Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
foundation brush recommendations?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mollmarie
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking to purchase some good brushes...foundation and blush.
In the past some brushes have made my face feel itchy. Has anyone else had this problem?
Any recommendations on some nice brushes that are "novice friendly"?
Terihe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Prescriptives. You can see it at prescriptives.com under brushes. Very high quality brush. I have has mine for 2 years now and clean it twice a week. Has never lost any bristles.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've got some prescriptives brushes that I really like...and MAC are decent too. If you want cheap but decent in canada go to shoppers drug mart/pharmaprix and pick up their quo brushes, they're pretty good too!

If you are using a mineral foundation you should invest in one of their brushes..they seem to work better for some reason.
mollmarie
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am using JI loose mineral foundation.
Good to know that mineral brushes are worth the money you pay for them.
I will check out the others for blushes though; not happy with the way mine is covering. I don't think it picks up blush evenly.
Thanks for the tips!
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder. Make sure it's their new one(the one with the longer handle). It just came out a couple months ago to the Nordstrom stores. Bon-Macy's is just now getting there's in...not sure about other stores. I love it! Perscriptives is good too and MAC is known for their brushes, but I really like the lauder one.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Prescriptive's foundation brush. It is my favorite, especially for applying masques.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Laura Mercier brush set and it is beatiful - the brushes feel like silk - Smashbox's foundation brush is great, too- it's pan flat and doesn't absorb the foundation...Good Luck! Very Happy
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have MAC's foundation brush, it was $30 not cheap but works well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
The Giorgio Armani foundation brush is excellent - just the right length bristles. I also use the Laura Mercier blush brush. I've had this for a year now and still looks brand new. HTH
Mabsy

Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
mollmarie - for mineral foundation my choice would most definitely be the Jane Iredale Handi Brush (although the Glominerals one also looks good but I have not yet tried it). For liquid foundation I use my MAC foundation brush. For blush I'm using one of my A'Squirrel kabuki brushes.
Allicsirp
5% products discount

Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the i.d. Kabouki, short handled blush and powder brush, the maximum coverage foundation and the maximum concealer brushes, flat head eye defining and eyeliner brush, and the wet/dry shadow brush, all from the Sephora website. I just started using brushes as opposed to all other ways to apply makeup about six months ago...I don't know what I was thinking all those years. The brushes simply work miracles! Oh, I purchased the brush cleaning product from this line, too. My daughter says a mild baby shampoo works just as well.
mollmarie
5% products discount

Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the advice. I am heading to Las Vegas tomorrow and my first stop will be Sephora since I do not have any in my area. I have read several posts regarding the kabuki brushes, but was unsure about the ease of use. I will definitely check them out.
Thanks again!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |