Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 5:56 am      Reply with quote
malinky wrote:
Hey so a couple of weeks in and have had to have a break from my last couple of treatments as have not had the chance to take downtime at home and it really does make your face red and scaly for several days!!! Not seen massive improvements as of yet (3 treatments) which is fine, I didn't expect to, but the after effects are a bit grosser than I expected, not pretty! After about 48 hours though the dryness goes and it seems like new skin comes through... and I have had the feeling it was looking slightly better... think it's too soon to tell though! Also got a bit freaked out the other morning as the sun shone through the window as I dozed and hit my reaura'd skin! So sleeping with curtains closed from now on Wink

You need to let the new skin grown, which takes about 4 weeks.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 7:00 am      Reply with quote
malinky wrote:
Hey so a couple of weeks in and have had to have a break from my last couple of treatments as have not had the chance to take downtime at home and it really does make your face red and scaly for several days!!! Not seen massive improvements as of yet (3 treatments) which is fine, I didn't expect to, but the after effects are a bit grosser than I expected, not pretty! After about 48 hours though the dryness goes and it seems like new skin comes through... and I have had the feeling it was looking slightly better... think it's too soon to tell though! Also got a bit freaked out the other morning as the sun shone through the window as I dozed and hit my reaura'd skin! So sleeping with curtains closed from now on Wink

What kind of skin do you have Malinky? My ReAura is on its way and I'm just wondering what to expect the first couple weeks of use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
malinky wrote:

What kind of skin do you have Malinky? My ReAura is on its way and I'm just wondering what to expect the first couple weeks of use.

I am so glad yall are reporting your progress, I'd love to get this machine, when and if it ever is available in the U.S.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
CookieD wrote:
malinky wrote:

I am so glad yall are reporting your progress, I'd love to get this machine, when and if it ever is available in the U.S.

I'm hoping my results are as good as some of the ones I've seen online. Plus photoqueen said it was the best gadget he has ever used and he has tried a bunch of things.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Tiny wrote:
CookieD wrote:
malinky wrote:

I'm hoping my results are as good as some of the ones I've seen online. Plus photoqueen said it was the best gadget he has ever used and he has tried a bunch of things.

I saw that, which only makes me want this even more Brick wall
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 8:04 am      Reply with quote
have just seen the pics on glam plus forty. WOW
What incredible changes, it looks like this device Does do what it says on the tin Very Happy

Maybe I need to rethink Laughing Exclamation My poor poor CC

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Oh!!! If there is one thing I want, one gadget Im desperate to try its the Philips reaura. I will try to get it soon. I cannot wait, but finances wont let me at the moment. Its the only thing I have seen that has produced Visible results i.e. glamplusforty.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
can someone please tell me which page are the pix for glamplus40 on? I can seem to find em! Thanks
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
can someone please tell me which page are the pix for glamplus40 on? I can seem to find em! Thanks

Just google glamplusforty or the website address iswww.glamplusforty.blogspot.com it is a blog about her use of the ReAura.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

Just google glamplusforty or the website address iswww.glamplusforty.blogspot.com it is a blog about her use of the ReAura.

Thank you very much. Nice photos and results but why is it that almost every time people have these before n after pix, the after pix have more light? Skin, when exposed to brighter light would always appear nicer with less wrinkles and less pigmentation....
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

Thank you very much. Nice photos and results but why is it that almost every time people have these before n after pix, the after pix have more light? Skin, when exposed to brighter light would always appear nicer with less wrinkles and less pigmentation....

I think it is just hard to get the exact same lighting every time. I know I could take the camera for dummies class and still get an F. I try to take photos just for my own records and I never get the same look each time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

I think it is just hard to get the exact same lighting every time. I know I could take the camera for dummies class and still get an F. I try to take photos just for my own records and I never get the same look each time.

very true, hard to take photos at different times with exact same lighting.. point I was trying to make is why is that the before pix are almost never brighter than the after pix??? lol... anyways... I hope her results are accurate and good for her! Even Thermage, a professional device, has failed give such good results so I am just skeptical...
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
well, second thought.. I dont buy her reults, the difference in ligthing is way too much.. I hope she is not an eds member as I dont mean to be rude to her!!! Embarassed
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
well, second thought.. I dont buy her reults, the difference in ligthing is way too much.. I hope she is not an eds member as I dont mean to be rude to her!!! Embarassed

I don't know if she is a member or not but go look at her video entries and you can tell that she is not a professional- meaning this is not her profession. I don't mean this in a mean or rude way just that I think she is for real. I hope you get what I'm saying but this is just my opinion.

It has been awhile since I went to her site. I will look later tonight and make sure I didn't get it confused with someone else.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

I don't know if she is a member or not but go look at her video entries and you can tell that she is not a professional- meaning this is not her profession. I don't mean this in a mean or rude way just that I think she is for real. I hope you get what I'm saying but this is just my opinion.

yes, I saw her video and her skin looks even better in it than in the after photos... what I am skeptic about is the before pix which were taken in dim light with a shade on her face and all the after pix and the video is taken in a very bright light and light on it's own can flush out a lot of wrinkles..

Photoqueen here on eds also has good things to say about this laser so I am sure it works... to what extent? I ll wait for more reviews from members of eds with no motive promoting it... a lot of people with blogs have motives, not saying in particular regarding glam40plus, but just in general..

I wanted to mention the difference in lighting in her before n after photos as some eds members are going gaga over this device after seeing her photos... I mean no disrespect to anyone but when someone puts her/his photos on a blog, they open themselves not only to compliments but also to criticism...
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

yes, I saw her video and her skin looks even better in it than in the after photos... what I am skeptic about is the before pix which were taken in dim light with a shade on her face and all the after pix and the video is taken in a very bright light and light on it's own can flush out a lot of wrinkles..

Photoqueen here on eds also has good things to say about this laser so I am sure it works... to what extent? I ll wait for more reviews from members of eds with no motive promoting it... a lot of people with blogs have motives, not saying in particular regarding glam40plus, but just in general..

I wanted to mention the difference in lighting in her before n after photos as some eds members are going gaga over this device after seeing her photos... I mean no disrespect to anyone but when someone puts her/his photos on a blog, they open themselves not only to compliments but also to criticism...

Fair enough.I just got mine tonight. Will do my first session tomorrow. I hope I get great results because it was a lot of money but if it works it will be worth it. I will take before and after photos but they will be for my own use. I did start AnteAge 6 weeks ago and wanted to give it a least 8 weeks by itself but I don't think I will be able to wait that long. Maybe I can wait one more week because AnteAge is a lot of money and although I think the science is good I want to make sure it is worth the cost. So far I am happy with it but it's not like OMG.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Fair enough.I just got mine tonight. Will do my first session tomorrow. I hope I get great results because it was a lot of money but if it works it will be worth it. I will take before and after photos but they will be for my own use. I did start AnteAge 6 weeks ago and wanted to give it a least 8 weeks by itself but I don't think I will be able to wait that long. Maybe I can wait one more week because AnteAge is a lot of money and although I think the science is good I want to make sure it is worth the cost. So far I am happy with it but it's not like OMG.

That's great! Please keep us updated.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 4:37 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

I don't have any motive for promoting it, I bought it myself with my hard earned money.

The proof to me, was my partner saying, your skin looks amazing what have you been using and then asking if they can use it.

I am an expert in this area, and this device works, but you have to be realistic, if you are heavily lined it won't removed wrinkles, you would need the deep fraxel treatment, but as I am lucky and don't have any deep lines the device has made my skin look radiant, tight, fresh and the slight sun pigmentation has gone, so for me, it is one of the key devices in my tool kit.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi PQ,

Appreciate all your helpful feedback on this thread.

I get similar comments after a light chem peel, so always trying to determine what these types of devices can do that would be more than a chem peel(and those are cheap and easy).

If you have done a chem peel, can you compare your results between that and this unit?

Thanks, BFG
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi PQ,

Appreciate all your helpful feedback on this thread.

I get similar comments after a light chem peel, so always trying to determine what these types of devices can do that would be more than a chem peel(and those are cheap and easy).

If you have done a chem peel, can you compare your results between that and this unit?

Thanks, BFG

Hi BFG,

Thanks for the nice comment!

I tend not to do chem peels, I have never had much success with them, I had a few professional peels, and never really noticed any improvement, I would say the key results, are: plumping of the skin, tightness around the jaw line, smoothness, radiance and removing the slight discolouration due to sun damage.

Take care,

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Ok, now i really want one!!! Need in US!!!!!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 8:02 am      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
Ok, now i really want one!!! Need in US!!!!!!

That is what I have been saying! PQ knows his gadgets and he started a major lemming here, we need a US distributor!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I may just say to heck with expensive creams and serums and start saving up for this device, whether it's released in the U.S. or not. Smile My Mother-in-law's in England and it's tempting to tell her to ship one over.

After spending major $ on Lifeline and AnteAge, that's nearly half the cost of the ReAura.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I may just say to heck with expensive creams and serums and start saving up for this device, whether it's released in the U.S. or not. Smile My Mother-in-law's in England and it's tempting to tell her to ship one over.

After spending major $ on Lifeline and AnteAge, that's nearly half the cost of the ReAura.

MAJOR DITTO!!!! I do have a few friends in the UK and just might impose myself! Idea

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Mine cost $1438 US dollars or 889 pounds and that is with 2 extra bottles of aftercare complex. I am going to use the AnteAge products instead. My husband let the sales girls talk him into buying more of the aftercare complex when what I really wanted was more of the laser performance gel.

Photoqueen, do you know how long the 2oz. performance gel last? I don't think you use that much but I don't want to run out before the 8 week series is finished. Thanks for your help Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |