Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh...ReAura night. Not looking forward to it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany. After looking through some of the articles you posted on the epionce thread, I believe I have hyperpigmentation. And I forget the other word, it was late. So hopefully I should be safe. Although I know with my reactive skin I will be dreading treatment night just like you.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Treatment done...followed by Environ C-Quence 4, and later Epionce Medical Barrier Cream. We'll see how things look in the morning, but right now my face looks like a cherry red balloon. Sad

On a positive note, a slightly rough pigmentation spot on my jawline is sloughing off, which I attribute to a month of salicylic acid daily treatment, plus the 2 ReAura treatments. Progress is good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been starting to get comments on my skin, by friends and even just people that I see daily in the office. The funny thing is, they tell me my skin looks good and I ask why and they can't put there finger on it.

This is after 6 treatments (3 weeks) so not even halfway through. I honestly wonder how good my skin will look after 8 weeks. Or after two 8 week sessions, for that matter. How long do you guys recommend I wait before doing another 8 week session?

Love this thing! Cant say it enough. I am thrilled, and that's not something that I usually say about a product. But I guess considering how much you're paying, it better give results!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
I've been starting to get comments on my skin, by friends and even just people that I see daily in the office. The funny thing is, they tell me my skin looks good and I ask why and they can't put there finger on it.

This is after 6 treatments (3 weeks) so not even halfway through. I honestly wonder how good my skin will look after 8 weeks. Or after two 8 week sessions, for that matter. How long do you guys recommend I wait before doing another 8 week session?

Love this thing! Cant say it enough. I am thrilled, and that's not something that I usually say about a product. But I guess considering how much you're paying, it better give results!

I do 8 treatments then have a break of about two weeks and do another 8. Then I have a break of about a month and do another 16 treatments.

I admit I've been fairly aggressive with it - but my skin is looking fantastic. Much more refined and "Photoshopped" looking.

The fine wrinkles under my eyes are reduced - BUT my lip lines are still slow to respond. I think they are slightly softer, because my eyes don't immediately focus on them when I look in the mirror - but they are still there.

For me, this is the best skincare device I own.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have been following my ReAura treatment with a microcurrent treatment the next night....so 2x a week for both.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I have been following my ReAura treatment with a microcurrent treatment the next night....so 2x a week for both.

Still red and slightly puffy on Tuesday afternoon from a Sunday PM treatment sigh. I guess the microcurrent doesn't help as much as I had hoped. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

Still red and slightly puffy on Tuesday afternoon from a Sunday PM treatment sigh. I guess the microcurrent doesn't help as much as I had hoped. Sad

Wow, it effects you that badly?! I'm sorry. Sad

I did a treatment last night at 11:45pm, and woke up at 8am with a slightly pink complexion. No redness or dryness or puffiness.

This proves that everyone reacts differently I guess, however it seems unusual to have redness and puffiness from the ReAura still, 48 hours after treatment. Does it always give you that reaction?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

Wow, it effects you that badly?! I'm sorry. Sad

I did a treatment last night at 11:45pm, and woke up at 8am with a slightly pink complexion. No redness or dryness or puffiness.

This proves that everyone reacts differently I guess, however it seems unusual to have redness and puffiness from the ReAura still, 48 hours after treatment. Does it always give you that reaction?

Yep, but I am ultra fair skinned and very prone to swelling. I had to take something for swelling after I had professional Fraxel treatments, so at least this is far more tolerable. But that is why I don't do 8 weeks of treatments at a time...it is just too much misery, lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Just did my 9th treatment last night. I had to take a week off because I went on a short vacation to see family.

Last night I tried level 3 for the first time. Surprisingly it didn't hurt that much more, and the fan came on for the first time and stayed on for the rest of the treatment.

One thing I noticed, when the fan is running and you hold the device sideways, it sounds like the fan rubs up against something inside the machine and gets noisy and then once you hold it upright again it goes away. I dont really like that.

My face is more red the morning after, as opposed to level 2. And it was definitely more tingly after I treated.

I think I'll stick to level 2 for now. I don't like that fan issue. Anyone notice that when your fan comes on? Next time it does, hold it to either side and see if you can hear the fan get's noisier.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:51 am      Reply with quote
The fan comes on when the device gets heated up. I don't like the sound either, so I usually stop and put mine in the fridge for 5 minutes and it's good for another 2 or 3 zones.

In the winter this never happens, just when the temperature is over 20C, when it comes on somewhere during the forth zone.
Bluegentian
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I don't like it either when the fan comes on.. It partly masks the end of zone sound and I've 'overcooked' areas sometimes 'cos I didn't hear the sound. Never thought of putting it in the fridge! Good idea mismis
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've put mine in the freezer...definitely works.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
On another issue .. How close to your eyes do you use the Reaura? Advice is around bony area of eye.. But that is very close to eyeball, and skin there is very thin, so I haven't been doing it. But now I'm on to my second session and wondering if those bags will reduce with a bit more targeting!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Bluegentian wrote:
On another issue .. How close to your eyes do you use the Reaura? Advice is around bony area of eye.. But that is very close to eyeball, and skin there is very thin, so I haven't been doing it. But now I'm on to my second session and wondering if those bags will reduce with a bit more targeting!

I have used it right under my eye (in the hollows) but ReAura does not recommend this. I go over that area only a few times but it does make your skin under your eye look more crinkly during treatment. Mine went back to normal and looked better after my 16 treatments were over but it is a little unnerving during the series. If you have sensitive skin you may not want to do this. Only you know what your skin can take.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm getting braver now I'm on second round of treatment. Especially after I watched a TV programme where the (cosmetic) surgeon zapped his patient with laser on top of the surgical facelift, brow lift, eye bits .. The works! And no gel or after cream either!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the responses guys. Can anyone test theirs and confirm that your fan also gets noisier when you turn the device to the side?

I'm just hoping my ReAura isn't defective or something. The fan clearly gets noiser when I turn to one side and seems like it's shaky.
Bluegentian
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 I haven't noticed that noise particularly. But next session is Saturday.. The fan always comes on towards end of trestment. I will move it round in various ways to see if it makes a difference to the sound and get back to you.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I can't see how putting an electrical device in the fridge/freezer is a good idea. Condensation might form inside of it. If the device is designed to be cooled down by an internal fan during operation, why not let the fan do its job.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I can't see how putting an electrical device in the fridge/freezer is a good idea. Condensation might form inside of it. If the device is designed to be cooled down by an internal fan during operation, why not let the fan do its job.

I got to say I agree with Keliu on this one. It might not hurt the ReAura but I wouldn't personally take the chance.

ETA: If I wanted the fan to not be on if doing more then one area I would just turn it off between areas and let it sit for awhile. I know this slows down the process but that's just me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I got to say I agree with Keliu on this one. It might not hurt the ReAura but I wouldn't personally take the chance.

You may be right, but it is irritating when you are THIS close to finishing and the fan comes on. I only did it once for about 2 mins so I'm not worried, but don't think it is something one should do regularly for sure.

Btw, the fan has only ever come on when I treated multiple areas at once. My solution was to just focus on one area at a time, and you won't have the fan issue at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Keliu wrote:

ETA: If I wanted the fan to not be on if doing more then one area I would just turn it off between areas and let it sit for awhile. I know this slows down the process but that's just me.

I can't see what the problem is with the fan anyway - it's not like its a million decibels! If anything, it lets you know the device is doing its job properly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have only had the fan come on once. (I live in england!) I just ignored it. Afaik, it is a cooling mechanism that allows you to finish the treatment. Nothing to concern yourself with.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Good point about the condensation - I hope the 2 - 5 minutes has not harmed my favourite device. Soon not a problem in my neck of the woods as the ambient temperature for most of the year keeps things cool.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
How disappointing! My ReAura died right in the middle of a treatment last night. The orange light began flashing on the on/off button. I tried charging it and cleaning it but to no effect. The troubleshooting guide was no further help and suggests contacting Philips. The thing is I'm in Australia and didn't purchase it through Philips.
I'm going to call them in a few hours when they open and see if they'll help me with repairs. I'm only half way through 3 rounds and the lady I purchased from had done 1 round.
Has anyone else had any problems with their ReAura? Particularly anyone who didn't purchase through Philips.
I'll let you know what they say when I talk with them.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |