Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Damage Control- Bruising (Oops!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well, every few years I have a serious lapse in judgement and overdo something. Whether it be abrading the heck out of my skin with some sort of exfoliant, burning it with chemicals and the like. This time I hit my would be nasolabial lines a little too agressively with a Vaculifter. I have brusing in a perfect arch on my left side, looks ridiculous. Any tips on damage control other than concealer?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Aaurgh, I know what you mean about having a lapse in judgement and overdoing!

However last year I actually took a spill on the ice and landed partially on my cheek. It seemed like everyone on here was suggesting arnica gel.
I noted that the the percentage that I got was very low and someone had said that it has to be a higher percentage to actually be effective.

I made sure that my circulation in the area was kept up, and my scarring faded fairly quickly.
Good luck!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Arnica tablets and gel (don't use gel on broken skin) do help with bruising. It seems to be individual if its going to work for you or not. IME it does help fade bruises faster.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I use emu oil on bruises most times.

Also, Hirudoid cream is often recommended by docs for bruising - I've used it in the past and it seems to work OK. You should be able to get it over the counter without a prescription, depending where you live.
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I just started doing Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo program and I'm covered in small bruises from the knuckle massage. Carole suggests taking Vitamin C Ester powder to help with bruising so I ordered some from vitacost.

Normally I use arnica gel when I get a single bruise and it helps a lot. But since my bruising now is in many places covering larger areas, and since I'm not sure how long I'll continue to bruise doing this program (until my body adjusts to it and I have no idea how long that is), I would go through arnica gel pretty quickly. So I'm going to try her Vit C Ester suggestion.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Before you have any procedure that might create bruises, stop taking aspirin and vitamin E for a few days but take vitamins K and C. I learned the hard way when I had my tear troughs filled. I looked like I'd been beaten up. I couldn't figure out why until I also started getting weird purple bruises on my fingers that went away quickly and were not sore. I researched and the culprit seemed to be too much Vitamin E. I now only take it on the weekend because it's good for the heart. The Gamma E version.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Just be gentle with yourself and conceal it. Your skin will repair on it's own. The best you can do is support your own internal healing process by leaving it alone. Or you can always try an arnica or comfrey cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I took arnica drops in water for a week before my filler and it had no effect whatsoever, unfortunately.
AmazingLife
5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about your bruising. Really, time is the best remedy. But you could also take bromelian (internally) as it is healing and anti-inflamatory. Most drugstores carry it (otc).

Other than bromelain, a greenish primer or powder can help a little to cover the bruise. Come up with a great story so if a co-worker or friend asks you can tell them how you were saving the world or something. Smile I usually say I was rock climbing in high heels. (Mandatory striaght face.)

Heal soon!
Laurie
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:12 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Arnica tablets and gel (don't use gel on broken skin) do help with bruising. It seems to be individual if its going to work for you or not. IME it does help fade bruises faster.

If you have thin blood or bruise extremely easily- you might not want to try arnica tablets.
I tried them for 1 day and had many many issues when I went to have blood taken for something the next day.

I was stuck holding my arm over 1 hour for the tiny amt of blood taken.
And left with a huge bruise too.

Aspirin does the same thing, so I can not take Arnica tablets, aspirin,garlic,ginko and a bunch other stuff.

but if you are fine, then it is ok.
I can use arnica gel and like the Vogel one as it is 50% fresh arnica.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |