Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

To anyone who has mastered Tom H's scalp exercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Specifically this if for anyone who could not do it, but mastered it after a period of trying.

I was going to ask this on the ShapeYourFace forum but it doesn't seem like that's an active forum. It seems to be where people go to ask Tom questions and then they don't come back.

In any case, I cannot wiggle my ears or move my scalp and have been trying without success. Today I found a friend/co-worker who could do it very well. I felt the muscles on the back of her head moving as she did it. They're very developed. I can't feel any muscles back there on my own head. Interestingly enough, she didn't think she could wiggle her ears and says she never moves her scalp like that, and yet she can do it so well and her occipitalis muscles are very developed. Strange! Why haven't they atrophied like mine? I'm green with envy. Wink

If there's anyone who could not do this exercise but evenually mastered it, please tell me how. I'm not even sure what to focus on since I seem to have no connection to (or control of) the occipitalis. Or if anyone who can do it has some great tips to help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
It took me a bit too. But I tried to make my hairclip move, I wear my hair tied up in a hairclip and focused on that. Then for the ears I used the old trick of letting my glasses slide down a bit down my nose and 'keeping them on' with my ears. That makes you feel where the muscles are. But it will take time and practice if you don't feel them now, just try a couple of times every day and then suddenly things will start to move!
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. I just seem to be moving other things when I'm "trying" like my nose, jaw, mouth or neck. Otherwise if nothing is moving I don't know if I'm actually accomplishing anything. I'll just keep visualizing the muscles and focusing on my ears moving and maybe eventually they will start to.

Embarassed
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer, while I was able to do the exercise the first time I tried, I have gotten better at it over time.

On Tom's forums are discussions on this exercise where people share tips on how to do it. Maybe you'll find them helpful: http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=2f13796c56c7e9da95be6c4ae865f28e

Don't despair. Many who couldn't have been able to with persistence.

Edited to add: Here's a link to an old forum which I think offered a lot more ideas on how to master the Scalp Exercise: http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/discus/messages/49/49.html?1291702465
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nonie!

I searched and read through a bunch of archived posts last night (both on the SYF site and his hair loss site). I'll read through this link too and keep at it.

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |