skin as well. I think for your skin type it may work better and Im keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know when you get it and how it fares.Ill be so curious to see how different skintypes like it.

I also just ordered a couple samples of the MUFE face and body. I've heard awesome things about this too.Apparently its more of a matt finish. Im not a fan of matt and prefer a semi & natural finish. Hopefully it wont look too flat.

And before I forget don't bother to purchase guerlain. Unless you find the right colour (bad colour range) this also didnt last long on my face and my husband said it made my pores look bigger. Now I certainly don't want that. Shock

I feel so sad that I havn't found my HG yet. My Chanel and Lancome & JI are still better for now. Oh well.....the search continues.

OP how have you been going with your foundation search?I hope you don't mind me sharing this info with you.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Dionie Very Happy that's a shame the HD didnt work for you Confused

Where did you order samples from? I like the sound of being able to order some samples! Wink

Well my HD hasnt arrived yet, so hopefully it comes next week. I love a dewy finish so I am really hopeful that this foundation works for my skin. I have so much trouble finding a foundation compatible with my skin.

That's a shame about the Guerlain - I hate the colour change aspect of foundations - oompa loompa orange is not a good look on me, or most people in fact! Bad Grin
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ha..ha..ha oompa loompa orange...I mean who has orange skin, right. ?! Laughing
I think for me colour shades are the hardest as I'm usually in between. Uggh!!

I discovered this place from another forum suggestion http://www.mediamakeupstore.com/
You can order 4 samples max for free (they're just a little bit though, enough for one application at least). You just have to pay for postage, I think it was like $12.50. They've been helpful and the samples arrived within the week (from south australia-sydney). I hope the F & B is better for me.I hope you will like the HD and it is definitely dewy so you wont be dissapointed. Even my hubby said my skin looked shiny LOL. I think it would work better for normal-dry skin types.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I've heard lots of very good feedback from people on Merle Normans Ultra Foundation with HC-12. Apparently it gives a great dewey finish without looking overly so and is quite moisturizing. I have a Merle Norman in town here and thought about trying. Has anyone here tried it?

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that link Dionie Very Happy

OK so my MUFE HD arrived yesterday and I've had a little play with it but havent used it properly just yet.

The first few pumps were very watery and I was a little worried - but by about the 3rd or 4th pump it had some body to it - this is all despite shaking the bottle well before the first pump.

I got the 110 and at first I thought this was a good match but it is a little too dark for me - believe it or not. If it was more neutral and not so pink the shade being slightly too dark wouldnt be an issue. I do prefer a pink base if a neutral is not on offer as the alternative being yellow just always look off on me.

The coverage is very thin and I could see this being great for someone with absolutely perfect skin, but if you have any scarring as I do it just seems to emphasise it.

I've had a terrible time finding a replacement for my beloved HG Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation, and generally I stick to high end foundations, but about 6 months ago on a whim I found Maybelline Age Rewind Foundation on clearance - now this is the old version with the silver lid - well this is actually a pretty good foundation for $10 on my fussy skin - not perfect but it's good.

So playing around with the MUFE HD I found that it mixes pretty well with the Maybelline stuff, which in Porcelaine Ivory is a pretty good match for me but a little too pale - so the 2 foundations mixed together make the almost perfect shade and consistency for me as I find the Maybelline a little too thick and need to add a few drops of oil to anyway.

I'll do some further playing around with this stuff and see what I come up with! Laughing
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hey,

Looking for the perfect foundation is sooooooo hard isnt it? I tried the MUFE F&B too, got my samples today. Put on the best colour match and after 4 hrs (less) had just dissapeared off my face. This is very sheer too, so I dont recommend for those who want more coverage. So I have concluded MUFE is not for me.

Ive never tried maybelline? Would you recommend for oily tzone skin? I just find anything made for aging skin is usually more for drier skin types. The only drugstore brand I've ever tried is colourstay and I hated the scent...gave me headaches.Someone recommended bourjois as a good 'low end'(can I say that Wink) foundation. Same people that own chanel ...not sure??

Keep us updated on your next mufe HD play date Laughing
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I use Guerlains Parure Extreme, it's fabulous. This is the only time in my life my skin looks like a magazine cover, it even covers pigmentation admirably and trust me the foundation does not budge for 12hrs. it's liquid that dries to a powder finish. A finishing powder isn't necessary but I use one anyway. My pigmentation was 100% covered by laying the foundation down, using a concealer brush and concealer over the darker patches, then topping those concealed areas off with a stipling of foundation to lock it in. Once dry it will not rub off on anything. It isn't particularly moisturizing but you can put even a heavy moisturizer under it without affecting the foundation performance. A primer is not necessary with this foudnation unless you have really oily skin.

The rub is both the price and the colour selection. I found a perfect colour match but a lot of people have trouble. Best to visit a dept store and get both a sample and colour match before purchasing.

A little goes a verry long way so once you've paid the enormous price tag for it, at least you get a great product. Parure Extreme is their longest lasting and heaviest coverage foundation. But it looks extremely light and natural on. Excellent pore minimizing properties
and feels light on. Easy to apply and never cakes or seeps into fine lines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Hey again Dionie Wink I was surprised that I liked the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation to be honest! lol I was in a store called Gloss and saw it and the colour looked perfect for me and it was only $10 so I bought it without having any expectations. When I got it home I couldnt believe how great it was! Really good coverage - now I need a good full coverage, nothing sheer on me Wink

It's not really a hydrating foundation at all - well not on me anyway. And to be honest if I dont apply moisturizer and oil underneath it, it actually goes on very very matte. I dont get any t-zone oiliness with it either - and even though I do have quite dry skin, some foundations do give me breakthrough t-zone oilies - like the Bobbi Brown Moisturizing or Luminous foundations - a few others do it to me too.

Anyway, I was so impressed with the Maybelline foundation I went back to the shop and purchased their remaining stock the next day! lol that's hardcore right there for me! Laughing

I've stocked up by buying a bunch of bottles of it on ebay too! Bad Grin But the version of this foundation I'm talking about comes with a silver/grey coloured lid whereas the newer version comes with a red/burgundy coloured lid - and reading reviews on MUA many people who loved the silver lid version dont like the red lid version because the formula changed and many people have commented that the newer version broke them out.

What I like the most about the silver lid version is that the Porcelain Ivory is almost a perfect colour for me - whereas the newer formula it's way too dark - the new version in Porcelain Ivory is way off in colour looking more like a medium beige -- totally weird that they changed the colour so much - hence my OCD stocking up of this colour on ebay! Wink Laughing
Beach_bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I've heard lots of very good feedback from people on Merle Normans Ultra Foundation with HC-12. Apparently it gives a great dewey finish without looking overly so and is quite moisturizing. I have a Merle Norman in town here and thought about trying. Has anyone here tried it?

I use the Ultra Foundation and really like the coverage and dewy finish. I have extremely dry skin and this cream just glides right on my skin and stays on all day without drying me out even further.

I also use NCN's Mineral Sheer Tint which is also very moisturizing. It doesn't provide as much coverage as the Merle Norman, but it is silky smooth and feels fantastic on my super dry skin.
health2u
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I loved Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation (it was my HG product!) - however, the brand was discontinued - this sent me into a meltdown and I've never been able to find a worthy replacement since.

You can buy Prescriptives Foundations online now. Smile
www.prescriptives.com
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |