Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I was lucky, my Mother In Law bought it for me in England and when she came to visit, she brought it over in her suitcase. I love mine and I am due for another round of treatments as soon as the holidays are over. I wish they would sell it here along with the products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I am really surprised we have a tool like the reaura! We are normally so behind the States for DIY products.... thats why I love going to your drugstores...because they are full of products we cant get in the UK. Yet we have the tria and reaura....Bizarre!!!! Very Happy
Tjsinspain
5% products discount

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is ordered and in transit as we speak, cant wait to start using it, thank you Mismis for your great advise....,i would love to hear from the ladies and gents in the very early conversations back in 2011 and ask if they still recommend the ReAura?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Tjsinspain wrote:
Mine is ordered and in transit as we speak, cant wait to start using it, thank you Mismis for your great advise....,i would love to hear from the ladies and gents in the very early conversations back in 2011 and ask if they still recommend the ReAura?

I have not been using my ReAura after reading how heat can be very bad for melasma. Sad

I do think it is a quality device though, and still plan on treating my arms and chest with it.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Tjsinspain wrote:

I just finished another series with my ReAura. I still love it and would definitely recommend it
to others.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies, so glad you still recommend it, i don't know if my pigmentation is melasma or not,so hoping for the best.

Thank you again
Colettes77
5% products discount

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I am heading to London at Christmas, so I will finally get to purchase either the Reaura or the Tria (still deciding which) but I will definitely be getting one of them. I have read both topics in full and I know both seem to do the same job in a slightly different way/routine. Happy with that.

If I had to pick one thing that I dislike most on my face it’s the spider veins / redness and I am not sure if good salon IPL or one of these little Lasers would be best. Is it worth doing one good session of IPL at salon now, before I get my hands on one of these much coveted devices? Or should I just save my money and wait for a few more weeks? I did a series of cheap “Groupon IPL sessions’ a couple of years ago and it didn’t really make any difference to those pesky veins, but I realise that with IPL you get what you pay for so I am ready to invest in one good session, but figured I would seek the advice of those of you who know much more about these things than I do.

Any thoughts? All advice gratefully received!
And all advice posted prior to this gratefully digested!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I got IPL series done a few years ago and it did help remove those red lines and my freckles.

They look like brown crusty burn marks that eventually peel off.

I can't comment on Reaura or Tria. I really want one though.
I would think that getting Reaura or Tria is a great idea to help maintain those issues after you had IPL.
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:44 am      Reply with quote
ReAura/Tria are not designed to treat facial veins or redness.They are fractional lasers which target water molecules in the skin, not blood. Also they will both promote overall facial redness in the short term as they heat the skin. Having said that in my case I have noted strangely that the Reaura does slightly improve any tiny enlarged blood vessels that I have on my face at about
week 3 into a treatment cycle but the result is temporary and the vessels return during rest periods (notably during summer when I don't treat and of course when the weather is hot and so veins at their most enlarged anyway). I have no idea if the ReAura prevents new veins from forming but I suspect not. Despite all this I am a massive fan of the ReAura and consider it my best home device. For sorting hyperpigmentation issues and giving the skin radiance and youthful glow it us superb.

Colettes77 wrote:
I am heading to London at Christmas, so I will finally get to purchase either the Reaura or the Tria (still deciding which) but I will definitely be getting one of them. I have read both topics in full and I know both seem to do the same job in a slightly different way/routine. Happy with that.

If I had to pick one thing that I dislike most on my face it’s the spider veins / redness and I am not sure if good salon IPL or one of these little Lasers would be best. Is it worth doing one good session of IPL at salon now, before I get my hands on one of these much coveted devices? Or should I just save my money and wait for a few more weeks? I did a series of cheap “Groupon IPL sessions’ a couple of years ago and it didn’t really make any difference to those pesky veins, but I realise that with IPL you get what you pay for so I am ready to invest in one good session, but figured I would seek the advice of those of you who know much more about these things than I do.

Any thoughts? All advice gratefully received!
And all advice posted prior to this gratefully digested!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
It's crazy how much more powerful level 3 is then level 2. I did a level 3 treatment on Saturday and the redness last's so much longer and my face felt much more tingly. I'm gonna stay on level 3 for now I think.
Colettes77
5% products discount

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Skincare and Tracey, Thank you both for your replies. They have helped me to work out my plan of attack! I have booked myself in for an IPL session this Thursday with a bonus Omnilux session and free Visia before and after picutures. Early Christmas present to me Smile

Hopefully this time the IPL will have a noticable effect. And any crusty bits fall off before I go to London!!

I am looking forward to becoming a fully fledged member of the Tria/ReAura club in the new-year and being able to post my experiences.

Thanks again
Colette

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Are you trying to get rid of diffuse redness or broken capillaries?IPL works well on rosyness and brown spots.. not so well on pesky facial veins. For those the KTP diode laser 532 or the pulsed dye laser(PDL) is considered the standard of care.But they are pesky and new ones often crop up-take a pic before you go in and if the old ones come back you can usually get another treatment free or heavily discounted-otherwise they tend to tell you these ones are new! But even so for many people leaky, fragile capillaries are an ongoing process and an annual laser outlay required.
kfx216
5% products discount

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I'm almost at the end of my first 8 weeks of Reaura. I've had 2 times where I've had to skip a week due to work, so it's been spread out over 10.5 weeks.

My question is: If you could get discounted Fraxel treatments (1 for $579, 2 for $899 and 3 for $1,169), would you combine it with the Reaura? If yes, how many treatments would you spring for? They have to be used by April. I had thought about getting a few IPL treatments in addition to the Reaura, as another poster suggested, but wonder if the Fraxel would give me more bang for the buck. Well, a lot of bucks Smile.

I will post an update on the Reaura seperately. Thx for any suggestions!
kfx216
5% products discount

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Still in "process"... My initial treatment is going to be 10.5 weeks thanks to having to skip 2 weeks due to work. I have 1.5 weeks to go.

Update: I honestly wouldn't have thought it had done much, except that out of nowhere my mom told me yesterday that she was going to tell me that she thought my skin was looking much better. I was surprised. I have also been using squalene, which has helped with the dead skin issue and noticeably brightened my skin. That was around the 5 week mark for Reaura, so maybe coincided. Reaura hasn't done anything for the sun spots on my forehead or eliminated the pretty deep line under one eye. In fact, I hadn't noticed that line until after using Reaura for a few weeks.

For the poster who asked about sources: I bought my Reaura from a guy on A' maz on and he only came up with I g' oog led the Reaura, not searching within A' ma zo n. He wasn't on there when I checked a month or so ago but maybe he'll be back on again. It was a great price and I was able to register the product.

HTH for those considering the purchase.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Colettes77 wrote:
Skincare and Tracey, Thank you both for your replies. They have helped me to work out my plan of attack! I have booked myself in for an IPL session this Thursday with a bonus Omnilux session and free Visia before and after picutures. Early Christmas present to me Smile

Hopefully this time the IPL will have a noticable effect. And any crusty bits fall off before I go to London!!

I am looking forward to becoming a fully fledged member of the Tria/ReAura club in the new-year and being able to post my experiences.

Thanks again
Colette

Hi,

Don't forget, that once you stop getting regular IPL the red lines will come back. You need to keep up with the maintance. I also want to share with you a brand that I have tried that help maintain the red lines and I was very surprised with this cream. It is from Kate Sommerville, K8 cream. The red lines were gone when I used this cream on regular basis.
Colettes77
5% products discount

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Don't forget, that once you stop getting regular IPL the red lines will come back. You need to keep up with the maintance. I also want to share with you a brand that I have tried that help maintain the red lines and I was very surprised with this cream. It is from Kate Sommerville, K8 cream. The red lines were gone when I used this cream on regular basis.[/quote]

Thanks Skincare and also Maggie6767 for the IPL advice and info. The IPL treatment was fairly successful - about 80% of those darn veins have gone into hiding. The lady at salon suggested an extra treatment for just my nose area - fewer $$ as it would be a smaller area, but no discount. I declined – as it may be better to just get it done annually to keep the worst at bay.

Thanks for the tip on the cream – I will lookout for it.

I know this is a ReAura Forum but just a note to say I have gone over to the other side. Shock I have a Tria waiting for me at my brother’s house which I have to pick up in the next few days. I went on cost in the end.

As a thought, for any West Australians reading – I would be happy to pick up one extra Tria – or a ReAura and bring it back to Perth for handover – cost would be at whatever exchange rate hits my credit card. I will be back there around the 12th of January. PM me if you are interested. I will post same in the Tria thread.

Colette

5% products discount

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone please recommend a good, cheaper alternative to the ReAura performance gel.

Thank you in advance
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Use plain vegetable glycerin, readily available at pharmacies for peanuts. Works just as well for me.
Tjsinspain
5% products discount

Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Oh great thank you for that.
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the ReAura for just over 2 years now and I have been trying to upload a few before and after pics from when I started using it, through to today. I thought they might be useful to anyone thinking of buying the ReAura or Tria, or even if you just want to compare my pics with your own results. However, I can't seem to upload them? The pics are all available to see on my personal blog, as I've just posted a big ReAura review there. If any one would like to see the pics please DM me and I'll happily send you a link to the photos (I think it's in breach of forum rules to leave a link here??). Thanks everyone. Tx
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if any of you who use the ReAura have tried the Philips Lumea IPL?

Ty Smile
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Yes. I bought a Lumea just after I bought the ReAura 2+ years ago. Love it. Really works. Whereas I was having to shave my legs every other day in summer (plus the stubble) I now only need use the Lumea every 6-7 weeks. Plus hair now is lighter (or so it seems) and much finer. But I do have black hair and pale skin. That is the ideal colouring for laser hair removal. Don't know how successful it would be with other colouring? X
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tracey,

Thank you very much for your response! I'm wanting to use this laser on my face. I've had some hormone related issues that have left me with some black hair here and there. I also have fair skin, so I'm hoping that this would work for me!

Which model did you buy?

Are you in the U.K.? I'm in the U.S. and I'm pretty sure I would have to purchase this product from ebay. I'm kind of leery of that but it states that the laser comes with a two year warranty.

Btw I hope nobody minds that we're discussing this product! Since I know the thread was originally created for the ReAura! Smile

tracey parkes wrote:
Yes. I bought a Lumea just after I bought the ReAura 2+ years ago. Love it. Really works. Whereas I was having to shave my legs every other day in summer (plus the stubble) I now only need use the Lumea every 6-7 weeks. Plus hair now is lighter (or so it seems) and much finer. But I do have black hair and pale skin. That is the ideal colouring for laser hair removal. Don't know how successful it would be with other colouring? X
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:10 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

Btw I hope nobody minds that we're discussing this product! Since I know the thread was originally created for the ReAura! Smile

There actually is a Lumea thread Smile (in which I posted my opinion about it):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44560&highlight=
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Switching to the Lumea thread Smile

Chiqui65 wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

There actually is a Lumea thread Smile (in which I posted my opinion about it):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44560&highlight=
Smile Very Happy Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |