Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Need your help to set up my beauty regime
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CLxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:06 am      Reply with quote
I am in my thirties and have really oily skin living in a city of hot and humid weather. I dont have many wrinkles except the 1-1s on my forehead which becomes so visible due to the probleming of losing collagen as i age i guess. Now i wish my skincare routine could combat the problem of my sagging skin texture together with getting rid of the 1-1s. I wish to alternate different types of essence or serum such as vit b3, vit C etc in different nights and to also include vit a product like Avene's Eluage etc to deal with the aging problem by losing collagen. I have the following products on hand, any idea how do i combine them AM and PM? (cleansing + toning - no problem i can manage it.) I personally find the B3 serum does so good to my skin that it heals my pimples so fast, so i want to use everynight and how do i combine it with the other vit A product lije avene, can i ?

(1) Essence or serum - vit B3, vit C + absorption enhancer, ** Avene Eluage lotion,Vichy Pore resurffacing serum which has sacylic acid.

(2)Moisturiser - many since i am a skin junkie but am going to buy the Neostrata Bionic Lotion which has PHA to help clear blemishes and milia.

(3)special treatment - sleep mask one for face and one for eyes that they could be left overnight so that i dont need to put on moisturiser, Neostrata gel plus for exfoliating,

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I wish I could help you with an oily skin regime and living in a hot and humid city but I have completely opposite skin and weather. My skin is dry and I live in the Midwest where currently the weater is getting as cold as hell Laughing

But, for your 11's I really would suggest botox if that is something you're willing to try. I have 2 dimples above my eyebrows and one huge long dent between my eyes from squinting/frowning that would become ingrained in my skin if it weren't for botox and that is the ONLY thing that will stop them from doing so. No cream, serum or device in my experience will relax a muscle enough to avoid them as they will pop out eventually. My forehead is as smooth as a babies rear with botox and luckily for me, it only takes 15 units between the eyes every 6 months to accomplish it. It relaxes the center muscle just enough where it doesn't squeeze in on itself, but allows me a bit of movement where I don't look frozen. I usually can catch a $10 a unit special so $300 a year is cheap compared to some of the cash I've forked out on gadgets and potions.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I know you said you can manage cleansing and toning, but actually they are an integral part of a routine which hydrates, repairs and balances your skin. It's quite possible for skin to be oily and dehydrated simultaneously, and for over-enthusiastic cleansing to be partly or wholly responsible for oiliness. Several of the products you list are exfoliating/ irritant, which could cause inflammation if your cleanser and toner are too.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:39 am      Reply with quote
cleanser+ serum+ eye cream+ cream
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:05 am      Reply with quote
I have reservation of "sleep mask" or similar product, as your skin simply cant absorb everything at one go, so the more you put the more they become congested and can cause more clogs and outbreak especailly all nite long.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:18 am      Reply with quote
To prevent sagging I would suggest adding some facial exericse (or even Botox as bren21 suggested) - just don't think you can fight sagging by using skincare alone.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I had especially oily skin in my 30s, used the bcp for many years to treat it. I've gone off it and no longer have oily skin much but have also changed my diet/exercise/lifestyle some which may have helped. I use bhrt currently instead of the pill.

As for skincare, I use a Clarisonic to exfoliate & mostly copper peptides for collagen building. I use a Tua Trend for facial exercise. Intermittent fasting seems to have also toned my face up a lot.

NCN Pro Skincare carries a lot of good products, you really get your $$s worth:
http://ncnskincare.com/
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |