Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:
Phillips told me not to use any products containing any kind of acid from to weeks before starting treatment until two weeks after - everything I have on my shelf has some kind of acid in it. Quite hard to ind a really basic moisturizer without acids in.

What are you ReAura users using in between treatments?

Just one week to go before starting my treatment in the face.

I have started on my hands and they look pretty rough, dry and peeling. But the same happened when I first started derma rolling with a 1.5 roller. After the first couple of treatments I couldn't even tell the day after that I had rolled. Seems like the skin get used to it!

I'm using the AnteAge serum but had to stop the accelerator because it had retinol and Vit c in it.
You can use CeraVe or different oils for moisturizing as long as the don't have Vit A or C. I don't use a lot of moisturizers because I have oily skin and don't really need one but I have started using CeraVe on my chest a littler while after using the ReAura.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is not a review but my initial thoughts on ReAura after using it 4 times(3 + 1 training/test) on my chest area. I have not seen any results yet but it really is early in the process.

Grading scale 10 out of 10

Construction/quality-10 This is a well made and thought out machine. Much better workmanship than some of the other gadgets I have bought. It should last for a long time. It is expensive but a least you can tell they put some of that money into the actual machine.

Instructions/manual/DVD-9 This well written and easy to follow. Mine only complaint is they do not specifically tell you to not to use any Vit A or C products like Retin A for 4 weeks before and 2 weeks after. They have the usual warning stay out of the sun, don't use products that make you more sensitive to sun. I would think their target market would all be using something like this and it would have been nice to include, but not a biggie.

Ease of use-10 This is a very easy to use gadget.
Safety features are good(laser doesn't work unless touching skin). Sometimes I try to go a little fast but that's user error. If you are going over a bony area like the collarbone you may lose contact but only for a second. It is very easy to clean off any laser gel off the tip.

Pain/redness-2 maybe 3 I did the first session on level 2 then switch to level 3(highest) for the rest. It doesn't really hurt at all while I'm doing it, but does turn light red afterwards. You can tell you have done something but not (for me a least) worse then maybe a light glycolic peel. It's not really bad at all. Now remember I am doing this on my chest not face so that could change depending on the area. The skin is kind of paper feeling afterwards. The first 2 times I put on the Avene thermal spring water and ReAura laser aftercare complex. The 3rd time I put on the spring water and AnteAge. The AnteAge did see to make my skin less red and rough feeling but it could be that my chest is just getting use to the laser. I don't know for sure. I do think I have a fairly high tolerance for pain so result my be different. I am also using CeraVe moisturizing cream also.

It does seem to stay charged for awhile. I haven't had to recharge it yet. It does work with US power but you do need an adapter.

I will be starting on my face in a couple of weeks. I had to wait because of Retin A use. I hope to get rid of the chicken skin and two small sun spots on my chest. The only thing I don't really like so far is the time you have to be off of any Vit A and C products. It is a total of 14 weeks, 4 weeks before/treatment of 8 weeks/ 2 weeks after and if you do more than one session (which I probably will) that time starts all over again. So I am hoping I see a big difference but only time will tell. Sorry for writing a book but I know there is not that much information about this gadget out there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Sidmo wrote:
Phillips told me not to use any products containing any kind of acid from to weeks before starting treatment until two weeks after - everything I have on my shelf has some kind of acid in it. Quite hard to ind a really basic moisturizer without acids in.

What are you ReAura users using in between treatments?

Just one week to go before starting my treatment in the face.

I have started on my hands and they look pretty rough, dry and peeling. But the same happened when I first started derma rolling with a 1.5 roller. After the first couple of treatments I couldn't even tell the day after that I had rolled. Seems like the skin get used to it!

I'm using the AnteAge serum but had to stop the accelerator because it had retinol and Vit c in it.
You can use CeraVe or different oils for moisturizing as long as the don't have Vit A or C. I don't use a lot of moisturizers because I have oily skin and don't really need one but I have started using CeraVe on my chest a littler while after using the ReAura.

My skin is also quite oily - no oils for me! But I do need some kind of moisturizer.

Im also annoyed by the fact that you cant use any Vit A/C products and acids.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CookieD,

Thx for your report of this gadget which has got my eye.

Thus, if we use it once every month, we cannot use Retin-A and Vit C anymore, right?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi CookieD,

Thx for your report of this gadget which has got my eye.

Thus, if we use it once every month, we cannot use Retin-A and Vit C anymore, right?

You have to be "off" of Retin a and Vit c for 4 weeks before starting treatment and the treatment is 2 times a week for 8 weeks. Then you can start back on RA and C 2 weeks after you finish your last treatment. So it is a total of 14 weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cookie,

Thanks for the additional info.
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:16 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Cookie,

The people at Phillips told me two weeks before with vitamin C and other acids...I'm not using Retin A, maybe that's the difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Cookie,

The people at Phillips told me two weeks before with vitamin C and other acids...I'm not using Retin A, maybe that's the difference.

Your right Sidmo I should have been clearer. The 4 weeks before is for Retin A. 2 weeks for the others.Sorry about the confusion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sidmo,

Thx for you clarification.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:48 am      Reply with quote
When u are in maintenance are u able to use RA or do u have to stop it before? Im not sure Id give up my RA! I have the palo via and I havent used it for a long time but i dont remb having to stop RA. I realize the reaura is stronger but hmmmm, interesting
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
When u are in maintenance are u able to use RA or do u have to stop it before? Im not sure Id give up my RA! I have the palo via and I havent used it for a long time but i dont remb having to stop RA. I realize the reaura is stronger but hmmmm, interesting

Deb I'm not sure about maintenance. I think I will have to do at least a couple of the 8 weeks series to get the results I want. Maybe PhotoQueen knows the answer. He has been using it the longest I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
DebM wrote:

Deb I'm not sure about maintenance. I think I will have to do at least a couple of the 8 weeks series to get the results I want. Maybe PhotoQueen knows the answer. He has been using it the longest I think.

How much longer before you can start!! You have a ton more patience than I ever could!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
CookieD wrote:
DebM wrote:

How much longer before you can start!! You have a ton more patience than I ever could!

Stopped Retin A on 4-25 so I have a little over 2 weeks left. Doing my chest in the mean time and I think it is good practice for my face when it comes time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if it's OK to use estrogen cream for moisturising in between? I use it to thicken my post-menopausal skin and wonder if it is contraindicated with lasers.

& yes, I do have the Reaura - I just don't have the online support. But I have been wondering if the combination might cause melasma. So perhaps someone in the UK could ask this via online support. Thanx.

Just had my 3rd treatment, level 3. Will report in detail when I am further advanced in the 8 week treatment program.

I just wish I had not had all my platysmas botoxed shortly before as that has had a remarkable effect on the crepey skin on my neck which I was hoping would be corrected with this device. Now I will have difficulty in ascertaining which treatment did what. But I guess that is a good problem to have!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Does anyone know if it's OK to use estrogen cream for moisturising in between? I use it to thicken my post-menopausal skin and wonder if it is contraindicated with lasers.

& yes, I do have the Reaura - I just don't have the online support. But I have been wondering if the combination might cause melasma. So perhaps someone in the UK could ask this via online support. Thanx.

Just had my 3rd treatment, level 3. Will report in detail when I am further advanced in the 8 week

I just wish I had not had all my platysmas botoxed shortly before as that has had a remarkable effect on the crepey skin on my neck which I was hoping would be corrected with this device. Now I will have difficulty in ascertaining which treatment did what. But I guess that is a good problem to have!

Hi mismis, I just posted your question over on the ReAura site. I will post their answer when they get back to me. I don't really know the answer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering how this device would work - or not - on Poikiloderma of Civatte. I did write to 'enquiries' at the Reaura site, but got basically a 'dont know'... Confused
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I'm wondering how this device would work - or not - on Poikiloderma of Civatte. I did write to 'enquiries' at the Reaura site, but got basically a 'dont know'... Confused

Hi Catski, the laser is developed by the makers of the Fraxel laser. Same technology just much less powerful. I would think if you find out if Fraxel works this MIGHT have a chance to work. I haven't seen anyone mention poilkiloderma in the question section or the comment section on how their laser treatment are going. I don't want to steer you wrong because I really don't know the answer. I didn't even know what it was till I googled it.
But if you find out that fraxel doesn't work I doubt this would either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:22 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
DebM wrote:

In my experience, start with a 8 week treatment regime. Rest for the treated for 8 weeks and you can treat another area for 8 weeks.

So:

Face, which is area 1,2 and 3 for 8 weeks.

Any other area for 8 weeks.

Face again for 8 weeks.

I would then review the results, if you have the results you want give your face a rest, if not, 8 weeks rest and then retreat.

You also do one treatment if you have a special occasion and want a glowing complexion.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:31 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
This is not a review but my initial thoughts on ReAura after using it 4 times(3 + 1 training/test) on my chest area. I have not seen any results yet but it really is early in the process.

Grading scale 10 out of 10

Construction/quality-10 This is a well made and thought out machine. Much better workmanship than some of the other gadgets I have bought. It should last for a long time. It is expensive but a least you can tell they put some of that money into the actual machine.

Instructions/manual/DVD-9 This well written and easy to follow. Mine only complaint is they do not specifically tell you to not to use any Vit A or C products like Retin A for 4 weeks before and 2 weeks after. They have the usual warning stay out of the sun, don't use products that make you more sensitive to sun. I would think their target market would all be using something like this and it would have been nice to include, but not a biggie.

Ease of use-10 This is a very easy to use gadget.
Safety features are good(laser doesn't work unless touching skin). Sometimes I try to go a little fast but that's user error. If you are going over a bony area like the collarbone you may lose contact but only for a second. It is very easy to clean off any laser gel off the tip.

Pain/redness-2 maybe 3 I did the first session on level 2 then switch to level 3(highest) for the rest. It doesn't really hurt at all while I'm doing it, but does turn light red afterwards. You can tell you have done something but not (for me a least) worse then maybe a light glycolic peel. It's not really bad at all. Now remember I am doing this on my chest not face so that could change depending on the area. The skin is kind of paper feeling afterwards. The first 2 times I put on the Avene thermal spring water and ReAura laser aftercare complex. The 3rd time I put on the spring water and AnteAge. The AnteAge did see to make my skin less red and rough feeling but it could be that my chest is just getting use to the laser. I don't know for sure. I do think I have a fairly high tolerance for pain so result my be different. I am also using CeraVe moisturizing cream also.

It does seem to stay charged for awhile. I haven't had to recharge it yet. It does work with US power but you do need an adapter.

I will be starting on my face in a couple of weeks. I had to wait because of Retin A use. I hope to get rid of the chicken skin and two small sun spots on my chest. The only thing I don't really like so far is the time you have to be off of any Vit A and C products. It is a total of 14 weeks, 4 weeks before/treatment of 8 weeks/ 2 weeks after and if you do more than one session (which I probably will) that time starts all over again. So I am hoping I see a big difference but only time will tell. Sorry for writing a book but I know there is not that much information about this gadget out there.

Thanks for a fantastic review, brilliant! PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
CookieD wrote:
DebM wrote:

In my experience, start with a 8 week treatment regime. Rest for the treated for 8 weeks and you can treat another area for 8 weeks.

So:

Face again for 8 weeks.

I would then review the results, if you have the results you want give your face a rest, if not, 8 weeks rest and then retreat.

You also do one treatment if you have a special occasion and want a glowing complexion.

PQ

Thanks PhotoQueen for the advice. Sorry I didn't see it earlier. Do you use Retin A,Vit C or acids? If you do, do you stop using them for the whole time you use the ReAura? I just reread what you said above and maybe your saying that you don't do random treatments. Like doing your 8 week treatment then one or two treatments the next month. You just do the whole 8 week series when you feel the need not treatments here and there. I hope this makes sense to you. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
CookieD wrote:
DebM wrote:

So:

Face again for 8 weeks.

PQ

Thanks PhotoQueen for the advice. Sorry I didn't see it earlier. Do you use Retin A,Vit C or acids? If you do, do you stop using them for the whole time you use the ReAura? I just reread what you said above and maybe your saying that you don't do random treatments. Like doing your 8 week treatment then one or two treatments the next month. You just do the whole 8 week series when you feel the need not treatments here and there. I hope this makes sense to you. Thanks.

I don't use acids/retin anymore, as I found it was making my skin feel very sore.

I follow the 8 week regime and then rest the area for 8 weeks.

I do the occasional ad-hoc treatment during the rest period, if I have a special occasion and want a nice glow/bright/radiant skin.

But usually I follow the 8 week on 8 week off regime.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
CookieD wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
CookieD wrote:
DebM wrote:

So:

Face again for 8 weeks.

PQ

I don't use acids/retin anymore, as I found it was making my skin feel very sore.

I follow the 8 week regime and then rest the area for 8 weeks.

I do the occasional ad-hoc treatment during the rest period, if I have a special occasion and want a nice glow/bright/radiant skin.

But usually I follow the 8 week on 8 week off regime.

PQ

Thanks PQ. I don't know why I don't see your responses sooner. Maybe the problems with the site lately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished my sixth treatment on my chest with the ReAura and thought I would update my progress.(6 out of 18 treatments)

I have little to no pain during or after my session. My skin does still turn red but not with the same intensity as when I first started. I do think I am seeing a difference in my skin texture. I do have what I call chicken skin on my chest and it does look less bumpy. Also I have 2 small brown sunspots on my chest and they are definitely lighter. Now these are very small spots about the size of a pencil point(unsharped)each. I would guesstimate they are about 30% lighter, but that is just a guess. I have had these spots for at least 15 years and probably longer and I would love to get rid of them.

The only problem I see right now is you can definitely see a line on my chest from the area I have treated and the area closes to the outside of the top of my arms(around the rotator cuff maybe?) and also where my breast start. I hoping this area goes back to my normal skin color after I have finished my treatment series. You probably won't see that on your face because you treat that whole area but it is a source of concern for me right now.

Has anyone living outside of the areas where ReAura is sold tried to use the chat now feature on Philips website? I don't want to get in trouble using this feature because I don't live in an area where it is currently being sold. Is there anyway they can tell? I did try to use it last week but was told it doesn't work with a mobile device. I was on my iPad so maybe I have to use my computer. I asked a question early last week and have not received an answer yet on the post on Phillips/ReAura website. Also if I can use the chat now can anyone have tell me what you thought of it, doesn't matter whether your inside or outside the sales area. Thanks for the help. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I just finished my sixth treatment on my chest with the ReAura and thought I would update my progress.(6 out of 18 treatments)

I have little to no pain during or after my session. My skin does still turn red but not with the same intensity as when I first started. I do think I am seeing a difference in my skin texture. I do have what I call chicken skin on my chest and it does look less bumpy. Also I have 2 small brown sunspots on my chest and they are definitely lighter. Now these are very small spots about the size of a pencil point(unsharped)each. I would guesstimate they are about 30% lighter, but that is just a guess. I have had these spots for at least 15 years and probably longer and I would love to get rid of them.

The only problem I see right now is you can definitely see a line on my chest from the area I have treated and the area closes to the outside of the top of my arms(around the rotator cuff maybe?) and also where my breast start. I hoping this area goes back to my normal skin color after I have finished my treatment series. You probably won't see that on your face because you treat that whole area but it is a source of concern for me right now.

Has anyone living outside of the areas where ReAura is sold tried to use the chat now feature on Philips website? I don't want to get in trouble using this feature because I don't live in an area where it is currently being sold. Is there anyway they can tell? I did try to use it last week but was told it doesn't work with a mobile device. I was on my iPad so maybe I have to use my computer. I asked a question early last week and have not received an answer yet on the post on Phillips/ReAura website. Also if I can use the chat now can anyone have tell me what you thought of it, doesn't matter whether your inside or outside the sales area. Thanks for the help. Smile

I am so excited for you getting to use this!! When do you start your face? and perhaps you can answer this, I think its been asked over and over but I am still fuzzy on it. If you stay off all "A" products during treatment and at least 4 weeks prior, and your going to do several rounds of the 16 week treatments (8 off )ect. That means basicly just take A out of your products? right?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

I am so excited for you getting to use this!! When do you start your face? and perhaps you can answer this, I think its been asked over and over but I am still fuzzy on it. If you stay off all "A" products during treatment and at least 4 weeks prior, and your going to do several rounds of the 16 week treatments (8 off )ect. That means basicly just take A out of your products? right?

Hi Tiny, I can start on my face this weekend but I am thinking about doing a little experiment/testing with AA so I might have to wait till the weekend after. I haven't decided yet.
On any A products you have to be off them for 4 weeks prior to starting and 2 weeks after completing the treatments not including the 8 weeks of actual ReAura usage. A total of 14 weeks. So if I do what PQ suggested up above (8 weeks on/treatment 8 weeks rest) I could technically use A product for 2 weeks but I don't think it's really worth it. So I will probably just not use any RA for the first two series. Who knows maybe it will work so well I don't need RA anymore. We can only hope. Very Happy
Hope this makes sense. I am really excited. This is something I had my eye on even before it went on sale to the public.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |