Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LED light therapy...does it work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm coming up on my 90 day return window for my Lightstim for Wrinkles (AALS). I like using it, it feels good and is relaxing. I see improvement in the way the backs of my hands look, there's no doubt about that (I took pics).

However, I've just seen that Hannah at Skinactives says they are useless gadgets that do nothing for your skin. I always considered her a scientist who knows what she's talking about so now I'm not sure about keeping my LS and would like your opinion.

Concerning the studies that have proven LED results, she says those were all paid for by the companies that sell the gadgets so mean nothing.

Another person on the Skinactives forum said that a health writer for the LA Times "quoted some academic researchers who said that very specific wavelengths of red and infared light may help circulation, and specific blue wavelengths have been shown to kill bacteria in the lab, but that consumer LED gadgets are typically too broad a wavelength to do much good."

Comments?
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Try going to Dr Pickert's skinsite at Skin Biology - he is an MD and he has articles which talk aobut LED therapy along with copper peptides. YOu'll get another point of view!!
DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:24 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Try going to Dr Pickert's skinsite at Skin Biology - he is an MD and he has articles which talk aobut LED therapy along with copper peptides. YOu'll get another point of view!!
DiPhx

Thanks. I did and I saw that in 2007 he said they did nothing, he was not a fan. Then a year later in 2008 I saw he was posting that they improve skin when used with CPs.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Red LED definitely speeds up would healing, my personal experience but I dont know if LEDs would produce more collagen in healthy skin in long term use, the plump appearnce of the skin which people sees after using LEDs may be due to fluid accumulation....

Also, it's true, unfortunately , that a lot of studies ( not only re LEDs) are funded by the very same companies who would profit from positive results....
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I personally feel they do work I have seen it on my own skin. I have had my Lightstim for a year now and I use it four or five times a week while watching TV at night. If your hands look better after using it how could it be useless, the proof is in the pudding.
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Jaclynaz wrote:
If your hands look better after using it how could it be useless, the proof is in the pudding.

Yes! Very Happy Thanks for sharing your personal experience with the LS.
redtigerwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I tried LED in various ways over a period of a few weeks. In the end, it was horrible for me! It cracked the corners of my mouth, dried out my skin, and make me look like a trainwreck.

So, I sold my LS, but have yet another device or two with LED. And I would happily sell those at a loss with no problems.

(BTW, any positive results were short lived, and I believe those initial results were cosmetic only from vasodialation, and not true repair.)

It is no good on my face; and I even experienced parts of my face enduring pain and tingling, hours after use.

(I even tried reducing the time, applying creams or not applying creams, then holding it further away, or moving it, etc. I experimented with it as I really wanted it to work, but it doesn't for me. Also I tried it with infrared, without, using yellow only, red only, and a combo with red/infrared/amber. None of it was good for me. My face cannot tolerate strong light and heat.)

Like all things, I think it really is individual. What works beautifully for some is wrenching for another.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I want to know the difference? can someone kind enough to give me a short brief? What can they do for our skin:

1. LED light - the technology like Baby Quasar?
2. RF - like "STOP"?

And I came across these from Hong Kong, it claims can improve collagen growth:

3. Frozen light, it claims can go deep down to your collagen
4. HGF activation of cell proliferation

Please forgive me if the above does not make sense!
QueenBofOB
5% products discount

Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I have been using my DPL Nuve Led light for the past 45 days. Two weeks ago I started using Skinkbiology Copper Serum before every treatment and my skin is so firm I cannot believe it!!! I have had peels, a laser treatment, Thermage--you name it and nothing has worked as well as Led light combined with Copper Serum. I had a hooded right eye that looked even worse due to the Botox that was incorrectly injected, the brow is now lifted, the skin looks fresh, plumped up and my eyelid is visible again. My jawline has tightened up and when I tap on my skin or try to jiggle it, it snaps back into place. Sun spots are fading and wrinkles smoothed out. All very natural looking results. I have never bought any cream or gadget that has made such a huge difference and actually been worth the money like this light. It does take time though.
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Is it Skinkbiology or Skinbiology? I want to google it and get their website address so I can look into this Copper Serum to use with my Lightstim. I am assuming any LED would work. Also I the name of the serum just Copper Serum??
QueenBofOB
5% products discount

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Sorry it's "Skinbiology" and yes the product is just called Copper Serum, invented by Dr. Loren Pickart. It comes in different strengths, so if you have sensitive skin, start with the regular one first. It helps trigger healing in skin and according to NASA, so does Led light.
(There's NO WAY that the results I have experienced are my imagination. Even men have started looking at me again when I'm out walking my dogs. Just a few months ago I looked like an old crone and now I'm back to back to looking like myself. I also take extra Vitamin C as Dr.Pickart recommends. I'm 53 yrs old).
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Do you think it would be all right to apply a retinol product like Rocs correction cream over the Copper Serum AFTER the LED treatment?
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Can someone compare the LightStim to a DPL panel unit? Is there a DPL panel that's better than LS in your opinion (setting aside the personal preference for holding a hand unit vs. sitting at a table)?

I gave my LS to my sister and want to research DPL units before I replace it b/c of the time factor. I've read that you can get the same results using a DPL for 9 min. vs. the 90 min. I was spending with my LS.

Thanks for info you can give me on the DPL (which one is best, why, etc).
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have both the Anti-aging Light Stim that was purchased from QVC about a year ago. I purchased the DPL panel months later.

The DPL panel is so much faster to use since you treat the entire face in 9 minutes or you can go the entire 17 minutes, which is what I do.

The Lightstim was taking me at least 35 minutes to treat my face.

The DPL panel has more infra-red lights than red lights. The Lightstim has more red lights than infra-red lights. Infra-red lights penetrate more deeply into the skin, so in my opinion that's a plus.
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for giving me the Hollywood Beauty price (I hate that "too low to show" stuff). Rolling Eyes Now I just have to decide if an extra 30 days to use/try it is worth $25 more (NCN price/60 day return policy vs. HB price/30 day return policy).
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
When I spoke to the people at Lightstim she told me the complete opposite that since the Lightstim goes flush to your skin that you do get better penetration than with the panels like they use at the salons where your face is further away.
ReggieD

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Jaclynaz wrote:
When I spoke to the people at Lightstim she told me the complete opposite that since the Lightstim goes flush to your skin that you do get better penetration than with the panels like they use at the salons where your face is further away.

Although the DPL directions say to put your face up to the panel, you can put the panels directly on your skin also, which it sounds like many people here do. Then you'd be getting the same penetration as LS.
redtigerwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have to give a follow up report on my LED, I found that using it once or twice a week for 2 minutes or slightly less per spot, is the ticket. that is working well for me.

i follow it up with ultrasound. it works!

everybody has to find what works for them, it's a journey, for sure.

my friend loves the lightstim that she bought from me. i had like 3 or 4 devices, that is why i sold it to her, she seemed to love it, so who am i to interupt a love affair. lol. saw her today, her sun damage has lessened, it's a marked difference. dang, maybe i should have kept it! LOL! Very Happy
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I use my AALS with Copper Peptides for the penetration the LED is suppose to give. I like the results I have, so the two must be complementing each other. I had really good results with just the CPs alone before I had bought the AALS also. I do find it helps things heal up a bit faster.

Another great use of my AALS has been using it on an arthritic finger. I had a painful bump that started showing up on a finger this past year and a dr. told me it was a mucouse cyst caused from a bone spur (ie: arthritis!!) and basically nothing could be done about it. The bump was quite big and was sitting on the first joint on my pointer finger.
-Well... the cyst has almost disappeared (along w/ the pain) and is just about as flat as surrounding skin. And this is from using the AALS on it (5 minutes at a time) about 3X/week for the past 10 months or so. I'm impressed with that alone!!

In the study that was so often cited for LEDs - the red LEDs that were taken up to space by astronauts were (I believe) taken for the purpose of healing injuries in space. They do work for that -

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
DiPhx

Correction on Dr. Pickart's background - he is not an MD, but has a PhD in biochemistry and is mainly a researcher at heart. His latest research has been using his discovery (the GHK - Copper peptide) for cancer. GHK has been found to suppress some cancer metasasis genes.

It's true that you will get differing opinions on SB's forum. They usually change their minds on some things after they get feedback from their customers. And, Dr. Pickart is not perfect in that he has opinions and will state them before doing a lot of research on a certain topic. But, a lot of people will make that same mistake.Rolling Eyes

Try reading this thread on CPs for more info:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=37752

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |